Calling all Club Fitters!!! Miyazaki or Blur 004

phonzy

Reaction score
Handicap
Calling all Club fitters....

Quick question, what's your opnion/or recommend putting the Blur 004 in the TM Supertri head.

The TM head is a high spin head

Would the blur 004 make a good combo.

One more question is torque an important factor. A 6.5 vs a 5.0. What does that mean and if the shaft is tip does that change the torque

Was looking to install a Miyazaki C-Kua 39 in the an S3 head..... Mid Trajectory / Light Weight / Torque is 6.4

Which is a better combo!!!!

Looking for a light weight shafts / Smooth tip...

Any recommendations will be appreciated

There is so much info that is needed to make a fitting reference.
I am a huge fan of the Miyazaki shafts for what they stand for, their makeup and where they are headed. Nothing against the Blur 004, because it is a fine shaft, but I did not think it compared for my game.
However all the ingredients and shaft make up in the world wont matter if a shaft does not fit your swing.

I recommend listening to a couple THP Radio shows with a true expert in the shaft world. One of the true Miyazaki experts.

Here is show #1 on the Miyazaki line and general shaft questions answered.
http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=8731

Here is show #2 talking about the C. Kua line and answering forum member questions.
http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=9834

Torque ratings don't really compare from Manufacturer to Manufacturer, they all test them differently and there really is no "base-line" for their tests. I've seen firm tips torque-out at 3.2 and soft tips come out at almost 4. So a Mfg can inflate this number as most people who don't do the research won't know the difference.

If you're a 36 handicap I wouldn't bother wasting time and $ on the driver shafts just yet. Focus on staying in the fairway or 2 putting. Once the long games starts to be your main weakness then get fitted. As some of the members have stated, getting fitted is worth it versus just putting a different shaft in due to "specs"

If you're a 36 handicap I wouldn't bother wasting time and $ on the driver shafts just yet. Focus on staying in the fairway or 2 putting. Once the long games starts to be your main weakness then get fitted. As some of the members have stated, getting fitted is worth it versus just putting a different shaft in due to "specs"

The 36 handicap is the default for a THP profile. Since the OP is new, it might not be accurate in their profile yet.

Back