The Sandwich Thread

I swear to God, Mexican cooks could turn a bag of dirt and seeds into something delicious. Why the hell are they so good with food? Not even Tony Bourdain can figure it out.

Kevin

Luckily you don't have to be able to figure out how they do it to be able to enjoy it

Luckily you don't have to be able to figure out how they do it to be able to enjoy it

I know, right? Man the world would absolutely suck without Mexican food. I would stab somebody for a good Chile Relleno.

Kevin

nice breezy! Did you consume the whole thing? I'm a flat bread Subway man myself.

I did consume the whole thing which might explain my pants being tighter than I remember them being. I enjoy the flat bread as well, but the honey oat is my go to move.

I know, right? Man the world would absolutely suck without Mexican food. I would stab somebody for a good Chile Relleno.

Kevin

My wife is from Spain but she makes a mean rellano

My wife is from Spain but she makes a mean rellano

Crap, I talked to my buddy, but forgot to ask him about Tapas in Denver. I need to tie a string around my finger. Hold on to her. Does she paella?

Kevin

Crap, I talked to my buddy, but forgot to ask him about Tapas in Denver. I need to tie a string around my finger. Hold on to her. Does she paella?

Kevin

Yeah she does, she's from the North, Galicia and makes the most spectacular Paella. She makes it for me on my birthday and on our anniversary.

Haha I love sandwiches! Best ones were when I was in Paris...simple ham and cheese sandwiches but whatever that mustard that they put on them was it was amazing.

Club is one of my favs but when my wife is gone and I do not feel like cooking I have a dorito sandwhich. Bread, american cheese, miracle whip and cool ranch silly's. It is bad ass...

Tomorrow I hope to either to make a spectacular sandwich, or go to Hot Doug's in Chicago for lunch. The sandwich I have in mind may change the way people think about sandwiches. I'm thinking it may foster world peace.

Kevin

Tomorrow I hope to either to make a spectacular sandwich, or go to Hot Doug's in Chicago for lunch. The sandwich I have in mind may change the way people think about sandwiches. I'm thinking it may foster world peace.

Kevin

Thats one hell of a sandwich. I will also try and make an epic sandwich tomorrow and we shall have a sandwich off.

Thats one hell of a sandwich. I will also try and make an epic sandwich tomorrow and we shall have a sandwich off.

Just spoke to my cooking buddy. He's bringing his daughters over, They're best friends with Grace, and he and I are going to make a sandwich for the ages. Maybe two types of groundbreaking sandwiches.

I'm so hungry now.

I did have a sick Cubano at a local tapas place. That was my first experiance and it was amazing. But seriously, the Dorito sandwhich is sick.

I did have a sick Cubano at a local tapas place. That was my first experiance and it was amazing. But seriously, the Dorito sandwhich is sick.

What was on that Cubano sandwich?

Kevin

What was on that Cubano sandwich?

Kevin

Ham, Pork, Pickles, mustard maybe something else but thats what I remember. It was fantastic, I could pwne one at least twice a week.

I went out to lunch with my boss and yep you guess it, took a pic of my sandwich for the thread. He looked at me kinda strange but I told him it was for THP and he just smiled...LOL It would of been up earlier but I can't figure out how to send up pics via taptalk. So I give you french dip sandwich and fries...

IMAG0054.jpg

Ham, Pork, Pickles, mustard maybe something else but thats what I remember. It was fantastic, I could pwne one at least twice a week.

Ding ding...it has swiss cheese and is placed in a hot press. So good

Sounds like a media noche. Was the bread sweet or normal white Cuban bread?

--
tapatalk

Ding ding...it has swiss cheese and is placed in a hot press. So good

Yes, Swiss cheese. I think it was pressed. It was a flat type of bread.

Sounds like a media noche. Was the bread sweet or normal white Cuban bread?

--
tapatalk

I really do not remember but but I do not think it was sweet. The ingredients from the sandwhich pwned my tastebuds, I would guess it was as good as strange?

4ac609ad-5e24-6b4f.jpg

Italian BMT on herb and cheese with Swiss.

I'm always amazed at the quality difference between subway in the us and Canada. Canada is way better.

Italian BMT on herb and cheese with Swiss.

I'm always amazed at the quality difference between subway in the us and Canada. Canada is way better.

Never ate at one in Canada, but the ones around here are not too impressive. Bread is often poorly cooked and they are skimpy on the toppings unless you get on them.

Kevin

You said "foster". What a great word.

Yes, Swiss cheese. I think it was pressed. It was a flat type of bread.

I really do not remember but but I do not think it was sweet. The ingredients from the sandwhich pwned my tastebuds, I would guess it was as good as strange?

Yep that's the regular Cuban. Try a midnight sandwich next time you get a chance, your tastebuds will orgasm.

Back