The Haney Project Rush Limbaugh [Spoilers]

Ratings are in and it is once again the highest rated show on the network. Tuesday night's episode was the highest rated show since the original Charles Barkley premiere.

I don't think that's a big surprise. I think they will have good ratings all season long

Ratings are in and it is once again the highest rated show on the network. Tuesday night's episode was the highest rated show since the original Charles Barkley premiere.

Not a shock, I figured it would be, and ratings wise he was a great pick for the show.

I guess I have to ask, what does that say about what's being broadcast and the sort of programing needed on TGC? Do the viewers want instruction with the likes of a celebrity or is it they want someone who's game struggles like the rest of us?

Personally, TGC, I turn your channel on the infomertials, am I among the few or the standard?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I agree and disagree with the part in bold. Yes it was more about golf which was nice but I do not understand the point of having his wife on the show. If they are trying to do a "sex sells" with this show then I totally understand why she is there. But if it's a show about golf lessons then I don't see the point of having her there. Sure they are trying to say she is learning too but the star of this show is Rush and Hank. Don't get me wrong, she is great eye candy, but I am not interested in their love story I just want to see golf lessons.

That probably sounds like a typical woman response but I can assure you I appreciate eye candy with the best of 'em but for the golf channel I just don't get it. I had the same issue with Big Break Sandals. Was it a show about golf or girls?

Sex certainly sells GG, as pathetic as it may be. Crap I'm a married man and there are some occasions where I feel like I can't look when I'm watching the Golf Channel!!! Is it Golf Now where what's her face does a tour of the place they're playing?

I guess I have to ask, what does that say about what's being broadcast and the sort of programing needed on TGC? Do the viewers want instruction with the likes of a celebrity or is it they want someone who's game struggles like the rest of us?

Personally, TGC, I turn your channel on the infomertials, am I among the few or the standard?

Its the celebrity that makes the ratings Duey. I know die hards want to see it, but if Hank Haney did a show on helping the common guy, it would get a zero in the ratings. It would be that bad.

After seeing Limbaugh on this, I really wonder how much of his public personality (Radio, Speaking Engagements, Books) are just that, a public face used to market his product (Himself) and that is the real Limbaugh on the course

I agree with you guys. Rush seems like a typical weekend hacker. I would tee it up with him. I bet it would be a fun round.

honestly, i don't know why but it bothers me that this is the GC's #1 rated show. i certainly don't watch it. i thought the barkley season was just ok......and clearly, whatever hank did with him didn't really have any lasting impact as sir charles now golfs left handed. i watched one episode of the romano show and never tuned back in. i didn't even give this one a chance, nor will i. there's no instruction, and the show seems more about personal agendas then actual instruction. i understand that the GC has the golf fix and that this show isn't about that, but honestly, i can think of nothing worse than watching an overweight, cigar chuffing, radio personality hit thousands of balls, and hacking shot after shot. the self promotion that seems to be going on isn't what the haney project should be about. how many times do we have to be reminded how many lessons hank haney's given? they should rename it the haney jusitification or something. i'd rather watch golf myself. there's pga tour, euro tour, nationwide tour, hooters tour, heck, tons of tours, i'd rather watch any of that. in fact, i'd rather watch point break or analyze this to tell you the truth.

I turn also, Ifind very little to watch there because of so much repeating of the same things over and over. I like the old instruction shows much more than TBB running over to the point of my being fustrated with them.

Last edited:
Looks to me that Hank's patience will be tested with this guy. Rush is pompous a$$clown who doesn't like to be told what to do. Personally I was not impressed with the first show, but I'm sure I'll watch it again just to see Rush stick that foot deeper down his throat.

Looks to me that Hank's patience will be tested with this guy. Rush is pompous a$$clown who doesn't like to be told what to do. Personally I was not impressed with the first show, but I'm sure I'll watch it again just to see Rush stick that foot deeper down his throat.

This is what you got out of the 1st show? I think we watched different shows then. It seems to be the exact opposite is what took place. He wants to be told EXACTLY what to do.

shouldn't a guy who has a student like tiger on his resume be working with golfers, not sports figures, comedians and a social personality? my biggest problem is that i simply don't like hank haney. he inherited the greatest golfer of all time and proceeded to help him become good, not great like he was. i just can't get behind hank haney.

shouldn't a guy who has a student like tiger on his resume be working with golfers, not sports figures, comedians and a social personality? my biggest problem is that i simply don't like hank haney. he inherited the greatest golfer of all time and proceeded to help him become good, not great like he was. i just can't get behind hank haney.

Can't those things be one and the same? A comedian cannot also be a golfer? He has said before that he is not sure he will coach on the highest level again. And after working with TW over the last bunch of years would you want to? You have to know at some levels, the guy had to deal with a lot of personal stuff behind the scenes.

Can't those things be one and the same? A comedian cannot also be a golfer? He has said before that he is not sure he will coach on the highest level again. And after working with TW over the last bunch of years would you want to? You have to know at some levels, the guy had to deal with a lot of personal stuff behind the scenes.

dude, i don't care what he had to deal with, it made him a fortune, set him up for life. i'd rather see him off at his ranch helping juniors or whatever as opposed to some over-paid personalities who can, quite frankly, afford their own lessons. i'm not naive though, i know that this is all dollar driven, and obviously with the ratings, it's working just fine. i just won't be a viewer. i get absolutely nothing out of it, i don't even find it entertaining.

This is what you got out of the 1st show? I think we watched different shows then. It seems to be the exact opposite is what took place. He wants to be told EXACTLY what to do.

May be, but will he listen? Only time will tell. His ego is pretty large....

dude, i don't care what he had to deal with, it made him a fortune, set him up for life. i'd rather see him off at his ranch helping juniors or whatever as opposed to some over-paid personalities who can, quite frankly, afford their own lessons. i'm not naive though, i know that this is all dollar driven, and obviously with the ratings, it's working just fine. i just won't be a viewer. i get absolutely nothing out of it, i don't even find it entertaining.

You are assuming he does not do that right now. He has a pretty big golf school and was a heck of a well known coach before TW. Do you think TW plucked some guy out of a strip center and made him his coach? Its called entertainment. I think that half of hollywood should be helping out more, but does that make their movies less desirable? It does not take a whole lot of time to film this show to run over the course of several months.

Clearly you have made up your mind about the show before it starts. Ray Romano didnt listen by the way. The guy did nothing but ask questions and listen and then get excited.

You are assuming he does not do that right now. He has a pretty big golf school and was a heck of a well known coach before TW. Do you think TW plucked some guy out of a strip center and made him his coach? Its called entertainment. I think that half of hollywood should be helping out more, but does that make their movies less desirable? It does not take a whole lot of time to film this show to run over the course of several months.

Clearly you have made up your mind about the show before it starts. Ray Romano didnt listen by the way. The guy did nothing but ask questions and listen and then get excited.

It is on right now on GC. I'll watch it again, but you could be right. My mind may be made up after one show.

It is on right now on GC. I'll watch it again, but you could be right. My mind may be made up after one show.

I think we both know it was made up before the show began. :act-up:

Romano was the worst kind of student. He didn't listen to anything. He always had the answer. Seems he was looking for validation more than a better golf game.

From the first show, it looks the opposite for Rush. He is almost likable. Even the awkward chest bump thing makes him more personable. Just another guy who wants to get better. Never thought I'd be saying almost likable and Rush haha. But that's the close minded part of me and the part of me that likes shows like this. In sense not the best golf show, but it serves another purpose for me. Losing assumptions about people you don't know personally, because well you just don't know them.

you are right, it is entertainment, and i simply choose to not be entertained by it, b/c quite frankly, it's not entertaining to me. never has been, never will be. i despise most of the GC's series except for the big break, and ironically, it's more revolved around golf/challenges. the haney project is mostly a running commentary and glimpse into the lives of certain personalities. most of the posts in this thread that are supportive of the show, is b/c they are seeing a side of Rush that they didn't expect. what does that have to do with golf/golf instruction?

Rush actually predicted on the first show that this would be a big hit because people would want him to fail and make a fool of himself. Looks like he was right once again. I thought he did a great job of listening, heck he really seemed like he wants the help.

you are right, it is entertainment, and i simply choose to not be entertained by it, b/c quite frankly, it's not entertaining to me. never has been, never will be. i despise most of the GC's series except for the big break, and ironically, it's more revolved around golf/challenges. the haney project is mostly a running commentary and glimpse into the lives of certain personalities. most of the posts in this thread that are supportive of the show, is b/c they are seeing a side of Rush that they didn't expect. what does that have to do with golf/golf instruction?

How can you call something not entertainment without viewing it? Im genuinely curious about that question. If you watched this one you would see it was all about golf and the issues that someone as a hacker has that wants to improve on. Watching them on the putting green and listening to him talk about "forget everything else except speed" was a great tip and one that most golfers should listen to.

How can you call something not entertainment without viewing it? Im genuinely curious about that question. If you watched this one you would see it was all about golf and the issues that someone as a hacker has that wants to improve on. Watching them on the putting green and listening to him talk about "forget everything else except speed" was a great tip and one that most golfers should listen to.

b/c the first two seasons set a horrible standard for me. i would rather not waste an hour of my evenings trying to give something a third chance. i'm sure there are snip-its of instruction, as i would hope there would be, but with charles and ray, it was the same thing over and over and over again.

b/c the first two seasons set a horrible standard for me. i would rather not waste an hour of my evenings trying to give something a third chance. i'm sure there are snip-its of instruction, as i would hope there would be, but with charles and ray, it was the same thing over and over and over again.

You planning on watching it twice?

You planning on watching it twice?

well it feels like an hour.....you get the point nit-pick jones. i just won't watch it, i'm glad that so many will. hopefully they'll learn something from one of the great teachers in golf (clearly he's great, he didn't come out of a strip mall or anything).

Back