GPS vs Range Finder

This is why I just bought the Bushnell Hybrid Rangefinder, best of both worlds.

I am jealous of you. I want that rangefinder.

Tapatalkin

I am jealous of you. I want that rangefinder.

Tapatalkin
I never thought I would ever have one DMB but Dr Teeth found us some at $300!!! At that price I had to buy it.

This is why I just bought the Bushnell Hybrid Rangefinder, best of both worlds.

I too am envious, that was a great buy. I use a Leupold GX-1 and am very happy with it, I have had it for 2 years and it is a solid unit. I do have SkyDroid on my phone and it gives me a very good GPS unit to compliment the GX-1. Not quite as convienient as the Bushnell Hybrid, but I do have less money in my set up.

I too am envious, that was a great buy. I use a Leupold GX-1 and am very happy with it, I have had it for 2 years and it is a solid unit. I do have SkyDroid on my phone and it gives me a very good GPS unit to compliment the GX-1. Not quite as convienient as the Bushnell Hybrid, but I do have less money in my set up.
Nice man, you could easily have a cheaper laser with a separate GPS for less than $500, but not for less than $300.

I never thought I would ever have one DMB but Dr Teeth found us some at $300!!! At that price I had to buy it.

What! That is a crazy price. I am extremely jealous now. Haha

Tapatalkin

I've heard the hybrid is not that good... Too bulky and sometimes gives inaccurate results. It is basically the neo attached to a Tour V2 rangefinder right?

I've heard the hybrid is not that good... Too bulky and sometimes gives inaccurate results. It is basically the neo attached to a Tour V2 rangefinder right?
I wouldn't have a problem buying anything Bushnell puts out. Good, reputable company that makes incredible products. I'm still waiting for something to happen to my 10-year old Yardage Pro so I can justify buying something else!

I have a Leupold and I love it so far. I like how easy it is to use. The only thing i would like to have a GPS for is to see around corners on doglegs. But i am very happy so far.

I picked up a hybrid for a great price also and I couldn't be happier. extremely way to use and the gps is great on it. It is less bulky than I expected as well.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Nice man, you could easily have a cheaper laser with a separate GPS for less than $500, but not for less than $300.

I caught the GX-1 on sale for $220 a couple of years ago and paid $3.95 for SkyDroid, of course I paid a lot more for the Samsung Infuse, but I was buying it anyway. :D

I caught the GX-1 on sale for $220 a couple of years ago and paid $3.95 for SkyDroid, of course I paid a lot more for the Samsung Infuse, but I was buying it anyway. :D
Awesome deal, I don't like having the GPS on my phone, I'm not sure why I just don't. The carts at my home course have built in GPS but since its cart path only right now that doesn't help you one bit.

Used my uncles Bushnell rangefinder for a few rounds over the weekend. I decided to test it out and not load the gps on my phone to see how I liked it. I loved using it, and was able to get the distances to whatever I needed without problems.

Definitley want to grab a rangefinder now, and think the Bushnell with Slope is the way I want to go. Would probably still use the gps on the phone at times, but liked how simple it was to grab the bushnell, shoot the target and get the distance.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Used my uncles Bushnell rangefinder for a few rounds over the weekend. I decided to test it out and not load the gps on my phone to see how I liked it. I loved using it, and was able to get the distances to whatever I needed without problems.

Definitley want to grab a rangefinder now, and think the Bushnell with Slope is the way I want to go. Would probably still use the gps on the phone at times, but liked how simple it was to grab the bushnell, shoot the target and get the distance.

Great to hear War Eagle, did you use one with slope? I'm not sure I would like it, and if you can't turn it off then you can't post scores towards your HC.

Don't forget that slope is not legal for tournaments or posting scores for handicap. That is quite a sacrifice IMO.

Check out Leupold GX-4... it can be a no-slope mode or a slope mode w/ club selector and tons of cool stuff.

Great to hear War Eagle, did you use one with slope? I'm not sure I would like it, and if you can't turn it off then you can't post scores towards your HC.

The one I was using did not have slope, just the pinseeker, which was helpful. Also, didn't realize that the slope edition was not allowed when submitting scores. Not a big loss for ne as most courses here are relatively flat. Plus the one without slope is cheaper.

Don't forget that slope is not legal for tournaments or posting scores for handicap. That is quite a sacrifice IMO.

Thanks for that bit if info DD, wasn't aware.

But you can turn off the slope feature on the V2. So it might be nice to use for one round so you know how many clubs you need to adjust for in future rounds, right? Plus you have it for when you play somewhere new and don't want to use it for a handicap round.

When the caddies walk the course to get yardages, do they use the slope version or the non-slope version? I hadn't thought about this before until all this slope talk got started recently!

When the caddies walk the course to get yardages, do they use the slope version or the non-slope version? I hadn't thought about this before until all this slope talk got started recently!

Good question. I would say they take both but I'm not certain.

I would doubt they use the slope feature but thats just a guess on my part. I think they take straight line yardages to everything and then talk the rest out between the caddie and player.

From what I have heard they use the slope version when mapping a course.

I used my rangefinder for the first time yesterday and enjoyed it. I found out the marking on the course were way off in some circumstances and that helped me in my club selection. Sometimes it took me a couple of tries to hit the target just right in order to get a reading but then I just pressed the button again and all was good.

But you can turn off the slope feature on the V2. So it might be nice to use for one round so you know how many clubs you need to adjust for in future rounds, right? Plus you have it for when you play somewhere new and don't want to use it for a handicap round.
From my understanding, you can turn the Slope feature off on the V2. However, even with it turned off, it is still not permissible in a round which you count toward your handicap. With that said, I just cant see myself spending an extra $100 for the Slope feature when I know it cant be used.

I do have experience with rangefinders as I have a Bushnell V2. I like it because you can use it anytime anywhere. No slope of course as they are illegal in tournament play. I have GPS on my Android but my battery life is el stinko. So I haven't had a chance to use it. I can't remember what App it is.

Alex

Back