The Good, The Bad, The Ugly News

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
On the bright side: I now have all the time in the world to play as much golf as I want, on the down side: as soon as I'm out of balls and tee's I'm done, lol. I lost my job today. Been doing this since 1986 and can't really remimber how to do anything else, but guess it's time to learn.

I can't completely say I didn't see it coming, this company has done it to other veteran supervisors, it makes sense from their perspective in this economy. They told me as the highest paid supervisor they have and the farthest away from corporate, they can get rid of my salary (and me) and cover my stores through several lower paid people who have to drive a bit further. Its win win because as minor partners we paid our own vehicle/gas bills.

It sucks at this point, I've never really been out of work and NO idea where to go from here. Back to the bright side, I belong to two clubs and am paid up for the year, but sounds like most of my time will be spent job hunting. :banghead:

Man, I'm sorry to hear that duey! If those stores were in Canada I would boycott them now, well enjoy what golf you can and good luck in the upcoming job search.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck on the job search!

Very sorry to hear it, Duey. I don't doubt that you will find something even better soon. You're a good guy and good things will happen for you.

Bummer. I got layed off a year ago with pretty much the same attitude. Was kind of excited to play some more golf but stressed out as well. Hang in there.

Duey I'm so sorry to hear this man! Good luck to you, and if you search brings you to Denver make sure you hit me up!

Duey, truly sorry to hear that buddy. I've got faith you'll persevere and land on your feet in the end though.

Due, I am sooo sorry to hear this. I like how your looking on the bright side of things. Good luck

Keep your head up man. People with strong work ethics will find a job but for now, play some golf and enjoy it. Golf is about the only thing that has helped me through some tough times this year, well a good bit of beer too.

Due I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you are able to find something relatively soon.

Duey, this sucks!!! I am so sorry to hear this happend to you. Best of luck finding a new opportunity.

Damn Duey, sorry to hear about that. It really sucks, hell I thought you owned the franchises you worked for this whole time. You should buy a new bigger and better burger joint and open them up right across from your old place and run them out of town!

That sucks Duey. Happens to a lot of people these days. I ended up doing something I had never considered doing before and am loving it.

That sucks Duey. Happens to a lot of people these days. I ended up doing something I had never considered doing before and am loving it.

Hope you find what you want to do soon.

Sorry to hear that. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason so just keep your chin up and keep moving forward.

Thanks guys, chin's up just gotta figure out a direction. I welded up until 86, maybe I could do that again, haha

Damn Duey, sorry to hear about that. It really sucks, hell I thought you owned the franchises you worked for this whole time. You should buy a new bigger and better burger joint and open them up right across from your old place and run them out of town!

haha, nope I was just the small fry. Pockets are not deep enough to start my own or I'd jump on that idea.

Wow, that stinks big time Duey. Maybe something positive will come from it even though I'm sure it doesn't feel that way right now. Best wishes to you!

Sorry to hear that man! Relax, play some golf, and then find something even better!!

Sent from my Tapatalk!

Sorry to hear the news Duey, my best wishes go your way

Sorry to hear this Due. You're a great.guy and.good things will comeyour way.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I'm very sorry to hear this! I know it is in the back of all of our minds that it could be any of us next. My job is pretty solid, but you never know these days. I'm wishing you the best of luck in finding something quickly.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that duey! If those stores were in Canada I would boycott them now, well enjoy what golf you can and good luck in the upcoming job search.

Yes, boycott them, so they have even lower returns and will then need to lay off other good people.

On a brighter note, take some time off, recharge the batteries. Without knowing what you did for a living, there are jobs out there. You already sound like you're taking yourself out of the race before you've even started. You can at least get unemployment in the interim, and go from there.

sorry to hear your bad luck dude. keep your head up and things will come around

That bites due, hang in there, I hope you find a new gig soon!

Sorry to hear this. They did you a favor, you'll find something better.

Minor bump in the road, you'll be fine.

Back