Maruman Shuttle Fairway Wood Preview

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This fairway wood has been discussed a bit already and Demo Day attendees had the chance to hit it in May. It's now at THP's Illinois headquarters for a review for the homepage. For those of you unfamiliar with the brand, I encourage you to check out their website at http://www.maruman.co.jp/english/.

This is a very shallow faced fairway wood with what appears to be a very large volume head. There is some very cool tech behind it including a lightweight shaft.

Some pics for your viewing pleasure:

DSC01034.jpg

DSC01032.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

DSC01035.jpg

I really like this one. Extremely shallow face makes for easy shots off the deck.

I love your reviews of non-huge oem stuff. Looking fwd to it. That head seems pretty huge for a 3wood. Go Hawk!

• Staff
I really like this one. Extremely shallow face makes for easy shots off the deck.

You were freaking pounding this thing in April. I'm glad I have some extended time to test it out. It may take a bit of time to get used to it, but I'm very excited.

Nice looking club. Looking forward to your thoughts on this one Hawk.

I like the shallow face but the head shape isn't as pleasing to my eye as I would like. I look forward to your feedback about this one though.

great looking club, i remember talking about this one before the outing, ready to hear your thoughts on it hawk

Awesome looking. Cant wait to read your reviews....

I love THP for this reason.. learning about clubs I have never heard of

Doesn't that first pic make you feel like you could bomb it from that lie?

Can't wait to read your reviews Hawk. Sharp looking 3 wood for sure.

I love the low profile face. It's how I like my fairway woods.

Good looking club but very shiny with quite a reflection in it. I wonder if it'll be distracting at all?

I think I just drooled on myself. :drool: Can't wait to read more about it!

I actually had an opportunity to hit this at my local demo day earlier this year. I remember thinking Marumans used to be really expensive clubs. The rep told me that they now have competitive pricing for their product releases in the U.S.
Anyway, this was a really easy club to hit, I was having problems with my swing that day but this club was high, long and forgiving.
Looking forward to your thoughts Hawk.

Is it me, or does it set up a bit closed in that first picture?

Hawk, let me know how it hits out of light rough.

I love big 3 wood heads, especially when they're low low profile.

$300 each, but they sure look nice!

Is it me, or does it set up a bit closed in that first picture?

Hawk, let me know how it hits out of light rough.

I love big 3 wood heads, especially when they're low low profile.

Its just the angle of the camera. I will let you know about the rough for sure. There are ranges around here that would qualify :)

Posted via Tapatalk

Looks very nice. Not sure if it looks good to me as it contradicts itself to my eyes. It's shallow, looks like it'd be easy to hit from the fairway, but the perceived larger volume makes it look like an option from the tee. Maybe that's actually the best of both worlds? I look forward to finding out!

Beautiful club and sounds like it has a lot going for it, but the larger shape also has me wondering what this is like of the flat lie. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Looks very nice. Not sure if it looks good to me as it contradicts itself to my eyes. It's shallow, looks like it'd be easy to hit from the fairway, but the perceived larger volume makes it look like an option from the tee. Maybe that's actually the best of both worlds? I look forward to finding out!

It's really funny you say that because it's the exact same thing I was thinking about last night. On one hand, it's shallow and appears to be made for the turf On the other, it doesn't really look like a club that is made for hitting off the turf b/c of the head size and shape. Only one way to find out!

That pic really doesn't capture how big the head looks in person. It really looks enormous. I'm wondering what that might do for me off the tee. It has some interesting tech built into it that is supposed to make it very forgiving. We shall see.

It really does seem like a contradiction from what we've come to expect from our fairway woods lately. They're usually one or the other. Think that reason alone might make this test rather intriguing!

First range session with this fairway today. Was swinging good, which is always a plus when you are testing a fairway wood.

-It has a little bit of an aluminum bat sound. Louder than most fairways I've encountered.

-Very easy to hit off the turf. Incredibly easy, in fact. The expanded size of the head didn't affect that at all as far as I was concerned.

-Very easy to hit off the tee, too. It just needs to be teed at the same height you'd tee an iron or hybrid.

-Ball flight for me was mid/high and very cool looking. It started off low, and just rose steadily until it peaked and dropped. It was like a missle. So cool.

-I hit it very straight. Far straighter than I expected. I hit a couple leaking fades when I put a bad swing on it. No pulls.

-Seems to be very forgiving, which would make sense. I hit a few out towards the toe. Didn't travel nearly as far as good shots, but the ball still got up and went a reasonable distance.

-Distance was really good. I historically don't hit 15° fairway well or far. I was carrying this over 200 yards regularly, but I can't give exact numbers. For me, that's far. I will report some GPS distances when I get it out on the course.

-I'm bagging it for awhile. I didn't really expect to have as much success with it today, but it was super easy to hit. Wow.

I actually had an opportunity to hit this at my local demo day earlier this year. I remember thinking Marumans used to be really expensive clubs. The rep told me that they now have competitive pricing for their product releases in the U.S.
Anyway, this was a really easy club to hit, I was having problems with my swing that day but this club was high, long and forgiving.
Looking forward to your thoughts Hawk.

That's cool to hear. I think that many would be all over this club if they had the chance to hit it.

Thinking of painting it white :devil:

Back