Odyssey Putters 2012

Awesome shout out to Odyssey. After getting my nicked up and scratched MX #7 @ Dicks SG, I called Odyssey and they are sending me a new one, should be here tomorrow.

Wow really? Thats impressive.

Voted #3, 5 & 2. Would love to see Odyssey offer up some more CS putters.

Voted #3, 5 & 2. Would love to see Odyssey offer up some more CS putters.

Bless you sir.

CS putter must take over the world....

Or at least have a solid MX offering, I'd settle for that.

Just re-gripped my #7 with a SS
4b516c5d-f89d-af40.jpg

Pic's not working for me rpr.

Look at my #7 sitting there, being all sexy

2012-06-25_17-05-08_144.jpg

dang tapatalk, screwing up my images all day... Brand new #7 Courtesy of Odyssey with a brand new SS grip.
preview_image_0_17844162x.jpg

Hey .. nice setup RPR :D

got my #8 today. So excited! took some pics but will have to post them when I get back home. Big thanks to Blind9 for helping me get it! Got a few putts in at the office and am super stoked to get out and practice with it!!!

Had my first round with the #7 today and it performed wonderfully, only 1 3 putt, distance control was unbelievable! Alignment was easy, and I can wait to get this even more dialed in. I even made a couple long putts, one was a 25 footer. Coolio!

not a fan of CS putters so 1/6/7 would be my choices. Local shop has new Metal X in package for 110 dollars might have to ho me one of these!

The new Metal-X series is legit! Love the model 7!

After hitting every putter imaginable I kept going back to the MX DART, so I finally made the commitment today. Had it cut down to 33.5" and an oversized grip installed. Can't wait to hit the practice green.
4ce79156-c9bf-6bf1.jpg

After hitting every putter imaginable I kept going back to the MX DART, so I finally made the commitment today. Had it cut down to 33.5" and an oversized grip installed. Can't wait to hit the practice green.
4ce79156-c9bf-6bf1.jpg

Good looking putter!! It was between that one and the #7 for me, and I just seemed better on long putts with the #7...plus it's got the coolest ball scoop ever!!

4ce79156-c9bf-6bf1.jpg

Excellent choice!!

Good looking putter!! It was between that one and the #7 for me, and I just seemed better on long putts with the #7...plus it's got the coolest ball scoop ever!!

To be honest when I set out looking for a new putter, I really thought the #7 would be the one based on the reviews here. I hit them all multiple times and on multiple visits to the store and the DART just fit. My second choice was the Metal X Rossi, but it was still a distant second.

And I agree about the ball scoop:)

played for the first time with the metal X #8. It was a charity tournament and a scramble, but at least I got to putt with it. holy crap I love this thing. It feels amazing, I can actually feel my putts. After some struggles on the practice putting green, I hit some great and clutch putts during the round. I'm really happy with it so far and hope this continues. As jman said, these roll the piss out of the ball. I felt like the ball got rolling so fast and just rolled smoothly. Really gave me some confidence quickly with it.

Man I want my MX #7!! everytime I see somebody posting about a MX putter I think...I can't wait to get my hands on it!

That Dart is sweet looking. I really think that setup makes a lot of sense, just never have had a real chance to roll one on an actual green.

Enjoy it Brandon!

Love reading about these putters. They sure are gorgeous. I'm going to have to stop by my local golf shop and give them some quality time.

I tried hitting them at the PGA Show, but just couldn't get past the red light of death they had shining over the entire putting area.

4ce79156-c9bf-6bf1.jpg

I can all but guarantee you will be more accurate and just a better overall putter with that DART. Great choice. And that table is cool looking.

I hit the MX 2ball again last night, man that thing is sweet. That and the SI3 nickel are at the top of my ponder list

Well I FINALLY got the chance to hit several Metal X putters today. Before today the only one I had seen at a Dicks Sporting Goods was the blade model. My crappy local golf store has a horrible selection and they didn't have any, but when I went out there to the range today I looked and they had the 2-ball, Dart, #7, and #8. I started with the 7 and kinda liked it. It was better than any other insert putter I had ever tried, I must say it is the only insert I have ever liked. The #7 itself I wasn't a huge fan of, it was OK but not great for me. I moved on to the 2 ball, I liked it a little better than the #7. I don't think my alignment was as good as with the #7, but I think I rolled it a little better. I rolled the Dart about the same as the 2-ball, I'd really like to see them release a Backstryke Metal X putter I think it would be great for the line. Finally for the heck of it I tried the #8. Definitely my favorite of the ones I tried. I was honestly surprised I liked it, the look of it isn't really something I would feel confident with, but as I stood there on the tiny little indoor green rolling putts with it I clearly was rolling it better than the other models. It is definitely different than any other putter I have ever gamed before, but the price on these is so good I might consider getting a #8 just to keep as a backup and put in the bag every once in a while. I would definitely like to ask them if I could take it out on a full size green before I purchased it sometime though.

Well I FINALLY got the chance to hit several Metal X putters today. Before today the only one I had seen at a Dicks Sporting Goods was the blade model. My crappy local golf store has a horrible selection and they didn't have any, but when I went out there to the range today I looked and they had the 2-ball, Dart, #7, and #8. I started with the 7 and kinda liked it. It was better than any other insert putter I had ever tried, I must say it is the only insert I have ever liked. The #7 itself I wasn't a huge fan of, it was OK but not great for me. I moved on to the 2 ball, I liked it a little better than the #7. I don't think my alignment was as good as with the #7, but I think I rolled it a little better. I rolled the Dart about the same as the 2-ball, I'd really like to see them release a Backstryke Metal X putter I think it would be great for the line. Finally for the heck of it I tried the #8. Definitely my favorite of the ones I tried. I was honestly surprised I liked it, the look of it isn't really something I would feel confident with, but as I stood there on the tiny little indoor green rolling putts with it I clearly was rolling it better than the other models. It is definitely different than any other putter I have ever gamed before, but the price on these is so good I might consider getting a #8 just to keep as a backup and put in the bag every once in a while. I would definitely like to ask them if I could take it out on a full size green before I purchased it sometime though.

Good points and thoughts dude. I agree with pretty much the entire post. Except my favorite was the number 7 hahaha.

I was all hyped up about the 7, I just couldn't get myself to like it. It wasn't the insert, that's for sure. Just the style, not sure if it has the right balance for me. I rolled the ProType putters again though and I definitely know I made the right decision to go with a ProType for the Morgan Cup. They didn't have the #7 like I ordered, but they had 3 blade styles and each one just felt awesome and I got a great roll. Really excited because it sounds like we might be getting these this week!

Back