Whats the "right" thing to do?

Youre really bringing that up? Come on man.
That someone is suggesting they might sell something they won but can't use so they could buy something they can actually use and everyone seems to be ok with that.

I won mine on Facebook. I privately sold it and never talked about it on the forum because I thought it was in bad taste to do so since I wasn't going to keep it. I didn't feel bad at all about selling it since I used every bit of the money to buy something I wanted from the same company.

If you can't hit it, sell it! If you are replacing it with something Taylormade that works better for you, then that should take the guilt away. Trust me, I've been there and done that exact thing recently but didn't feel bad because I used the money to buy from the same company.

Me , I would keep it , as I never win anything , as I won the Mizzy JPX 800's from THP on New Years Eve , and the thought of selling , trading , or otherwise had never crossed my mind , even though I just bought a new set of irons a few months ago , I will rotate playing these clubs this season .
Plus , this allows me to have another set on hand for friends to hit to see if they are interested in something they would never have even looked at when they are in the market for new clubs .
Its how I got an older guy to buy some hybrids after he hit my V3's so well .

Sell it. This driver will have plenty of reviews. Buy what you want. It was your win. I am just happy a THPer won it!

Do whatever you want. If you can sell it and get something you need/want, go for it. You are under no obligation to keep something just because you won it from a contest. You are under no obligation to provide your thoughts or reviews. Thanking those involved is a polite gesture and the only 'right' thing to do. After that it is yours to do with what you wish. My guess is that if you didn't say anything about your intentions there would only be a handful of people who even knew you had it. I doubt anyone would have ever asked you about it.

I look at this thread one way and maybe I am wrong, but I dont see it that way. You have very few thoughts of giving it away or donating it as you mentioned. It is about getting validation from others that if you sell it (in the THP marketplace no less), will others look down at you or think poorly of you. This is not about what is right or wrong, but about people being okay with your choice.

This. This entire thread is really strange.

Not sure were to posts this, but thought it might fit here.

Most of you know I recently won an R11 driver thanks to a contest TaylorMade had on there facebook page.

Here is the question..
If I just simply cant hit it or its not any better than what my R9 driver, what do I do?

I feel bad if I sale it, probably get $320-$360 out of it if I did though.
Here is the catch. If I did sell it, 90% if not all of that money would go right back into TaylorMade equipment. Buying a SF 3w, possibly a SF driver and a few other things. So I honestly think it would be ok if I did since I will be buying there equipment with the money from it.

Just curious what others thought about this?

Wow man congrats, first i've heard about this. Im jealous. I'm always taking donations.

Sell it man you won it, it's yours. Get some more TM to support!!

EDIT: This brings up a good discussion if selling things you won is in bad taste. To be honest, Call me wrong but I wouldn't have a problem if I randomly entered a contest from a big company and didn't need it and sold it because the relationship between me and that company isn't personal. However, If I ever won something on THP I just couldn't hit or didn't have a use for I wouldn't sell it. Mainly because of the fact that all of us know JB and GG are doing this from their heart and are people just like us not a huge corporation and we all have some sort of ties to them. That is why I don't enter every contest I see on this website, I enter contests for things I need.

Last edited:
This. This entire thread is really strange.

I agree. Bridges, you are under no "moral" obligation to do anything. Sell it, trade it, I don't see why anyone would look down upon you - especially for a decision that doesn't involve them.

Wow, this thread went boom. Sorry.

This isn't about someone here looking down on me, not that at all. So please don't put words into my mouth. Just simply wanted suggestions.

I don't have any thoughts about not being able to hit, not sure were that came from but I really don't.

I might sell it and if I do it will be on here and cheaper than in stores to help out a forum member, I might keep it, I might give it to a buddy or to someone on here. I really have no clue what I'm going to do.

Thank you to those who gave me some suggestions, appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT: This brings up a good discussion if selling things you won is in bad taste. To be honest, Call me wrong but I wouldn't have a problem if I randomly entered a contest from a big company and didn't need it and sold it because the relationship between me and that company isn't personal. However, If I ever won something on THP I just couldn't hit or didn't have a use for I wouldn't sell it. Mainly because of the fact that all of us know JB and GG are doing this from their heart and are people just like us not a huge corporation and we all have some sort of ties to them. That is why I don't enter every contest I see on this website, I enter contests for things I need.

THIS is what it's all about. Great post, Dent.

Wow man congrats, first i've heard about this. Im jealous. I'm always taking donations.

Sell it man you won it, it's yours. Get some more TM to support!!

Well said.. rep added!!

WTH, I guess I don't understand why this is even being brought up? If you won it, then it's yours. If you can use it then great, if not sell it, but I kind of doubt the company want's to hear anything more than how excited you are about getting it. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Winning something on THP is, like Dent pointed out, a bit different simply because of our relationship to each other, Josh and Morgan. I've won things that I sent on to other THP members because I couldn't use it, but why advertise it? Call me confused.

WTH, I guess I don't understand why this is even being brought up? If you won it, then it's yours. If you can use it then great, if not sell it, but I kind of doubt the company want's to hear anything more than how excited you are about getting it. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Winning something on THP is, like Dent pointed out, a bit different simply because of our relationship to each other, Josh and Morgan. I've won things that I sent on to other THP members because I couldn't use it, but why advertise it? Call me confused.

Read JB's post...it will make sense.

Why enter a contest if there is no interest in the product ?

great post Dent...rep added for that.

Read JB's post...it will make sense.

Dude that's not it at all. Not sure why I'm getting accused of that?

Spray- I never said I did not have Interest in it, were did that come? Im probably the biggest TM fanboy here.

Due- Sorry. And no I would
not sell something if I won it on THP.

Honestly just wanted some suggestions on ideas what to do. It was nothing more than that. I did not have my mind up or the thought that I can't hit it has never even crossed my mind. Did not think this would happen. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No prob Bridges, just trying to see it in perspective. THP does a lot for it's members and we all get excited at all the new equipment coming down the pike. Hope it turns out to be just what you need after all.

Bridges , I was not trying to ruffle any feathers , it was just a general thought of mine to anyone entering any contest , its why I did not quote or post to any one person in general .

Dude that's not it at all. Not sure why I'm getting accused of that?

You're really only being accused of being human so don't worry about it. :smile:

JB even said that it's how he sees it and he maybe wrong.

Why enter a contest if there is no interest in the product ?

Sometime a contest is giving different things away everyday for several days and you have no control over which of those items you win. Would that be a reason?

Sometime a contest is giving different things away everyday for several days and you have no control over which of those items you win. Would that be a reason?

Time to drop it, please!

Ok , thanks for that bit of info :D Then true you do not have control over your prize choice , then give it away :D

I think all bridges was doing was asking our opinion of what to do, and in my opinion if I won something not on this site and didn't like it, I would sell it. If I won something here and didn't like it, I would pay it forward without hesitation.

I think part of the confusion here is people telling him not to take the plastic off because he could get more for it, but bridges never brought that part up. He felt he needed to give a review to us THP members, which he really doesn't need to, but he could still, even if he doesn't like it. As has been mentioned, a review saying why you don't like it (if that turned out to be the case) is just as good as telling us how wonderful it is. Probably even better, since there are many "good" reviews out there.

I'm not sure how this thread blew up like this, as he didn't bring up not even hitting it, everyone else did.

I think he'd have been better served to not have brought it up, since the contest had nothing to do with THP, and he didn't directly keep anyone here from winning it. But he asked "If I just simply cant hit it or its not any better than what my R9 driver, what do I do?"

We gave many suggestions, and I think this thread has about run its course.

Ok , thanks for that bit of info :D Then true you do not have control over your prize choice , then give it away :D

Please help this incident die by just letting it go, please. He's been told again to drop it, it will help if others do too.

I agree smalls,

Bridges: Like others have said it's completely outside of THP and what you do with it has no influence on your standing here. There is no way any of us are going to look down upon you for selling it because in the first place 99% of the people here would and it's not in bad taste either.

Back