Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting in the vet waiting room while Tracy is in the "patient" room with the Jack Russell. She's got an infected anal gland. Lol. It's not funny. She's going to be very grumpy when they get done with her. Anyway people and their dogs can very strange. Makes me feel uncomfortable the way they act lol

OEM Kevin

Ahhh, the expressing of the anal gland. We have only had to deal with it once so far, with Bandit, but it if ever happens with any other dogs, it's definitely a job for the vet! (We didn't do it the first time, either!). Not a chore I would want to do EVER.

Ahhh, the expressing of the anal gland. We have only had to deal with it once so far, with Bandit, but it if ever happens with any other dogs, it's definitely a job for the vet! (We didn't do it the first time, either!). Not a chore I would want to do EVER.

I always wondered why dogs would "scoot" their butt on the floor. Now I know. Better take them in for a visit. Yeah it's a gross thing I wouldnt want to do it either.

OEM Kevin

I always wondered why dogs would "scoot" their butt on the floor. Now I know. Better take them in for a visit. Yeah it's a gross thing I wouldnt want to do it either.

OEM Kevin

Ya, never ever would I do that.

I wish I could quit school and do it man, I really do.

Transfer schools, I can tell you that Uvic is one of the best schools in the country and I loved it there. 3-1 women to men ratio also doesn't hurt.

We were just informed we will be taking ANOTHER mandatory pay cut of 20%! On top of the 15% paycut we took in Sept. this means I have taken a 35% paycut in the last 6 mnths. I can't afford this. Unemployment in the state of CT is 60% of your salary. At this point I'm almost better of getting fired...

We were just informed we will be taking ANOTHER mandatory pay cut of 20%! On top of the 15% paycut we took in Sept. this means I have taken a 35% paycut in the last 6 mnths. I can't afford this. Unemployment in the state of CT is 60% of your salary. At this point I'm almost better of getting fired...

ouch! sorry to hear that Mary. I was just informed that we'll be taking a furlough for Period 1. That means a week off with no pay!

*looks at heading to THP HQ at some point for some golf*

That sucks Mary. Unless you can reduce your work efficency and effort by 35% you may have to take advantage of the system

Sorry to hear that, Mary.

That sucks Mary. Unless you can reduce your work efficency and effort by 35% you may have to take advantage of the system

Of course management asked that we maintain giving 110% effort as we've been doing. I am doing some soul searching right now about this. My work ethic is so strong it doesn't sit well with me to not give 100% but if I'm not getting compensated... I'm also going to begin in earnest a job search

That is terrible Mary! Gray and I both took 40% pay cuts when we retired but at least we didn't have to work anymore and got 60% of our pay. It's tough taking a big pay cut like that. We know! I can't say that I blame you for seeking employment elsewhere. You wanna move south anyway! This sounds like good time to start heading this way.

I am so sorry! Maybe this is a sign that it's time to make that move South that you have wanted to do and find employment elsewhere. With your drive, personality, perseverance and skills I am confident you will find something better!

Ouch! Sorry to hear this MC. I had this same exact thing happen at my last job. What started as a good paying job ended up being almost less then the job I left to take that one. And I lost benefits and paid vacation to take it. Good luck.

Ouch!!! sorry to hear that Mary!! Maybe now is the time to start sending out feelers for a new job.

Dang Mary, sorry to hear that. Sounds like the company needs to change a few things before they loose a good employee.

Edit: I just got an email that sounds like I'll be having to take some fulough time. A Colorado Representative introduced a bill that would require all federal employees not working in the areas of defense, public health, homeland security, or law enforcement to take two weeks of mandatory unpaid leave in 2012.

Ouch! Sorry to hear this MC. I had this same exact thing happen at my last job. What started as a good paying job ended up being almost less then the job I left to take that one. And I lost benefits and paid vacation to take it. Good luck.

Yup, I took a paycut to come to this job because of the promise of being made a partner at a storied and high profile firm in my industry.

So when I add the 10% of that on top of this plus the fact I live in Fairfield County, CT (only Orange County, CA is more expensive) I'm screwed.

It's not right Mary two huge pay cuts like that.

Perhaps this will be an opportunity for you to move south and find something better? Not to mention getting out of this hideous weather we've been having in New England this winter.

I hope it all works out for the best. :)

Very sorry to hear this Mary, I know how hard this can make things as everything else goes up in price. With the slowed down economy, my payday has shrunk considerably over the past two years at the same time as gas, utilities and food has gone up. We moved here to build something big and feel like we've been slapped in the face.

Good luck to you, hope a new opportunity show's itsself.

sorry to hear this Mary! Well, you would have been better off getting fired last september...now your just gonna get 60% of the salary that has already been dwindled by 35%

Sorry to hear this, Mary. Maybe this will be that one thing that will make you go in a direction you've always wanted to go. It's always good to reassess every once in a while and this could be that opportunity. Life + lemons = lemonade.

Don't worry dirt, the first one died in committee.

Hang in there miss Mary!

Dang Mary, sorry to hear that. Sounds like the company needs to change a few things before they loose a good employee.

Edit: I just got an email that sounds like I'll be having to take some fulough time. A Colorado Representative introduced a bill that would require all federal employees not working in the areas of defense, public health, homeland security, or law enforcement to take two weeks of mandatory unpaid leave in 2012.

Here's one for you:

I absolutely HATE FB fan pages for golf manufacturers. I actually like the updates and pictures they post, but I want to beat 90% of the people who post comments. Most seem like smart mouthed youngsters that need a good whooping. Example: Nike posts pics of the new Method Core putters and all you see are morons saying "Scotty's are better". Ugh.

What I'd like to do is get one of those oversized foam hands, fill it with rocks and run around the earth and start smacking fools.

Truth is I hate FB altogether and only keep my account for family pics and for a few old friends that I lost contact with. It's a wasteland of stupidity and attention ho'ing.

Dude. This is way we're homies.

Here's one for you:

I absolutely HATE FB fan pages for golf manufacturers. I actually like the updates and pictures they post, but I want to beat 90% of the people who post comments. Most seem like smart mouthed youngsters that need a good whooping. Example: Nike posts pics of the new Method Core putters and all you see are morons saying "Scotty's are better". Ugh.

What I'd like to do is get one of those oversized foam hands, fill it with rocks and run around the earth and start smacking fools.

Truth is I hate FB altogether and only keep my account for family pics and for a few old friends that I lost contact with. It's a wasteland of stupidity and attention ho'ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back