barryboymunro

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys i'm just new so go easy on me, still trying to find my way about the site. Looking at getting a new set up but Scottish prices are so high so going to go ebay and send to my brother in TN. Can anyone recommend any good ebay sellers that they have dealt with?
looking at getting VR Pro Combo's with driver and hybrid.

thanks barry

To be honest the ebay prices for VR Pro's are pretty much what you would pay from a Golf Store. American Golf have them for £529 for 4-PW

The other thing you need to be careful of is counterfeit goods on ebay

and :welcome:

Welcome Barry, nice to see another one on here!

One of my regular playing partners got stung from ebay for a set of TM Burner irons at the start of the year. General rule of thumb I tend to use is if it looks too good to be true, it usually is!

Sure a few of our US friends will give you some recommendations. May be worth your while to have a look at some of the recommended sellers outside of eBay. Blind9Golf is definitely worth a click, and since the owners are on here, they'll be sure to help you out at every turn. :D

I would agree that most reputable dealers on eBay will be near the same price as actually in store. I would send a PM to Patty with Blind9 Golf here on the forum or click on their banner on this page and give them a call to see what is the best deal they can give you.

If you still choose to go the eBay route, I have had no issues with the following sellers recently: budgetgolfer, garagesalegolf, and timtheputterman

i have used victory golf off ebay multiple times and they have proved to be reliable.
talk to ken from there.

I won my vr pro combo's from diehardsports for half of retail. Brand new never opened.

Based on the amount of transactions and positive feedback, I'd say they're both legit sellers. I would also throw another vote in there to contact Dennis or Patty at Blind9 Golf. At the top of the page there is a Blind9 banner ad, just click on that and send them an email letting them know you are a THP'er and what you're looking for. They will be as competitive in price as they can.

Based on the amount of transactions and positive feedback, I'd say they're both legit sellers. I would also throw another vote in there to contact Dennis or Patty at Blind9 Golf. At the top of the page there is a Blind9 banner ad, just click on that and send them an email letting them know you are a THP'er and what you're looking for. They will be as competitive in price as they can.

A big +1,000 from me on the bolded, Dennis and Patty are wonderful and i think you will be very happy dealing with them both with price and customer service

+1 for Patty at Blind9, shoot her a PM and maybe she can help you out!

Yes to Blind9. Problem with buying clubs off Ebay is they are bone stock 99.99% of the time. If you need adjustments (lie, grips, shafts) that will add to your total cost. Many upgrades and adjustments are free if you custom order.

Price difference, especially once shipping costs are added in aren't that much.
I'd do your homework on the seller and stay away from anyone outside the U.S. especially the Asian countries with how rampant counterfeiting is over there.

I use ebay to sell, but I very rarely ever buy there and I never buy golf stuff there. Overloaded with fake everything. For every good deal in golf equipment, there is two where someone got screwed.

To each his own, but I'll spend my hard earned money at my home course on golf equipment. These little guys need business as well to survive. I would rather have the guy that is a friend make a profit, than some ebay seller that could care less about me.

JMO of course.

I use ebay to sell, but I very rarely ever buy there and I never buy golf stuff there. Overloaded with fake everything. For every good deal in golf equipment, there is two where someone got screwed.

To each his own, but I'll spend my hard earned money at my home course on golf equipment. These little guys need business as well to survive. I would rather have the guy that is a friend make a profit, than some ebay seller that could care less about me.

JMO of course.

In my opinion, the fake stuff is pretty easy to spot. I have bought a few things on the bay including hybrids, wedges and putters. I think you'll have no trouble knowing what is real and what is fake.

In my opinion, the fake stuff is pretty easy to spot. I have bought a few things on the bay including hybrids, wedges and putters. I think you'll have no trouble knowing what is real and what is fake.

I know Ping has more or less said, that they think more than half of the new Ping clubs on ebay are fake. Callaway has always said the same.

I guess I'm just more loyal to my home course and the owner. Nine times out of ten, he will give members as good of prices as anywhere, and his trade in values are always tops. The course has real good luck selling used stuff. I would just rather have him make a buck, than someone on ebay.

I run a small business and i wold rather give the business to those guys but if i'm also getting a really good price i will shop around.
a general rule of thumb for buying off ebay would be the amount of feedback and sales they have?

thanks

I run a small business and i wold rather give the business to those guys but if i'm also getting a really good price i will shop around.
a general rule of thumb for buying off ebay would be the amount of feedback and sales they have?

thanks

Maybe not so much the amount as much as I would check the quality of their feedback. Every retailer has a couple negative responses, and if you read them and really start to question the integrity, you may as well just avoid them. It's a comfort thing really.

The positive of eBay is that you can dispute a 100% authentic guarantee with the seller if fake most reputable sellers will fix anything before receiving negative feedback. It kills business! I have bought off eBay and only use rep over certain sales. I also only buy from American or Canadian sellers. I will be going to blind 9 next year for my club addiction a's I like to deal with good people!

Diehardsports offers good product from my experience a's does greatgolfsales and ffburgolf(sp). I always take stuff I get from eBay to a local pro shop or register on websites before I hit anything for return purposes.

Just bought a set of Mizuno MP-62's off ebay. slightly used, but in almost perfect condition. Verified the serial number with Mizuno before purchasing (always recommend that). I buy golf stuff off ebay all the time and have always been satisfied, but i don't normally buy stuff from plain joe, i normally buy from reputable dealers and stores on ebay.

I only buy used items from ebay now, ordered a Rusty Titleist Vokey today from there.

I sold three very close to new iron sets in the past two months and git asked 50 times if they were authentic personally, the high bidders got super solid deals on almost new sets.

I just ordered the nike vr combos off of GolfMyGirl on ebay. Claims all serials match and so on. When I get them, I sure as hell am going to send all numbers to nike. I'm lucky. My lie and length for clubs are all standard. I usually do a strong loft, but waiting to see how the clubs do, but, golfmygirl says they will adjjust lie and loft (free) with order. I've got some nike clubs on ebay, only once did nike send me back a report saying a serial was not found...Had it replaced. all was well..i think. If skeptical, ask for serials first then send them to nike, they usually get back in a day or two. but worth it, now that i think about it. haha

Back