Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

What's your opinion of the M1? What distance increase are you seeing over the M2?

Have not tried it yet to see. Hope to very soon. Thought I would last week, but not yet.

Have not tried it yet to see. Hope to very soon. Thought I would last week, but not yet.

Looking forward to your opinion JB.......I'm curious to see if it could be a possible 3W replacement club.

Well the Mashies were in at golftown today and I had to hit them. They only had M3's and M4's for lefties so I'm still glad I ordered mine from Blind9Golf but they were awesome. They were as easy to hit as all the testers have said, the Miyazaki shaft was the truth and the distance I was seeing was fantastic. Wow!

Love it CB! What did you think of the feel and sound?????

Well the Mashies were in at golftown today and I had to hit them. They only had M3's and M4's for lefties so I'm still glad I ordered mine from Blind9Golf but they were awesome. They were as easy to hit as all the testers have said, the Miyazaki shaft was the truth and the distance I was seeing was fantastic. Wow!

Oh my, the time is so close I can taste it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it CB! What did you think of the feel and sound?????

The feel of the shaft was awesome, I finally know what people are talking about with these Miyazaki shafts. The sound took a little bit of time to get used because I have been playing my hybrid for so long and I was inside a simulator, but once I got used to it I really like it. The retro look on the crown is very different and at first I found myself looking at it as I was swinging (lol) but after a few swings you don't even notice it anymore. I normally carry my 3 hybrid 190, and the mashie flying about the same distance according to the launch monitor but it was much easier to hit. I can't wait until I can get one of these outside for real.

cool says "bye bye" Burner ...... HELLO Mashie!

Glad you got the chance to demo it buddy. It's legit. It comes with a killer shaft, it's easy to hit. I don't see anything being remotely close to it in the hybrid department this year.

First time caller, long time listener... I’ve been following the mashie review thread from the start and I’m grateful for all the fantastic insight and information everyone has passed on about this highly anticipated club. I called my local retailer today asking for an approximate date on when the mashie will be released in my home town of Melbourne, Australia. The guy I spoke to told me that he had just received a call from the Cleveland rep saying the the release of the 2011 range was being put back from the 15th of Feb to the 25th of Feb to coincide with a world wide launch. Has anyone else heard of any information like this or have I been given a bump steer? I have also arranged a time on Friday to have a club fitting session with the mashie, I’m hoping to grab a 3 and possibly 4 to compliment my new cg7's but at this stage I'm still not sure on what shaft I should be swinging. I'm super excited, after reading the previous 93 pages I can’t wait to finally hit with a mashie. Thank you to everyone that has been part of the mashie testing process, I have found all the information and opinions in the thread to be an extremely informative and interesting read.

First time caller, long time listener... I’ve been following the mashie review thread from the start and I’m grateful for all the fantastic insight and information everyone has passed on about this highly anticipated club. I called my local retailer today asking for an approximate date on when the mashie will be released in my home town of Melbourne, Australia. The guy I spoke to told me that he had just received a call from the Cleveland rep saying the the release of the 2011 range was being put back from the 15th of Feb to the 25th of Feb to coincide with a world wide launch. Has anyone else heard of any information like this or have I been given a bump steer? I have also arranged a time on Friday to have a club fitting session with the mashie, I’m hoping to grab a 3 and possibly 4 to compliment my new cg7's but at this stage I'm still not sure on what shaft I should be swinging. I'm super excited, after reading the previous 93 pages I can’t wait to finally hit with a mashie. Thank you to everyone that has been part of the mashie testing process, I have found all the information and opinions in the thread to be an extremely informative and interesting read.

I know the excitement and anticipation you are feeling and describing. At the fall outing last year, the Mashie made its debut so everyone in attendance was able to put some swings on it and the reactions and results were phenomenal. I didn't have the chance to hit one on the day yet I was witnessing first hand just how good it is. So I cetainly understand what you're talking about.

I don't know when the release date is and I can't say what shaft you should be swinging but I wanted to say thanks for the post and welcome to THP.

I love Melbourne, one of my favourite cities in world. I'm a huge Footscray fan (well, I followed them hardcore from 99' - 04'), I love the MCG.

Welcome to THP. That is a killer handicap

I know weather is not good in a lot of places, but are our testers still testing this club? Lets see some updates guys!

I know weather is not good in a lot of places, but are our testers still testing this club? Lets see some updates guys!

Yes, I am still testing this club JB.

Yeah! I need more incentive and spurring to fuel my lust for this magical club.

In a few weeks I think this thread is going to be shaking with quite a few more testers. I'm looking forward to hearing Bridges say he has worked out the kinks!!

Yeah! I need more incentive and spurring to fuel my lust for this magical club.

How about the fact that you currently don't have a hybrid and this is literally the best hybrid I've ever had the pleasure of hitting? It's stupid easy to hit, it sounds unique, it looks unique, and oh yeah! It comes with a legitimate shaft in it. What other incentive does one need at this point?

Put the Mashie in the bag, then take something else to make way for another, trust me. I'm fully considering taking a 3wood out of my bag for 2011 and putting the M2 in its place. They are long, they are accurate, and they are easy to hit off the tee or off the deck.

I will be heading out today either for range time or course time. Also going to be pairing the Mashie with a B330-RX Yellow, Im really pumped about that one. The last round I had was Friday (9 holes) and I thought I had updated it! I only did on the Thursday round. I apologize for that.

The Friday round was an executive course. I used it off the tee exclusively. There were 3 par 4's and I par'd two of them with a bogie on the other (bad putting). I was in the fairway and just loving the club. Approach shots are much easier when all you are having to thnk about is hitting the middle of the green. The Par 4's were pretty short (340 ish, 285ish and 300 ish haha). But having just a wedge into the greens is a huge advantage. Takes the guesswork but not fun out of golf for me.

Each time I'm out with it, it's just more and more my go to club. I'm really leaning towards the 15* as opposed to replacing my 4i/5i. Some of the longer par 4's would be where I would use it the most. I don't always tee off with the driver and the extra length of the M1 over the M3 would help with course management.

If I cant get out today for whatever reason I will definitely be out in the next day or two. I was supposed to have jury duty but I was released lol. Which ruined my day golfing plans.

How about the fact that you currently don't have a hybrid and this is literally the best hybrid I've ever had the pleasure of hitting? It's stupid easy to hit, it sounds unique, it looks unique, and oh yeah! It comes with a legitimate shaft in it. What other incentive does one need at this point?

Put the Mashie in the bag, then take something else to make way for another, trust me. I'm fully considering taking a 3wood out of my bag for 2011 and putting the M2 in its place. They are long, they are accurate, and they are easy to hit off the tee or off the deck.

Haha I was being facetious, this club is destined to join my line up in June/July depending on weather, and on how soon i can get back to what I deem an acceptable swing so I can figure out if I need the 59 or the 83

Yes, I am still testing this club JB.

I am as well.
We have been above 45* 2 times in the last week and half and on one of those days there was snow all over the ground, the other is today which the wind is blowing 22 mph at the moment. Now we have another winter storm coming into tonight. Not sure whats up with the weather, but its not cooperating to well.

Sorry for the lack of updating in the last week and half, will be out there as soon as we get some decent weather.

IMO the best I've hit. I right there with you TC. I don't think I've ever been this confident in my long game before. It even goes to my 3w and long irons. In the past if those weren't working I could pretty count myself out for the round. It just adds a whole new element to my game so I can now focus on other areas, specifically scoring.

Haha I was being facetious, this club is destined to join my line up in June/July depending on weather, and on how soon i can get back to what I deem an acceptable swing so I can figure out if I need the 59 or the 83

I hear ya, and I know you were kidding. Still, I meant what I said. I've tended to prefer heavier shafts in the past but the 59 is very, very capable and very, very stout. How are you going to figure out which one works better for you?

I hear ya, and I know you were kidding. Still, I meant what I said. I've tended to prefer heavier shafts in the past but the 59 is very, very capable and very, very stout. How are you going to figure out which one works better for you?

Well, based on my short experience with my brother's irons which have much lighter shafts than my irons - I tend to lose their heads in my swing.
I know people say that it's very easy to adapt, but I kind of want a consistent feel across my bag. If I swing heavy irons, I don't really think it might be a good idea to have to have a different swing from iron to hybrid to driver [I think I'd regard my driver as being a bit heavy as well].

Rat,

I really like heavier shafts and relied on them quite a bit but I'm finding this 59 is more than enough :) It's making me think lighter in a lot of other areas as well.

Not directed at you at all but I think a lot of people confuse light with whippy. When in fact this shaft isn't close to being whippy at all. I find I know where the club is more throughout my swing and I'm more conscious of what I'm doing at all times with the lighter shaft.

Rat,

I really like heavier shafts and relied on them quite a bit but I'm finding this 59 is more than enough :) It's making me think lighter in a lot of other areas as well.

Not directed at you at all but I think a lot of people confuse light with whippy. When in fact this shaft isn't close to being whippy at all. I find I know where the club is more throughout my swing and I'm more conscious of what I'm doing at all times with the lighter shaft.

I'm not too worried about it being whippy - my swing speed borders around 5 inches an hour [kidding, i have no idea what it is, that's on the docket of things to check], so I was thinking that I'll lose the head in my ripper of a swing.

Lol. I know what you mean though. It may turn out the the 59 may not be the shaft for you. I actually find it easier to keep track of the clubhead throughout my swing with the lighter shaft. I had a tendancy to go hard at my swing and I have found no issues with the lighter shaft. Once you are able to get on a monitor or outdoors I'm sure you're gonna find the right combo. It's truly an amazing club.

I'm not too worried about it being whippy - my swing speed borders around 5 inches an hour [kidding, i have no idea what it is, that's on the docket of things to check], so I was thinking that I'll lose the head in my ripper of a swing.

I think the weather is going to get worse later this week in the Carolinas! Calling for snow on Thursday. I hope to get to the range tomorrow the first time in a week. Last week it seemed to rain everyday I had open. My wife was even out of town with the kid. Stupid rain. I plan on playing this weekend for sure and I will let you know how the Mashie does during my round.

Let's us know if anybody has any questions about the Mashie and we will try an answer them asap.

Back