Taylor Made takes over Golfsmith this thursday 6/23

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone ever been to an event like this? Is it just a promotion to get you in the door OR are actual Taylormade Reps there and stuff? Is it usually jam packed or not too bad?

They say get fit for the new R11 and stuff, I was thinking of going to get fit for the driver just to see the results as my local store is on the list. BUT if its just he golfsmith people doing the usual stuff I figure its not worth the time.

Here's the link:
http://www.golfsmith.com/ps/display/?page=ps%2Ftaylormade-take-over

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering the same thing myself actually. It said they're giving away 11 R11s to people that just demo one. I was also curious if that means 11 per store or 11 total including all locations.

Anyone ever been to an event like this? Is it just a promotion to get you in the door OR are actual Taylormade Reps there and stuff? Is it usually jam packed or not too bad?

They say get fit for the new R11 and stuff, I was thinking of going to get fit for the driver just to see the results as my local store is on the list. BUT if its just he golfsmith people doing the usual stuff I figure its not worth the time.

A lot of stores do this sort of thing. Depending on the day, there can be reps there answering questions. At the stores by me that put these days on, they can get packed. Not a good day to browse or take your time. If you are interested in actually getting fit and buy an R11, see if you can make an appointment. Because every big hitter near that story will be there trying to destroy the simulator's distance records, just to impress everybody there.

I will probably go by and check it out. Worst thing that happens is that the place is a madhouse and I just leave.

I will probably go by and check it out. Worst thing that happens is that the place is a madhouse and I just leave.

That's what I'm going to do. Why not? I could use a free R11. Hahaha

I'm going to check it out also. I could certainly use a new driver! And like yorkum said, if it's a madhouse I'll just leave.

saw this on facebook today, havent been to one before, but I dont think there is a Golfsmith around here anyhow

I'm going to go as well. Why not enter to win. Like others have said, if it is crazy, I'll just leave. If it were a ways away, I probably wouldn't go.

There's a golfsmith about 35 mins from me, and it's on the list... Might go check it out.

They're going to be at the Chandler, AZ GolfSmith, so I'll be going at some point. I figure, I didn't win one of the 82 R11's they gave out on Father's Day, so I'm due right? :)

Website says:
RTA125TAY_06.gif

so I'm gonna say they're TM rep's.

Yeah Im gonna go check it out. Like everyone else If its super busy Im leaving, but if its not too bad it could be fun.

cool...
this is when i hate living in BFE, MOFNW. :angry:

By the way, can we fix the title of the thread to say Thursday 6/23 since the 24th is Friday? hehehe

This is perfect timing since I have a lesson at golftec today. I'll let yall know how it goes.

--
tapatalk

I would go and check it out at the GS near me, but the time frame they're having the event is right in the prime hours of traffic. I went to a demo day a month back and they had quite a few brands and not many people showed up, it was on a weekend too. Good luck to those attending trying to win that R11.

I just found out that it is 11 drivers for ALL the stores, not 11 per store. The entries are going to be sent to TM corp and 11 will be chosen. Not so great odds!

I just found out that it is 11 drivers for ALL the stores, not 11 per store. The entries are going to be sent to TM corp and 11 will be chosen. Not so great odds!

That's what I assumed it was. 11 at each store on top of what they just did on Fathers Day would be giving out way too many free R11s.

I was there today, and my local store was listed, but, TaylorMade was not.

Heading there in roughly 3hrs. Gotta get me some socks. lol

To be honest, those socks are sick!

Nothing in WI. I need to move to a better golf state!

I went with a buddy of mine to this event. The white heads on the drivers don't get picked up well by the LM's at Golfsmith, so the rep was put in a pretty tough spot. He was nice and really knew his stuff. He did confirm the Penta 322 is coming out. After I messed around with the clubs I went over to the shoes and checked out the Cardiffs. Wowwww. I'm in love with these things. The Adidas rep was also super nice and very helpful. He was wearing a pair of the black Cardiffs that he has been wearing as regular shoes for three weeks and the traction nubs/spikes on the bottom still looked great. I told him the only thing that I didn't like about the Cardiffs is the fact all of them have a white sole and he gave me awesome news that they have a shoe called the Carlsbad coming out in February that is just like the Cardiff but will have a tonal saddle on them. Overall it wasn't anything special, but both reps were extremely nice and knowledgeable. Plus, who doesn't like free stuff (sleeve of Burner Tours and pair of ClimaCool socks). I'm also hoping I win one of the 11 R11s they're giving out. Haha

Nothing in WI. I need to move to a better golf state!

Don't worry. I went to the Chandler, AZ location and arrived around 3:50p in case there were a ton of people. Well, let's just say I was the only person there until 4:40p when I left. The TM guys had one other person come up to them while I was there, it was a 9yr old asking them if he could hit the new Nike Driver (he thought they were GS employees). Got me some socks though! And LM data.

Back