THP Exclusive - PUMA Purchases Rife Putters?

I don't think spending millions of dollars on a putter company just so you can keep paying a guy money is a good business practice. I tihnk Puma is just wanting to be a true major player as an OEM, that means quality equipment in every field, Woods (check), Irons (check), wedges (not yet), putter (now check). Rife has a good following, good putter line, good technology, and since they only sell putters; not too bad of a price. I bet we see a wedge line in the next few years too. It's more a fortification of what cobra's weaknesses were, that being limits on quality equipment b/c of vokey and cameron. My 2 cents atleast.

I think this is another good pickup. right now they do not have a putter line so RIFE will be a good adition

I think this is another good pickup. right now they do not have a putter line so RIFE will be a good adition

And Rife makes good putters. This is an under the radar brand that can benefit more golfers.

Angry twitter battle over this one. rawr.

can we do one thing and take the E out of acquiring?

I like the move for Puma/Cobra golf... but I think they need to pick up a few staffers... they lost a couple of big names recently...

That's my line of thinking dude. Puma/Cobra seems to be hemoraging staffers, perhaps this helps stop the bleeding? I don't know, but it's what I think.

I think you will see some additions to the cobra staff very soon and it will be announced at the PGA Show. I got a direct message from Cobra on facebook confirming this.

I think it is a great move for Puma to add Rife to their company line. It can only grow the company in a very good way and I hope this includes adding other components like wedges etc. in the near future.

I think you will see some additions to the cobra staff very soon and it will be announced at the PGA Show. I got a direct message from Cobra on facebook confirming this.

I think it is a great move for Puma to add Rife to their company line. It can only grow the company in a very good way and I hope this includes adding other components like wedges etc. in the near future.

Does that mean big names or minor leaguers? Your last picks of Sim and/or Adams dont seem to be making a move.

I am predicting a Rife in your bag soon too, now that it is an official snake, I cannot imagine you not at least having one.

I am predicting a Rife in your bag soon too, now that it is an official snake, I cannot imagine you not at least having one.

Nothing done yet if you check out the home page article.

Does that mean big names or minor leaguers? Your last picks of Sim and/or Adams dont seem to be making a move.

Let's just say up & coming staffers for the moment. :golf2:

I think this could be a very good pick up for Puma.

I agree. I thought maybe they would go after Yes but now that they have landed, this could be good for both parties.

Let's just say up & coming staffers for the moment. :golf2:

According to TM, just today, Blake Adams is still under staff.

Hmmmmm I still like my SeeMore putter although lately our greens have been too quick for the milled face (IMO). I also have a Odyssey putter(White Hot Mini Marksman) which seems to work better on the faster greens, at least for me. I had a Rife Island series putter recently that I could not adjust to, however this does not imply a different model Rife would not be suited for my bag.

According to TM, just today, Blake Adams is still under staff.

I concur. Blake will not be making any brand changes and is not on the proposed acquisition list for Cobra/Puma staff.

I concur. Blake will not be making any brand changes and he is not on the proposed acquisition list for Cobra/Puma staff.

Im confused. I thought you said 2 weeks ago that your guy at Cobra said Blake Adams and Michael Sim were two guys on their list. Were they not? Or did that change?

Does Ole Gray have some inside knowledge that THP isn't privy to? C'mon Ole Gray, you know who it is, spill the beans. Manuel Villegas shouldn't count either, lol.

Im confused. I thought you said 2 weeks ago that your guy at Cobra said Blake Adams and Michael Sim were two guys on their list. Were they not? Or did that change?

It was a speculation and not a fact . In all honesty it was an inaccurate assumption on my behalf and more of a wish list if you will. Cobra is being very tight lipped on who they are going to announce and they are certainly not going to disclose that info to myself. In fact there are people working for Cobra who are not up to par on who is being considered. Top Secret stuff.

It was a speculation and not a fact . In all honesty it was an inaccurate assumption on my behalf and more of a wish list if you will. Cobra is being very tight lipped on who they are going to announce and they are certainly not going to disclose that info to myself. In fact there are people working for Cobra who are not up to par on who is being considered. Top Secret stuff.

If they are announcing it in a week, it certainly cannot be consideration at this point. It has to be done. I would really like to see them bring in some young guns as well. They need a bigger stable for sure.

If they are announcing it in a week, it certainly cannot be consideration at this point. It has to be done. I would really like to see them bring in some young guns as well. They need a bigger stable for sure.

yep +1000. But who, is the big :confused2:????

yep +1000. But who is the big :confused2:????

No idea and this late in the game could not even speculate. Who is out there without a contract right now or an expiring contract?

No kidding. Unless theyre just announcing a Poulter contract extension lol
No idea and this late in the game could not even speculate. Who is out there without a contract right now or an expiring contract?

I guess my question is that is there anybody even remotely close to the level of Villegas and Holmes combined? Not in my opinion right now from a week to week standpoint. So the next spot is filling an actual tour staff and I would like to see them do this very soon.

I guess my question is that is there anybody even remotely close to the level of Villegas and Holmes combined? Not in my opinion right now from a week to week standpoint. So the next spot is filling an actual tour staff and I would like to see them do this very soon.

Ha! When you put it that way I think they're kinda screwed. Ole Gray just needs to change his allegiances.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

Ha! When you put it that way I think they're kinda screwed. Ole Gray just needs to change his allegiances.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

Nah, if he does that, he might beat me....I kid I kid....

The only person I know of is Rocco, but he is on TV commercials saying the only sponsor he needs is Dick's. lol

This is going to come out as a wood/bag/hat deal or something legit stupid like that

After seeing this thread I decided to contact two of my Puma contacts here in Canada. One gentleman is away til Feb. 1st(interesting) for the other person this was the first he's heard of this. God I love this stuff.

Back