DCNatFan

Reaction score
Handicap
My irons need new grips and it got me to thinking about the grips on my other clubs (hybrids, 3w, driver). Do most people replace the grips on all their clubs to match or do they have different grips on the various clubs. Any benefit in having the same on every club.

I have a few different grips for different clubs. My driver and 3 wood are different than my irons. I do like having same grips for my irons as I want that consistent feel with each club. Driver feels different than my irons so like a grip that gives me good control of club which is different than my irons. Doesn't mean you have to do it but if you like a couple different grips definitely works as gives you mental confidence.

At the moment I have 2 types of grips excluding the putter. Nike Tour Velvet on my irons and wedges and the stock Taylormade grips on my Woods

Excluding the putter, all of my clubs have the Golf Pride 2G grips in either red or white. The white grips are on my hybrids which have blue shafts and the contrast looks pretty sharp, all of the others have red.

Since I don't ever get new equipment, and change grips once a year, mine tend to have all the same type. That is just more for ease than anything. I do have a special type that I put on the driver and 3-wood, but everything else is whatever I get at the time. In the past I have had several different types of grips on my clubs for a season to test new things and see what I liked. For me, as long as they are the same installed size, I really don't care. I could have 14 different grips and it wouldn't bother me at all.

All my clubs besides my putter have the same grips. Golf pride tour wrap.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

All my clubs except the putter have the same grips as well, Golf Pride Tour Velvet. I like having the same feel for every club.

My irons need new grips and it got me to thinking about the grips on my other clubs (hybrids, 3w, driver). Do most people replace the grips on all their clubs to match or do they have different grips on the various clubs. Any benefit in having the same on every club.

All of mine match. I want each club to feel the same in my hands.

I have Black Widow half cord on everything except putter and wedges. Pure grips on my wedges cause I think they give better grip without a glove. Probably going to change all my grips out to Pure next time they get changed.

at the moment all my clubs have stock callaway grips on then which are lamkin but i'm changing my 4i to PW to lamkin ndur 3gen blue and white
is.aspx

I like all my irons and wedges to match, but my hybrids and woods are subject to change (depending on the wear of the stock grip). Example - my Adams driver, TM 3w, and Cobra Rail-H 19* both have stock grips but the Cobra 23* has the same grip as my irons, which are the Black Widow grips that were .98c each on Golfsmith recently. Those are great grips by the way!

at the moment all my clubs have stock callaway grips on then which are lamkin but i'm changing my 4i to PW to lamkin ndur 3gen blue and white
is.aspx

That's a good looking grip!

I like all my irons and wedges to match, but my hybrids and woods are subject to change (depending on the wear of the stock grip).

I'm in this camp for now. Visually I'd like them to match but have them in different sizes for the metal woods and wedges... Right now though, my 4-PW match and I'd like to get the same looking ones to replace the stock cleveland/titleist grips on my wedges and metal woods.

All of my clubs have the golf pride vdr grips. great grips if your looking for something

Tap tap taparoo

Woods and hybrids (Winn lite firm) are different than irons and wedges (GP VDR). It's really just personal preference.

I usually have the same type grips on my clubs as I change then out at least twice a year. I play about 150 times a year so I am always trying new grips out. Right now I am using Star Wrap grips for the first time. They seem to wear very well and are fairly tacky too. I have had these grips on for close to six months and it usually would be time to change out but they still look and feel like brand new.

I use all the same grips on all clubs, change them once a year. Currently using Golf Pride Tour Wraps. Those of you that are using the GP VDR's, could you give me your thoughts? Thanks!

I use all the same grips on all clubs, change them once a year. Currently using Golf Pride Tour Wraps. Those of you that are using the GP VDR's, could you give me your thoughts? Thanks!

I love my VDR's to death, I mean it, love. They really are, for me, the best grips I've played for the range of conditions I see. The feel is great and they really hold up well (even the white ones!) for me. I've got Red VDR's on my Hybrids through PW and White VDR's on my Niblick, Sandy, and Lob.

Here's the thread on it. I now swear by them.

I use Golf Pride DD2's on most clubs but I also have some pretty basic GP Victory's on my driver and other woods and I love them too.

I like any grip that allows me to feel the contact as much as possible.

All mine have the same grip except putter but this is the first time ive done that usually just stick with the stock grips

How are anyone's driver grips different? I ask because I have thought that I might like a slightly larger grip on the driver just to keep me from being less handsy and I might be able to grip a bit lighter- This is just a thought and I haven't tried it - my advice when I re-gripped was to keep em all the same - just wondering
Golf pride new decades - Love em!

How are anyone's driver grips different? I ask because I have thought that I might like a slightly larger grip on the driver just to keep me from being less handsy and I might be able to grip a bit lighter- This is just a thought and I haven't tried it - my advice when I re-gripped was to keep em all the same - just wondering
Golf pride new decades - Love em!

My driver grip is different because the only grips I had in my garage when I re-shafted my driver we some ultra-basic GP Victory's.
But they turned out to be really great grips, so I've kept them on my driver and some other woods that I also re-shafted at that same time.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :D

I have gp new decade on my driver and love it. But i have heard some people say they dont like them. Im wondering what other people think of them because im really thinking of putting them on the rest of my clubs

Irons & wedges The same. However wedges are different color.....All woods the same

Back