Adams Golf Purchases Yes! Putters

Sounds like a nice pickup for Adams

I can only see this as a postiive for Adams. Big move in my opinion.

good for Adams

I wonder if they'll make a putter called the 'Adam' now?

Good move by Adams, think there may be more of a Yes! presence on the Nationwide/Champions/Euro Tour where Adams has more exposure?

Hope they are able to do something with the brand. I think it's a bit risky on their part, but we will see what happens.

Great news for Yes and Adams.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always assumed that Adams may not have the appropriate funds for an acquisition of this magnitude. I have no earthly idea if this is a good or a bad move for Adams but I wish them the best of luck with it. I think it would be great for them to have a nice line of putter.

This could be a good move for Adams, I wonder what they will do with the brand

I think this is a good pickup for Adams, but time will tell.

Big day for putter companies! I'd say it's a good move by Adams. They haven't had loads of success with their putters so far.

So, what does Adams do with the brand? Do you think the market needs another premium priced line or do they make them more in line with the Odyssey, Method Core price point? I may be dead wrong, but I don't see this working if they are trying to sell these putters for 200-300.

I had a funny feeling on Adams or Puma-Cobra purchasing Yes!. Interesting.

Pretty much what I was thinking as well. I figured Puma/Cobra would have wanted the brand, but what do I know. I think this will be a good fit for Adams.

If I was a big power company, I would much prefer purchasing Rife over Adams. But im sure the prices for each company are VERY different.
Pretty much what I was thinking as well. I figured Puma/Cobra would have wanted the brand, but what do I know. I think this will be a good fit for Adams.

So, what does Adams do with the brand? Do you think the market needs another premium priced line or do they make them more in line with the Odyssey, Method Core price point? I may be dead wrong, but I don't see this working if they are trying to sell these putters for 200-300.

Good question Hawk. I think the ball is definitely in their court to do something big with this line. I would love to see something in line with the Odyssey, Method, Ghost lines, but I'm not so sure we'll see it. Adams is the one OEM that just baffles me more than many others. I really like some of their stuff, but I find that they have big gaps in their offerings to consumers. For example, where is their set of GI irons (that don't feature hybrid irons)? I believe that they tend to alienate themselves from a huge demographic of golfer. I also think it would be in their best interest to make a young, rising star on tour the face of their company. I'm sorry but Baddely and Tom Watson just don't cut it.

JB and I were discussing why they don't do this? Why wouldn't a golfer who's in another fairly large stable (we threw out the name Sean O'Hair) want to be the face of a particular OEM?

Until this happens, and until Adams fills some gaps in their iron set arsenal, they'll always be 2nd fiddle to the big boys to most consumers between the ages 18-35. Clearly they have the $$$$ to get something like this done. I want it! Lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always assumed that Adams may not have the appropriate funds for an acquisition of this magnitude. I have no earthly idea if this is a good or a bad move for Adams but I wish them the best of luck with it. I think it would be great for them to have a nice line of putter.

Financially they are doing okay. Whether or not sales are good, not sure right now.

This is the million dollar question right here.

When AG and I were looking at sets for her this time last year, we met briefly with an Adams rep who told us about the a7OS Seniors set that we ultimately got her. He told us that one of the big names from Odyssey had moved to Adams and such the putter that is included in the set was of his design. We were also told the putter would be worth $300 on it's own, if you want to believe that. It is a nice putter, don't get me wrong and AG makes lots of putts with it. All this being said, it will be interesting to see where Yes! fits into all of this.

Will be interesting to see what Adams has in mind with this purchase .
Keep with the same ideas or put a different twist on things ??

Now they have to release a >$150 line.

Food for thought. Adams has their own affordable putters that I have yet to see in Golf Galaxy. Yes! has their putters and quite a few people like them. And you can find them in Golf Galaxy. So it looks to me like they gave up on their own putters and took the MS easy way out and just bought someone else.

I think its a great pickup for Adams. I dont have a YES putter but I was kind of looking forward to snagging one up on the cheap.

I think this was a good purchase. You probably got that much in inventory. With a concerted effort in marketing they could improve the brand. I don't know as though they need a high end putter. If they focus on 159-200 dollar range and have a decent selection if they get there name up there with SC, Ody, etc. Some tour recognition would help keep the grips and maybe come up with a dual Staff bag.

I think Yes will fit in nicely with Adams, I was actually hoping Adams might buy them. I have a soft spot for Adams ever since the 2009 demo day when I hit the A4's and a few of the drivers, good stuff man!!! I've been wanting a Sandy putter ever since the 1st sale news hit; hope Adams can do some good stuff with those good looking C-grooves.

Back