Mizuno Irons on Trackman

Clarkey

Reaction score
Handicap
I went to my local fitters last week to get my first set of custom fit irons. (curently playing off the shelf callaway x20s with uniflex).

They put me on the mizuno shaft optizer and the shafts that came out were dynalite xp s300, kbx stiff and project x 5.5.

After hitting all the shafts with the jpx and jpx pro the dynalite came out tops and i had my heart set on the jpx pro.

I went back later in the week to order and thought i mite aswell hit a few more heads on that shaft while i was there.

I hit the pro again then the tour prefered cb,mb and ap2.
The fitter then said try this and handed me the mp53 WOW is all i can say the feel off the club face was unreal.

Here is the strange part

I decided to hit the pro and mp53 back to back using trackman there was some things that i found interesting.

My swing speed with 6 iron pro was 90mph which was giving me a 180/185yard carry.

Then i hit the mp53 6 iron the same swing gave me a swing speed of 85mph but my carry was 195/200yard.

I found this weird as i always thought more swing speed = more yardage (with a good conection)

long story short any idea why this happened???

p.s i went for the mp53 in the end still waiting on delivery.(cant wait)

There's more to how the ball flies than just the swing speed. Attack angle, launch angle, smash factor, side spin. All these combine.

I can't explain the #'s but love my MP 53's and wanted to say congrats on the new sticks!

Back