What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I played Alta Mesa CC in Mesa, AZ and the place was in great shape. The greens were AWESOME and FAST. The pro said they were 12-13 and I believe it. The greens were, fast, smooth AND soft so it was a fun round. If you hit a good shot, the ball would check up well on the soft greens but you couldn't get overly agressive with the putts.

I shot 37/41 with a double into the water on the 18th. Having played it, I would change stategy on a number of holes with different lines off some tees but it was super fun and I played OK.

I am missing golf so much I just read from Page Here to page 296 of people posting their scores.. do I have a problem?

I took my son out for 9 holes today and shot a 52. Unto itself the 52 is about 10 strokes higher than I'm happy with. But, I recently had a 10 minute swing analysis at GolfTec, and was shown a major/minor swing flaw in my plane and wrist at the top. So I'm working really hard on that with very VERY slow success. I also moved the ball way forward in my stance in an attempt to reduce my fat shots with GREAT success.

I played a 7i about a ball and a half forward from "normal" and was extremely uncomfortable with it, but hit the prettiest high fade out of the rough it made me giddy!

In short crappy score for a really successful round!

Played 18 today at Windermere Country Club with calebt17. It was one of those days when everything was clicking but I was just burning the edges on the putts. I left my irons and driver at the house by accident since I was bringing so much for testing on the range. With that being said, I hit the ball really well and the Mashie delivered in more ways then one. The greens were LIGHTENING fast and made it difficult to score as I missed about 5 birdies inside of 15 feet by just burning the edge. All in all I shot 40 on the front and 40 on the back and came away pretty happy.

No birides and no doubles. Clean scorecard for the most part.

46/44
i dont know what happened between now and the last time i played but i was crushing balls today
too bad i was also crushing my stupid putter
birdie opportunities turned into frikken bogies... i missed every putt inside of 2 feet and holed every putt longer than 10 ft
my dilemma was i was sticking alot of approach shots really close which is normally good but my putting sucked
i literally played bogey golf today

The only thing I've shot recently was snow out of my snowblower.

The amount of clubs JB tests, it's a wonder he can strike the ball with any confidence. He was lights out today. His drives were long and approaches on target. He even snap hooked one around a tree by design from an downhill lie. He had a 70's round going if some putts go in. It was my first time playing the course. It was a tale of two nines for me. My front nine was an epic fail, 50. Then, I shot a blazing 40 on the back for a 90. It was a great time talking family, golf, sports, tv, and equipment.

Shot a 90 on my home course yesterday? 46 front nine and a 44 back nine. Looking at the stats 10/14 fairways and 29 putts...but only 4/18 greens. Just not comfortable with the new irons yet. Approach shots is the weakness at this point. So much trouble that I only had 6 opportunities for an up & down. I'll get these irons working sooner or later.

Well since it was first round since Oct 15 I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. Driver didn't cooperate most of the time but that isn't anything new. Still would been in low 80's if took score. I was just happy to be out playing. I did birdie 2 holes. One was hole out from 95 yds and other was chip in off the green from about 15-20 ft. Wedges and irons were there hybrid to driver went cold from not playing/swinging the club. But PGA Show demo day next week and play on Friday will be good to get out again.

50/47
the distance i had yesterday didnt carry over into today
everything was short short
straight at it but not on it... shawtee
it also didnt help that i tin cupped 2 par 5's
putts were frustrating again... dropped a 20 footer and missed a bunch of 3 footers

The only thing I've shot recently was snow out of my snowblower.

The snow is clearing up here a little, but still snow on the ground! I think i need to go visit next weekend to a warmer place...lol.

Played in the rain. LOL. Shot 42. A couple putts just didn't drop. But I was pretty pleased. Although my chipping was still horrible.

Played 9 today it was really windy but it was sunny so even though I am really sick I had to go out. I was driving the ball really well and putting really well but my iron play was just awful which is normally the strength of my game. Shot a 44 on the front nine and then left because I was just too sick to keep going. Had fun though.

77 on Pinehurst #2 in the simulator. I still cant grasp the putting on a simulator, but the swing is coming along really nicely. The only word I really have for my swing right now is 'compact'. A little distance control would do me some good as well.

I shoveled 18 today. The front walk and stairs went pretty well. The driveway was a bit of a struggle. Hit a few hazards but was able to get up and down and save driveway from the ice.

48/46
course was brutal with standing water everywhere
even with winter rules it was tough... the ball didnt roll at all with full shots so you had to figure distance by carry only
i hit alot of quality shots but just misjudged distances
it was amazing that i only lost 1 ball today with all the water that wasnt supposed to be on the course

I shoveled 18 today. The front walk and stairs went pretty well. The driveway was a bit of a struggle. Hit a few hazards but was able to get up and down and save driveway from the ice.

hehehe good one, Sean

Great day today out in port st. lucie. Played the pete dye course called the Dye and shot 74. I dunno if this site is lucky but something happened to me tday that has happened in a while. par 4 number 15 plays 376 from the back and I hit a great drive and it ended up on the path whih is considered a waste bunker. had about 130 to the pin and I hit pw perfect and dunked it for eagle to get even with the guy I was betting with. No divot just hit bottom of the pin and dropped in. The group in front of me went wild!

Great day today out in port st. lucie. Played the pete dye course called the Dye and shot 74. I dunno if this site is lucky but something happened to me tday that has happened in a while. par 4 number 15 plays 376 from the back and I hit a great drive and it ended up on the path whih is considered a waste bunker. had about 130 to the pin and I hit pw perfect and dunked it for eagle to get even with the guy I was betting with. No divot just hit bottom of the pin and dropped in. The group in front of me went wild!

Nice shot dude!

47/45/49
i was hitting teh ball great but when i got into trouble i couldnt get out
had a couple of snap hooks which is strange since i never hit those
putting is killing me... shoulda had a few birdies but they didnt wanna drop

shot the back 9 today, shot a 57 finished up about a half hour before the storm rolled in

45/44/44
at least i was consistently bad
played army golf... left right left right
still no birdies this year
i really need to work on my wedge game something bad... just skulling the crap out of every wedge
tee shots - c+
approach shots - d-
pitching/chipping - f-
putting - b-

Shoveled another 18 today. Much easier course. It was light and fluffy. Whereas before it was wet and heavy. Scored much better today. :)

Shoveled a light snow here today too...cart paths were trickier than the course itself. I'll be glad when the snow is gone and the warmth returns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back