MattyGazoo1

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone ever bought/used these? Heard they were good to use for alignment and putting but didn't know if they were worth the 15 bucks. Any thoughts would be nice.
http://www.toursticks.com/product_info.php?products_id=36
golf_alignment_1.jpg

K guys, thanks gonna look into those now.

But do are you guys finding they help? How so?

I mainly use them as an alignment check on the range by setting one down parallel to the target line. It gives me a visual reference point to align my feet, hips, and shoulders. It also will give a good reference in relation to my swing path in the direction of my divot. One advantage that sticks have over just using a randon club from your bag is that they can be pushed into the ground to set up an actual feed back mechanism if you are working on something like eliminating a lateral shift in your backswing by literally putting one in the ground behind you that leans forward in a way in which it makes contact with your right hip such that any movement in that direction will provide tactile feedback.

There are a multitude of uses for it and at worst an alignment aid at the range is way better than just blasting balls off in rapid succession.

john

They're also good for self defence!

I bought 3 of the 48" yellow driveway rods from Lowes today for $6.32 total including tax. If they don't help, I can always use them as driveway markers.
:laughing:

I've got a set, really useful!

I use them for alignment on the range as well as to check it on the course from time to time too. Also stick them in the ground to check my swing plane during the backswing. Another use is on the putting/chipping green to check either alignment or distance control.

Whilst a club can be used for many of these applications too, I find the bright colours help as a vision aid. Also if the ground is wet it saves a grip from getting greasy.

I mainly use them as an alignment check on the range by setting one down parallel to the target line. It gives me a visual reference point to align my feet, hips, and shoulders. It also will give a good reference in relation to my swing path in the direction of my divot. One advantage that sticks have over just using a randon club from your bag is that they can be pushed into the ground to set up an actual feed back mechanism if you are working on something like eliminating a lateral shift in your backswing by literally putting one in the ground behind you that leans forward in a way in which it makes contact with your right hip such that any movement in that direction will provide tactile feedback.

There are a multitude of uses for it and at worst an alignment aid at the range is way better than just blasting balls off in rapid succession.

john

good post.

i find that i rarely use mine by just laying them on the ground. i like to use mine by placing one in the ground behind me (placing one end in the ground and setting it at an angle). i like to use it as a guide on which i take the club back and up. i want my golf club to run just inside it, without hitting it. if i do this, it prevents me from taking the club back to the inside, b/c if i do, i have the tendency to come across at the top which isn't good for me.

Since its cold and winter again these are back in Home Depot. I just walked by them on Sunday actually. If you want some be sure to go soon as it gets warm they disappear and are harder to find.

Thanks for the posts I've been wanting to purchase these sticks for a while. I need all the help I can get.

I have 3 "tour sticks." One is marking a point in my driveway, the other two are in my bag. $0.99 each on sale. During the round, they hold my driver's head cover since I'm too lazy to take it on and off on each tee box.

I went the home depot route and cut off the reflectors as play toys for my son. We spin them like tops and let them catch the light. That's a win/win.

i dont fined them to be very useful but my coach thinks there great

I have a set and i feel they help. I think they work better for putting but i have used them to help shape shots. You can find a practical use for them for your whole game

Back