I need a new bag! Suggestions?

mdbuschsr

Just playing for fun
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 17.3
I am sick and freakin' tired of fighting to pull a club or replace it. So, it's time to pull the trigger on a much better quality bag than my current POS! If you are familiar with the vaunted value bag from GolfSmith that is TourTrek you know my pain.

I either ride in a cart or use my ClicGear 3.0 push cart. A hybrid stand bag would be nice for range outings but that's not a deal breaker as I never EVER plan to walk and carry.

To qualify, my new bag must meet these requirements. In no particular order:

MUST have true full length dividers
Rugged construction (my current POS is less then a year old and looks like crap)
A Good rain cover cuz' I aint skeered to play in the rain
Ample storage pockets for everything a golfer needs
A Cooler pocket large enough to hold a 6 pack of uhm water? with ice that won't sweat into the inside of the bag and make my grips slick. This one is not a must but it certainly would be nice.
Did I mention it MUST have true full length dividers

If you have a bag you are in love with that meets those requirements please let me know. There are so many options out there it's hard to narrow down the search. Plus even when they say "14 way full length dividers" I've seen reviews that say there aren't true full length!

Last but not least, I'd like to stay at or below $200.

How long have you had it, and how is it holding up? Do you use it with a push cart? Plenty of room for storage? Do you use the cooler?

Details man DETAILS!!! :D

I like the looks of it.

Had it about 2-3 months now. Played approximately 15 round with it and it still looks new. I do use the cooler; there are small holes in the bottom for melted ice to drain out. Has tons of storage....it is honestly everything that I could ask for in a bag.

Oh yeah - and it fits great on my Clic 3.0 - I only walk.

Had it about 2-3 months now. Played approximately 15 round with it and it still looks new. I do use the cooler; there are small holes in the bottom for melted ice to drain out. Has tons of storage....it is honestly everything that I could ask for in a bag.

Oh yeah - and it fits great on my Clic 3.0 - I only walk.

Do your clubs lay over the score card area with the Clic? That's my biggest gripe with that cart. I love it but I have to move clubs around to get to the card. I know, I want it all, but this crap is expensive and should be designed for the user.

My bag has small holes in the bottom for drain out as well, but during a recent round I found that my grips were all wet with condensation. Now, I don't want to use it.

I love my Sun Mountain C130 golf bag. If I had one complaint it would be the bag material could have been made out of a slightly tougher substance. I have a place on the side of my bag where it bangs against the bag holder on the golf cart and it is rubbing a tear in my bag. I had to put a little Southern fix on it and brought out a short piece of duct tape :D. Other than the material issue, the bag has tons of storage space and the clubs fit very well without any grabbing when pulling one out etc.

Last edited:
I am also looking for a new bag with the same requirements of the OP. Am interested to hear others weigh in.

Do your clubs lay over the score card area with the Clic? That's my biggest gripe with that cart. I love it but I have to move clubs around to get to the card. I know, I want it all, but this crap is expensive and should be designed for the user.

My bag has small holes in the bottom for drain out as well, but during a recent round I found that my grips were all wet with condensation. Now, I don't want to use it.

Nope - not in the least. They don't even interfere with the netting pocket between the scorecard area and the bag.

I love my Sun Mountain C130 golf bag. If I had on complaint it would be the bag material could have been made out of a slightly tougher substance. I have a place on the side of my bag where it bangs against the bag holder on the golf cart and it is rubbing a tear in my bag. I had to put a little Southern fix on it and brought out a short piece of duct tape :D. Other than the material issue, the bag has tons of storage space and the clubs fit very well without any grabbing when pulling one out etc.

This is what I use and I love it. When I upgraded my biggest requirement was also that it have full length dividers. PLENTY of storage yet overall the bag is not too big or bulky.

I love my Sun Mountain C130 golf bag. If I had one complaint it would be the bag material could have been made out of a slightly tougher substance. I have a place on the side of my bag where it bangs against the bag holder on the golf cart and it is rubbing a tear in my bag. I had to put a little Southern fix on it and brought out a short piece of duct tape :D. Other than the material issue, the bag has tons of storage space and the clubs fit very well without any grabbing when pulling one out etc.

Also have the C-130 and absolutely love it. Had it for a couple of years and not a problem. Lots of pockets and storage and never had a club catch. Great bag!

mdbuschsr - FWIW I was strongly considering the C-130 as I preferred a "non club maker" bag but just could not justify the extra $80 on the C-130 when the Callway fit the bill perfectly.

I can tell you this, the storage is great and the cooler is enormous - can get MUCH more than a 6 pack in there. I actually put one of those "keep cold" bags in the cooler with a sandwich, snacks, and a few drinks. Outside of that, I can still get several water bottles in there.

Main reason I went with the C-130 is that it was the only cart bag that came in orange and it is a perfect match for my orange ClicGear 2.0 cart. The fact that it is awesome quality is a bonus!

My bag is somewhere between 2 & 3 years old and it pretty much fills your requirements, however I don't have a clicgear 3.0 thanks to Sports Authority. Here is a link to the closest you can get now to mine and it is on sale so it is a hard bag to beat. I use the cooler pocket for water and Poweraid. I can get 5 in there very easily, I have never had a problem with wet grips. It has a ton of pockets and addresses all of my must haves. It is not perfect, but I don't believe there is a perfect bag out there, this one is close enough to easily satisfy me though. RJ Sports used to offer a lifetime guarantee, but they cut it out just before I purchased my bag. I play around 150 rounds a year and that means it has been on the course between 300 and 400 times and is still holding up very well. Here is the link, I don't know if you can get free shipping, but you will get 15% off this week end. http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp?SUBCATEGORY_ID=16092

Titleist/Sun Mountain. Great bags. I choked and picked up the Ogio Sultan. Do not buy that bag. My clubs are continuously getting stuck in it. The Ogio does have the best rain hood system that I've seen though

Does anyone know of a stand bag with true full length dividers and a decent amount of space? I like the looks of the THP bag a lot, but it isn't available yet. Plus I cannot stand for the clubs to get stuck. Cooler isn't important for me.

Tappin' away from my DROIDX.

I've had my bagboy revolver plus now for about 3 months and love it. It fits nicely on my bagboy cart, same company so it should right? It has plenty of pockets and two external putter holders and my cooler has never leaked into the bag.

100_0026.jpg

Someone mentioned the callaway org 14. I have one and i hate it! The divider system seems like crap to me. My clubs always get stuck and it is horrible. I am ordering a sun mountain c130 soon.

you can have mine. I have had her for 15 years. She can cook too.

Classic! Laughed my azz off at that.

I was at Golfsmith today and the Sun Mountain really caught my eye. Great bag and thats what I will be buying within the month.

Doesn't the C-130 have a putter well? I won't ever have another golf bag that doesn't have a putter well. md, is a putter well important to you?

Doesn't the C-130 have a putter well? I won't ever have another golf bag that doesn't have a putter well. md, is a putter well important to you?

It does. I have last year's model and love it. Plenty of pockets for everything that are easily accessible and the putter well works great. It's actually one of the main reasons I bought it.

Back