LeviTee Sports Glove?

johndeere10

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.gettheglove.com/

Anyone tried one of these? I found them on Facebook and was just curious.

The LeviTee Glove helps to avoid the “death grip”. By doing so, the athlete gets the proper grip pressure and the results will include a straighter and longer ball flight. More distance with less effort.

The LeviTee Glove promotes a lighter, looser grip which allows for more swing speed. The Glove will assist the player with their grip pressure.

The LeviTee Glove feels good and is as comfortable as traditional gloves, if not more comfortable.

Grip tests done with the a Hand Dynamometer show a 30% reduction in grip force.

Tension starts in the hands and the tightness creeps into all the other muscles, inhibiting any real dynamic swing. The LeviTee Glove eliminates the tightness.

The LeviTee Glove relieves “arm pump” that is prevalent in other sports namely motocross, waterskiing and baseball. It is a condition that develops from squeezing to tightly by holding the handlebars, tow-rope or bat.

Sounds interesting. Is it legal for tournament play? (Not that I play tournaments, but others do).

I know I grip too hard most of the time, this might be great for me.

Sounds interesting. Is it legal for tournament play? (Not that I play tournaments, but others do).

I know I grip too hard most of the time, this might be great for me.

Here's their response from the company about the legality of this glove.
Like with the bionic glove they are deemed legal if the glove alleviates pain from a medical condition. Look up rule 14.3, it explains all the exemptions to the rule.

Rule 14-3

14-3. Artificial Devices, Unusual Equipment and Unusual Use of Equipment
The United States Golf Association (USGA) reserves the right, at any time, to change the Rules relating to artificial devices, unusual equipment and the unusual use of equipment, and make or change the interpretations relating to these Rules.

A player in doubt as to whether use of an item would constitute a breach of Rule 14-3 should consult the USGA.

A manufacturer should submit to the USGA a sample of an item to be manufactured for a ruling as to whether its use during a stipulated round would cause a player to be in breach of Rule 14-3. The sample becomes the property of the USGA for reference purposes. If a manufacturer fails to submit a sample or, having submitted a sample, fails to await a ruling before manufacturing and/or marketing the item, the manufacturer assumes the risk of a ruling that use of the item would be contrary to the Rules.

Except as provided in the Rules, during a stipulated round the player must not use any artificial device or unusual equipment, or use any equipment in an unusual manner:

a. That might assist him in making a stroke or in his play; or
b. For the purpose of gauging or measuring distance or conditions that might affect his play; or
c. That might assist him in gripping the club, except that:

(i) plain gloves may be worn;
(ii) resin, powder and drying or moisturizing agents may be used; and
(iii) a towel or handkerchief may be wrapped around the grip.

Exceptions:

1. A player is not in breach of this Rule if (a) the equipment or device is designed for or has the effect of alleviating a medical condition, (b) the player has a legitimate medical reason to use the equipment or device, and (c) the Committee is satisfied that its use does not give the player any undue advantage over other players.

2. A player is not in breach of this Rule if he uses equipment in a traditionally accepted manner.

Hmmmmmm, very interesting

I have the feelin some people will be coming down with some medical issues! LOL

I'm waking up this old thread rather than posting a new one.

I won a Levitee glove in a holiday giveaway last fall. Here are some pictures of it and my initial thoughts. I have not had a chance to use this glove in play yet so I may follow up later with more information.

Overall, the Levitee glove seems to be well made. The leather is very soft. It's actually slightly loose on my hand which is a first for me because almost many gloves are quite snug. (I wear Mens XL) There is no padding on the palm. As previous posters noted, Levitee's web site claims that they are conforming under rule 14.3.

The main feature of the Levitee glove is is the FST pads between the digits between the knuckles and the first joint. They feel odd and somewhat uncomfortable without a club in your hand, especially when I make a fist and my fingers squeeze together.

Pictures:

WP_000185.jpg

WP_000187.jpg

WP_000186.jpg

When you grip a club with the glove, the pads force your fingers to separate on the grip. You can see them sticking out between my fingers in the photo below:

WP_000191.jpg

It was too cold today to hit any real balls, but the glove did feel OK during some test swings in the back yard.

Overall, it's an interesting idea. If you have the "death grip" problem, I can see how this would help. I don't think it has any chance of replacing my current favorite glove (Bionic Relaxgrip) but I'll take it with me next time I go out to the range and see how it feels in action.

Ken

Thanks for the info, I might find those pads a bit distracting while gripping, but I understand comabting the death grip problem!

Very interesting. If you can remember, please let us know how it is when hitting some balls. I can suffer from the strangle grip

Intrigued...if I won't try the product, maybe I will try to focus on a lighter grip. I'd like to try this someday, I do tend to grip too tightly every now and then.

Looking forward to your thoughts when you get to actually hit a few balls with this glove.

Y'all know I can't help it but I just looked around on the web and found a 25% discount code if you use LEVITEE as your code at checkout. Hope this helps out some of you ponderers.

Back