Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

I will keep that in mind. I went in for a driver fitting and the process was a complete joke. After that, I just decided to buy something to hold me over until Demo Day so hit this on the LM against the G20, TM SF 2.0, Adams F11, and a few others and this was consistently a tad longer with better dispersion.

Thats great then, if it was giving you better distance and dispersion it sounds like its gonna work good for ya.

I've only had my 910 D2 with the RIP 60 for a few days now and still learning it. But I'm loving this driver so far. Was extremely concerned about the RIP shaft being too stiff for me but not at all. My question is more based on the fitting chart.

I spoke to Cathi from Titleist and explained to her I was in the C2 position. She advised me even though I was on the left hand side of the chart that I had an open face. I thought that the left side of the chart is draw bias. Is it because of the lie angle despite having an open face why they are saying it is draw bias? I'm just really having a hard time understanding the way the chart is presented.

I'm trying to find the best setting for me.. I'm still struggling with over spin with my setup. I've tried 9.5 and lower with no success in improving my landing angle. I'm hitting 245-260 with no roll out. I can literally see where my ball landed and bounced back. Tomorrow I am going to my favorite range and start messing with tee height and ball position to see if I can get a better angle of attack to lower that spin.

I can not get over what this driver has done for my confidence. My scores are still fluctuating between 104 and 94. Eh' it's golf I guess. What it has done is give me the confidence to go after the ball. I'm hitting further and straighter than I ever have. I can only imagine what is going to happen when I get that ball flight down and get some roll out. 10 extra yards of roll out would be oh so sweet.

Any help on understanding the chart would be awesome.

Thanks

I've only had my 910 D2 with the RIP 60 for a few days now and still learning it. But I'm loving this driver so far. Was extremely concerned about the RIP shaft being too stiff for me but not at all. My question is more based on the fitting chart.

I spoke to Cathi from Titleist and explained to her I was in the C2 position. She advised me even though I was on the left hand side of the chart that I had an open face. I thought that the left side of the chart is draw bias. Is it because of the lie angle despite having an open face why they are saying it is draw bias? I'm just really having a hard time understanding the way the chart is presented.

I'm trying to find the best setting for me.. I'm still struggling with over spin with my setup. I've tried 9.5 and lower with no success in improving my landing angle. I'm hitting 245-260 with no roll out. I can literally see where my ball landed and bounced back. Tomorrow I am going to my favorite range and start messing with tee height and ball position to see if I can get a better angle of attack to lower that spin.

I can not get over what this driver has done for my confidence. My scores are still fluctuating between 104 and 94. Eh' it's golf I guess. What it has done is give me the confidence to go after the ball. I'm hitting further and straighter than I ever have. I can only imagine what is going to happen when I get that ball flight down and get some roll out. 10 extra yards of roll out would be oh so sweet.

Thanks

I hope it works for ya FP! I have five rounds in the 70's this month since hooking up with this driver so it's working for me....

Thanks

Yes its draw bias from the lie angle being upright in that setting, anything in the 3 and 4 (ie: C3, B4, A4, A3 etc) is closed not open, anything in the 1 and 2 is open, the lowest row goes D2 C2 D1 C1 and thats 1.5* open, one row up is A2 B2 A1 B1 and that is 0.5* open, next up is D3 C3 D4 C4 and thats 0.5* closed, and the last row which is the top is 1-1.5* closed. hope that helps

That does help. It does bother me that it isn't as independent as described by Titleist. I would like to be at the lowest possible loft for the 9.5 driver and slight closed face. It doesn't seem I can get a closed face unless I jack my loft up which is not what I want to do with my high ball flight. I do not get much slice with this driver but would prefer more of a draw flight path. I'll take any help I can get.

That does help. It does bother me that it isn't as independent as described by Titleist. I would like to be at the lowest possible loft for the 9.5 driver and slight closed face. It doesn't seem I can get a closed face unless I jack my loft up which is not what I want to do with my high ball flight. I do not get much slice with this driver but would prefer more of a draw flight path. I'll take any help I can get.

if you want lower loft and draw you dont need a closed face, just put it in D2 and you will be drawing the ball with ease, should be anyway lol. The upright lie angle really counter acts the open face IMO, i have messed with the settings a TON and i do nothing but hit huge nast hooks in D2. Give that a shot and let me know how it works for ya

Thanks man. Will try that tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes. I think I had similar issues as you did in that setting. C2 will probably be where I end up at.

Well I am going to settle with either D1 or C1. I actually accidentally put it on C1 last night before going to the range this morning. Didn't think I'd enjoy or swing a club with an open face but it feels so natural at setup. Gonna work on it the next few weeks. I'm off for like 12 days after Sunday so we will see. C1 may be my new setup if I continue to hit it well at that setting. Thanks for your input.

Danny

I am playing this driver right now. Let me tell you it feels great and is probably the easiest driver to work and shape the ball, but man is this thing SHORT! I get no distance with this driver what so ever.

Really? I'm really hitting it long compared to any driver I've owned. And I've owned quite a few in my short 3 years. I am loving the RIP 60 Stiff. I have it set to the most open position and surprised no slice. The 45" shaft gives me confidence to swing hard and make good contact. I've never been able to hit consistently passed the 250 marker on the fly. Now I am And starting to get good roll out with messing with tee height and ball position. I'm sticking with this driver for a few years. I would change my equipment too much. I think I have a setup of good stuff to really start working on my consistency.

I want to buy a 910. Anyone selling one? :)

Thats the shaft i play in mine but nobody is getting it from me, you will have to pry it from my hands lol. As soon as the Boccieri Secret Grips are available im gonna throw one on the D2 and see how it goes, that backweighting stuff interest me allot

Thats the shaft i play in mine but nobody is getting it from me, you will have to pry it from my hands lol. As soon as the Boccieri Secret Grips are available im gonna throw one on the D2 and see how it goes, that backweighting stuff interest me allot

What's that all about? I saw in my golf works catalog a pro grip weight system. Not sure if it's similar. These went in the butt end then tightened with an Allen key or some tool. Used to adjust the swing weight.

What's that all about? I saw in my golf works catalog a pro grip weight system. Not sure if it's similar. These went in the butt end then tightened with an Allen key or some tool. Used to adjust the swing weight.

ya its the same concept, backweighting, but these are just grips, no installing anything in the shaft etc. There is a great review that was just posted by Dr.Teeth, you should check it out, its on the first page of this forum(clubs,balls,accessories)

Love these drivers.. Now I have to decide between the D2 and the D3. I'm going out and hitting them today so let's hope I can make my decision..

Love these drivers.. Now I have to decide between the D2 and the D3. I'm going out and hitting them today so let's hope I can make my decision..

well as it says D2 with Kai'Li 83x in your sig im guessing thats a lie lol. Personally i like the D2 just for the added forgiveness, its still very easy to hit a draw or fade with it, with your handicap though you might prefer the D3, good luck as they are great drivers with the correct shaft for your game

I LOVE my 910 D2 Driver!!!!!

I LOVE my 910 D2 Driver!!!!!

me and you both OG! I wish this darn customer would hurry up and get here so i can load him up and get out of here so i can maybe hit the range and pound this badboy along with the Boccieri Heavy Wood, they are having a highschool golf tourny today so i cant unless i get there before 5!

This driver does nothing for me. Funny how that works sometimes. I think OG likes it b/c it use to be affiliated with Cobra :D

This driver does nothing for me. Funny how that works sometimes. I think OG likes it b/c it use to be affiliated with Cobra :D

I have never had a Cobra driver that treated me this well. Titliest & Cobra were like maybe under the same umbrella but totally different personalities. This driver has me shooting some record low amount of 70 rounds in one month (August - 5 rounds). It starts off the tee and confidence is the key!

I have never had a Cobra driver that treated me this well. Titliest & Cobra were like maybe under the same umbrella but totally different personalities. This driver has me shooting some record low amount of 70 rounds in one month (August - 5 rounds). It starts off the tee and confidence is the key!

Are you hooking the ball buddy? I'll be keen to hear how it performs at Butternut and Old Union. That will be the proof for me.

Are you hooking the ball buddy? I'll be keen to hear how it performs at Butternut and Old Union. That will be the proof for me.

OG told me the D2 has all but almost cured his hook, that says something right there

Back