Driver Fitting Question

cazzara

Reaction score
Handicap
Golftec or Golf Galaxy??

I have ready many threads and posts but want to get the consensus answer?

Those are the only 2 places near Pittsburgh that I can get a fitting. Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks!

GolfTEC and its not close in my opinion.

+3 GolfTEC

anywhere but GOlf Galaxy!

Seeing as there isnt a GolfTec within 3 hours from me whats wrong with golf galaxy?

Seeing as there isnt a GolfTec within 3 hours from me whats wrong with golf galaxy?

If you have a choice...it'd be Golftec. If not, you go with what you got. or if you want some callaways, i'd plan a trip to san diego & go to Callaway in Carlsbad while you're there for a fitting.

Golftec. I will never have another fitting done at Golf Galaxy. Mine was horrible.

neither. find another local smaller shop they will do a better job. Also I recommend finding someplace you can hit outdoors and not into a net. Both my experiences with GolfTEC were not very good.

GolfTec...loved everything about them when I went and had my set analyzed

Here's my review of a recent fitting I had with them...they did not know I was a THP staffer

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=13801

If there was a GolfTec near Green Bay, I would definately check them out. I like Golf Galaxy, but not for a custom fitting.

I went to Golf Galaxy for a driver fitting and thought what he said was good until I went to the range and tried his tips. I then had my free sing analysis at Golf-tec (thru Johnnywalker.com) and the differance is night and day. The pro at Golf-tec was obviosly more knowledgable and with a better facility. After, my lesson with him i tried his tips at the rang eand am now hitting longer and straighter. Fittings, lessons, servicing... I would go Golf-tec for all.

Not to gett off the subjest but has anyone gone to edwin watts to get fittings. I have one close and im about to go and get my irons checked out. I need some fine tuning on my clubs

neither. find another local smaller shop they will do a better job. Also I recommend finding someplace you can hit outdoors and not into a net. Both my experiences with GolfTEC were not very good.

+1 This. I've been to GolfTec and there are certainly many good reasons to go there. However, when hitting new clubs I think it's always better to hit them outdoors if possible. I've also found a higher standard of customer service at the smaller fitting shops. Just my 2¢.

Back