Bagboy Automatic Push/Pull Cart

Goins

"Not too shabby"
Reaction score
I've been wanting a nice push cart for a while now to help get in shape and knock some of the costs of playing golf down. I recieved a gift certificate for Dick's and thought this would be a great time to purchase one. To be honest I had full intentions of buying a clicgear but they were sold out, but when I saw this cart which was on sale I couldn't pass it up.

To start off this cart is very simple to fold and open unlike the clicgear. You only have to pull one lever and it folds up in one simple motion. The only downfall is that it doesn't fold quite as compact but small enough to fit in any trunk.

100_0040.jpg

100_0042.jpg

100_0037.jpg

100_0039.jpg

It has a padded compartment to hold your items like keys or a phone and also includes a stretch band secured with velcro. The scorecard holding lid secures with a strong magnet instead of a plastic clip that could break over time. The underside also has two slots for holding spare golfballs.

100_0041.jpg

100_0049.jpg

Another feature that I liked about this cart was that the cupholder is large enough to hold my large gatorade refill bottle instead of having to keep it stored in my bag cooler.

The park brake is conveniently located on the right hand side and works very well with a simple flip of the lever. The handle can also be telescoped in or out by flipping the red lever pictured on each side of the cart.

100_0047.jpg

I tried two types of bags for fitment, a taylormade and my Bagboy revolver. Both bags fit securely with absolutely no twisting whatsoever. You can see in the pictures that two straps hold the bag securely in it's cradle. The cradles are also adjustable to fit any sized bag. I like that the top has a velcro fastener for fast attach/detach of the bag.

100_0043.jpg

100_0044.jpg

100_0045.jpg

Overall I'm happy with my purchase. The cart pushes very well and is very stable with a wide footprint. I had no issues at all on uneven terrain and it never felt or acted as if it would fall over. Can sturdier and more compact carts be found? Yes they can, but for simplicity and ease of use, not to mention price this cart would be hard to beat.

Awesome dude. Glad you are happy with your purchase. I wish I could still walk courses, but there is just no way.

Edit: Thanks for posting the pictures too!

Nicely done, Degoins! Glad you found something you liked for the right price.

great looking bag mate!

Dang man, that was a great review of the cart. You sold me.....if I actually walked.

I would love to walk my course, but dread having to carry my bag everywhere. This would be a great purchase for me, too! Nice find

How much was it on sale for?

Very nice, makes my trolley that I bought today look like it came from the dollar store - hehe

Great job on the write up and thanks for sharing!!

Laser mount for BagBoy cart

Laser mount for BagBoy cart

I've got a BagBoy Automatic and love it. I made a laser rangefinder mount to use with my cart. If you would like to make one here are a few pics. Contact me if you need instructions.

View attachment 2818View attachment 2817View attachment 2819

nice write up and photos, Thanks.

It was on sale for $159 smalls. I thought that was a pretty good deal. I like the idea for the gps mount, might have to borrow it.

I was wondering the same thing. I have a cheap one that I bought for $35 that works but I could use an upgrade for as much as I walk now.

Oh I see it now, $159. It wouldn't take me too many rounds to recoup that.

I have this cart and like it quite a bit. Love the simple fold/unfold, and it rolls great.

The downside is that it is pretty big when folded and pretty heavy too. Also not a ton of storage.

But overall, a very solid cart if you can get it for a reasonable price.

Back