What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, 2014 is underway and I didn't get it going very well. Double bogie on the first hole of the year and 47 on the first nine of the year. On the bright side, it has to get better from there! Actually, it was a good day to play, I just didn't play very well. 87 (47, 40)

OK, 2014 is underway and I didn't get it going very well. Double bogie on the first hole of the year and 47 on the first nine of the year. On the bright side, it has to get better from there! Actually, it was a good day to play, I just didn't play very well. 87 (47, 40)

Got the double out of your system...nice back 9

Hosted ATLGolfer at my home course today. We had a great round together and our match ended up all square (I got 3 strokes based on our hdcps). I shot a 39/45 for an 84. Played one tee further back than usual to be from the same tees as Seth. I played much better than the score showed though. Had two blow up holes that pushed the number higher. 11/14 FWY, 4/18 GIR's, 29 putts, 5 sands shots, 2 penalty strokes. 11 pars, 5 bogies, 1 triple and 1 quad.

I shot an 86 from the forward tees using irons only. It could have been a lot better, I simply ran out of steam on the back 9 because I was stupid and didn't eat anything before heading out to the course. It could have easily been a 79 round if I could have held it together, but I had a blast. Taking the irritation of the worst part of my game out of the picture by grounding the driver and fairway woods made today a very enjoyable day, even with the nutrition problem. I realized that I have the iron game, now I just need to get the driver and wedges working a bit better. The wedges should be an easy fix, but the driver has been my Achilles heel forever.

40-46/86

7/14 FW
6/18 GIR
35 putts

New to me course with very challenging greens. J40 irons were solid but a few hybrids got wayward on me. Made a good number of putts within 12 feet with the PCB after running first past well past, was putting aggressively not leaving anything short.

Driver was so-so along with pitching. Work to be done.

Hosted ATLGolfer at my home course today. We had a great round together and our match ended up all square (I got 3 strokes based on our hdcps). I shot a 39/45 for an 84. Played one tee further back than usual to be from the same tees as Seth. I played much better than the score showed though. Had two blow up holes that pushed the number higher. 11/14 FWY, 4/18 GIR's, 29 putts, 5 sands shots, 2 penalty strokes. 11 pars, 5 bogies, 1 triple and 1 quad.

It was fun to play. You did play a lot better than your score. The SLDR really suits your game.

I ended up with a 79 (39-40). I played pretty well, but I threw away some shots, especially towards the end of the round. Two doubles, a three-putt and some missed putts that probably should have been made.

The tee game was good. I had one bad tee shot that ended up in a hazard, but I hit a lot of fairways. Irons were so-so. Several good shots, but a lot of thin shots, especially with lower irons, ended up with poor results. However, I did hit a couple really nice knockdown shots, which I had been practicing.

Always fun to play with THPers, and it was great to discuss the Grandaddy and the King with Barry while we played. Pretty good start to the 2014 year.

Last edited:
URG! putter problems.... shot 81 with 6 GIRS, 4 FIRS, 5 up/downs, and 32 putts with 3 3-jacks. LOVING this driver, but my scotty isn't being too nice.

First round of the new year. Same Par 30, 9 hole course as yesterday. Improved 2 strokes to 31.

Played 27 today with my dad. First time ever playing more than 18. We played back-to-back-to-back with a very short clubhouse break after 18 (for a hotdog lol)

I shot a 42/39/45
I definitely got fatigued during the last 9, but it was still a blast.

On another note, I hit a 316 yd drive in this cold weather. I hit the 2 longest drives I've ever hit today. Awesome way to start 2014

I shot a 38-44 today, game just fell apart on the back nine, so disappointing. Cant complain though about getting out and having a hit with my dad, uncle and mate again.

Shot a 42/42 that should have been closer to 40/40, but I put myself into some tough situations that led 2 a few holes with big numbers.

Brutal round today, +12 82. The wind was gusting pretty good, probably up to 30 mph at times, and it really messes with my swing tempo/timing. I know it's mental, but I have the hardest time fighting it. I get quick and armsy and start coming over the top and hooking shots into trouble on the left. Had 3 OB/lost balls on the round. I managed to hit a handful of really good shots and had a couple of good up and downs, but my mistakes today were way more costly than normal.

45+45/90 at Ingigo Lakes. 11 fw and 33 putts on a sloppy wet track. Greens were awesome though. Played the blues at 6550 yards and it was not smart as all my approaches were to long.

Oh yes, bermuda grass is the devils weed.

84, had some great drives, good approaches. But I've also funked up some chips an approach and a second shot on a par5.

Doesn't feel great, worst round in weeks!

75 at Mission Viejo CC. Tough course with tough greens that I've never been able to really get a handle on. Easy to get in trouble on this course and take a double bogey here and a double bogey there. Probably the round I am most proud of in the past couple of years.

Shot a 43 over 9 holes, par 36. at St Pierre Old Course until the weather destroyed me, and made the course pretty much unplayable.

The wind is howling outside, hope the track recovers for my round here on Sunday morning, need to play the 18th!

Here's one pic I snapped, my ball is about 8ft from the pin, par 3 163 yards, missed the bird!

e4e2e2y2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A very frustrating 77 (+6). I played ok the front 9 and was +1. The wind got crazy strong during the second 9 and I went downhill fast. Ah well, can't play well all the time.

Shot 36 34 34 last 3 rounds
tap tap taparoo

Shot a very painful 46/46 92 today. The left elbow is absolutely killing me when I have to chip the ball, full swings not so much. And not hitting many greens today left me with some serious pain on a bunch of holes.

41/41=82. 12/14 FWY, 9 GIR 34Putts. Hit the ball well today but Did not putt well at all but I will be working hard on it before next week's tournament

Shot a very disappointing 46/51 for a 97. Was playing very well on the front, keeping the ball in the fairway, playing good bogey golf while the wind played havoc with approach shots. On the back, a relative handful of holes, maybe 3 holes, were just ruinous. Couldn't putt, couldn't get any pitches or chips close. Hate going par-free on a side. Still, I think I've come a long way this year that I'm cursing at a 51 on 9 holes. :)

It is winter in north Georgia! I only walked 9 yesterday when the temps were 24 at the start and only got up to 27 with north winds 12-20 and shot a fat 45. It is nice hitting off frozen fairways but the frozen greens are pretty difficult.

Today was better, it was 26 at the start and 33 degrees by the time we finished 18 with south winds 6-10. The frozen greens on front were tough since our course is not made for a ground game but they thawed some by the back. Par was a good score on most holes today but I made three stupid double bogies (is there any other kind?) with no birdies and managed to shoot an 85. (44, 41)

40-44=84
10/14 FW
7/18 GIR
31 putts (14/17)

1 double on front and then 2 doubles, quad, and 1 birdie on the back. Played really well today, made some clutch putts but missed some makeable birdie putts. One blowup hole on the back really ruined that side, had a hybrid off the tee struck well that caught a limb before drawing back to the FW. Got in a bad position off the bounce and pretty much was forced to try a hero shot or have a guaranteed double at least.

Driverless today and loved it, Adams Super S 17* is staying in the bag!!

40-44=84
10/14 FW
7/18 GIR
31 putts (14/17)

1 double on front and then 2 doubles, quad, and 1 birdie on the back. Played really well today, made some clutch putts but missed some makeable birdie putts. One blowup hole on the back really ruined that side, had a hybrid off the tee struck well that caught a limb before drawing back to the FW. Got in a bad position off the bounce and pretty much was forced to try a hero shot or have a guaranteed double at least.

Driverless today and loved it, Adams Super S 17* is staying in the bag!!
4 wood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back