SkyCaddie Booth PGA Show 2011

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
1171361170_n4Mmx-L-1.jpg

1171361050_xGEuc-L-1.jpg

Sky Caddie really has some stiff competition breathing down their neck with all these GPS devices people are producing now, it'll be interesting to follow what they do to answer the competition.

All the competitors in the GPS market is going to be good for the consumer. Sky Caddie has their work cut out for them to try and get more market share

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

I am loving my SGX so far. Can't wait till they get those little discs to stick on your clubs.

What little discs? Sounds interesting

They are little RFID tags that you put in the end of the grip. The Skycaddie can read what club you are swinging and eventually give you averages of all your clubs. Also will tell you when you left a club on the last hole which sadly I can use.

Cool!!! I would buy that for sure

Maybe all of the competition will make Sky Caddie rethink the annual subscription fee. That fee was instrumental in my changing over to a laser rangefinder. I had it long enough to buy a second unit with the money spent on annual fees. Many of the other units have no annual fees for their course downloads.

I used one of these forever when they first came out, but have since switched to another company. I do like a lot of the stuff they are coming out with lately, but it would take a LOT to make me reconsider what I am using now.

They are little RFID tags that you put in the end of the grip. The Skycaddie can read what club you are swinging and eventually give you averages of all your clubs. Also will tell you when you left a club on the last hole which sadly I can use.

Might be waiting a while for those smart tags. Rumor has it SC promised more than they could deliver and they could lose the USGA and R&A approval for use if the device displays yardages for each club..

I have heard that as well JN. I have to be honest I would be pretty peeved if they didn't deliver on that as it was promised before the product came out. Still a great GPS though.

I have heard that as well JN. I have to be honest I would be pretty peeved if they didn't deliver on that as it was promised before the product came out. Still a great GPS though.

Yeah, i was lucky not to have a unit that had all the software issues at release, but a lot of people did. The whole release was a little shady they were taking fully paid pre-orders for two months before and devices got delivered. There is no way they weren't aware of the software problems. I think they figured lets get some money in pocket and we'll address the software problems later. They made their customers their beta testers (alpha testers maybe) Then the temp cart mounts weren't ready for several months after release etc.... Great product horrible company if you know what i mean...

I know exactly what you mean. I was also lucky to not get the software issues. I did have the bad port cover though and they took care of that quickly. Seems like they do like to count money before delivering the product they promised though. I don't normally join in any sort of bashing of companies but I will be vocal if they don't deliver on the promises of the smart club tech. It was one of the reasons I purchased it.

I love my SGX it is money and the graphics are outstanding. However the latest software is a little different they screen can switch between horizontal or vertical depending on the position of the GPS it's a slow transition and will some times get stuck hopefully the next software update will fix the problem. Just my 2 cents

I personally think all of these companies, SkyCaddie included, need to stop the yearly fees. One time up front fee for all courses. Some companies have figured this out, but not SkyCaddie.

I personally think all of these companies, SkyCaddie included, need to stop the yearly fees. One time up front fee for all courses. Some companies have figured this out, but not SkyCaddie.

As I stated above, I used SkyCaddie for about 5 years, but now I use a rangefinder. I never had any real problems with SC I just hated that I paid for the unit twice with the yearly fees. They must be aware of the number of people leaving them, they can't hook new customers forever as people leaving will let others know why they leave.

They first have to get their customer service fixed. I bought an SG5 and had nothing but problems with it. I purchased a competitors model for $100 less and was trated like Trump!!! Go figure

The individual club yardages sounds really cool, but like you guys said USGA might not let it fly and I need this mainly for tournaments. So I'm not sure if I'd buy this and go away from my Bushnell simply because I'd have to be able to use it in tournaments. Although it is a very cool idea with the clubs.

Back