Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

Any time works for us for the start time of the meet and greet. We are arriving Wednesday so we'll be long settled and ready to go! Think we might hit up iBar early so we can see everyone as they arrive.

Nice 9iron, starting real early.

Alright everybody everything is set for second round Saturday:

ok everyone ...here we go.

Format will be a captains choice/scramble- so, everyone will hit a drive, you pick the best drive, everyone plays from that ball, and you continue this process til the ball is in the hole. I hope this makes sense!

There will be a $10 entry fee, but do not look at it as an entry fee, this fee will get you 2 mulligans to use anywhere throughout the round. so, your team will have a total of 8 mulligans which means we should see some low scores. Mulligans can be used on putts.

with the $10 entry fee that means there is $360 to split. Here is how it will be split.

1st place- $40 (*or 8 drinks in the ibar)
2nd place- $30 (*or 6 drinks in the ibar)
3rd place- $20 (*or 4 drinks in the ibar)

*assuming it is buy 1 get 1 free

Please let me know if anyone is not ok with a $10 entry fee, I do not want to put anyone in a bad spot.

Ok, now to the part I am sure you all have been waiting for....teams...this part was difficult but I got it to as close of hdcps as possible. Every teams total hdcp averages 60-65 (this was not easy to get to). There is one team that I will call out to add some pressure to their performance and that is the team of, SethO, Ddec, P4bdad, and Hanks because their hdcp came to a wopping 46 total. so, they better perform!!!! No pressure fellas!

Team 1 = TC, CoolBreez,Pirate, WR
Team 2 = Rbelbin,Gray,Chunyloversfriend,Adamsgirl
Team 3 = G4L, DMB, True Temper, Clamfist
Team 4 = Biggsy, UncleDaddy,OEMKevin, Spank2
Team 5 = Dakota,Bulldog,SWFLA, CG-13
Team 6 = DrTeeth, Mrblind9, RxGus, 9Iron
Team 7 = Thainer, Chunkylover, KellyBo, SMG
Team 8 = P4B, OneT, Yoccos, Spank
Team 9 = Ddec, P4Bdad, Setho, Hanks

the team to beat is in bold! hehehe

I think you just might have to re-figure that HC with me replacing Setho!

9pm lol

Was just under 16 this summer but I haven't played much since August due to work. I will be working 6/10's right till the first of May but can hit the driving range every week and play on Sundays. I'll have to get to work knocking the ol' rust off! It just officially hit me, I'M GOING TO THE OUTING!!!!!!!!!

Was just under 16 this summer but I haven't played much since August due to work. I will be working 6/10's right till the first of May but can hit the driving range every week and play on Sundays. I'll have to get to work knocking the ol' rust off! It just officially hit me, I'M GOING TO THE OUTING!!!!!!!!!

Yes, now your getting me all pumped up again. Time to look at more pics of the golf course.

KellyBo and I will be leaving Georgia early Thursday morning so we will be in WPB around 04:00 p.m. or so...... Check in and slip down to the I-Bar to see who's lurking around.

I'm gonna head that way around 4am Thursday and should hit WPB around 4-5. I'm gonna need a drink or 3 after that drive! I looked and din't see the pairings so I'm guessing they haven't been set yet?

I'm gonna head that way around 4am Thursday and should hit WPB around 4-5. I'm gonna need a drink or 3 after that drive! I looked and din't see the pairings so I'm guessing they haven't been set yet?

They have indeed but there is a seperate thread for that.

The Mrs. and I are getting in pretty early on Thursday and we are thinking of trying to get a round in on Thursday afternoon. Anyone else planning to play on Thursday before hitting up the iBar? We will probably play after lunch...maybe 1pm if we can swing that.

Awesome, thanks for the thread! I can't wait to meet you guys and gals! As for the dinner, is this pimp suit dress or golf shirt and kackies?

Awesome, thanks for the thread! I can't wait to meet you guys and gals! As for the dinner, is this pimp suit dress or golf shirt and kackies?

Sounds to me like the type of dress where you break out your ascot.

We dont set a dress code, we just ask people to dress appropriately for a banquet dinner. For some that means pants and golf shirt, for others that means jeans and dress shirt. There are a lot of pictures of the dinner in the picture thread from last year. I wore jeans, a Hugo Boss polo shirt and a Theory sport jacket. This year, I think I am going a different route. Its nice to see THP'ers put on their style for a great night of dinner and drinks.

Watch your language this is a family forum! LOL! Don't know about the ascot but I can break out the three piece zoot!

Sorry for the silly questions: im sure these are simple and im going to feel stupid when i find out the answer lol but ill throw it out there...

So i was getting all excited thinking about the outing today and I downloaded the PGA National yardage book. Never used one in real life - so can someone explain the two numbers i circled.

The 268 is to the "back cut" of the tournament tee box. So if i were playing Blues - i would just subtract 20 yards to get the right distance. Since Blacks are 365 and blues are 345.

In the red circle - there is a 100 and an 85. Im guessing the big black bold 85 is to the center of the green, what does the 100 denote?

The trees and sprinkler heads are pretty obvious - what about the horizontal lines in front of the water - sand bunker?

And on the green - those blocks of grey lines really sharp together - that a big breaker?

Spoiler
952d4aa48ac95f9ae38a1c3c_l.jpg

Spoiler
PGAnatchamp1.jpg

thanks for the help!

Sorry for the silly questions: im sure these are simple and im going to feel stupid when i find out the answer lol but ill throw it out there...

So i was getting all excited thinking about the outing today and I downloaded the PGA National yardage book. Never used one in real life - so can someone explain the two numbers i circled.

The 268 is to the "back cut" of the tournament tee box. So if i were playing Blues - i would just subtract 20 yards to get the right distance. Since Blacks are 365 and blues are 345.

In the red circle - there is a 100 and an 85. Im guessing the big black bold 85 is to the center of the green, what does the 100 denote?

The trees and sprinkler heads are pretty obvious - what about the horizontal lines in front of the water - sand bunker?

And on the green - those blocks of grey lines really sharp together - that a big breaker?

Spoiler
952d4aa48ac95f9ae38a1c3c_l.jpg

Spoiler
PGAnatchamp1.jpg

thanks for the help!

The yardages are front, middle, back.
The line is the distance from the back of the back tee. Aka, how far you drove it.

In your example it's a 268 yard drive leaving 85 to the middle and 100 to the back

Tapatalk- USGA non-conforming

Ahhh of course! Makes perfect sense! :banghead:

With all this talk about the ibar or whatever it is called. How did you guys manage to get up for your tee times or show up for the first half off demo day? What is the legal drinking age in Florida? 16, right?

With all this talk about the ibar or whatever it is called. How did you guys manage to get up for your tee times or show up for the first half off demo day? What is the legal drinking age in Florida? 16, right?

Legal drinking age in the us is 21. Some places will turn a blind eye to those over 18, but I highly doubt PGA national is one of them.

Lots of Motrin, coffee, and Florida sunshine.

First thing - I love your avy

2nd - I am lucky to have a great lady who not only lets me in the room at 330 after some sleepwalking and elevator rides, but she also makes sure I wake up in plenty of time to tee off

First thing - I love your avy

2nd - I am lucky to have a great lady who not only lets me in the room at 330 after some sleepwalking and elevator rides, but she also makes sure I wake up in plenty of time to tee off

Translated - A bucket of cold water at 5:30 because of all the noise he made two hours earlier when he finally got back to the room. :D

Translated - A bucket of cold water at 5:30 because of all the noise he made two hours earlier when he finally got back to the room. :D

so true

Back