Sligo quality??????

Bogey317

SeeMore Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
So I purchased my first Sligo shirt two weeks ago to wear on my vacation. I bought it at a Dick's up in Indianapolis. I didn't even get a full round of golf in before I had a popped stitch in the sleeve. I read on here that the quality of Sligo was great. I paid $65 for this shirt, and I am disappointed with the quality. I should of just went and bought two Nike or Adidas shirts on clearance than this? Is this just a fluke, or has anyone seen this before?

Just to be clear, I have over 50 other golf shirts, varying brands, never have had a popped stitch yet.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

i just bought my first 2 Sligo shirts and i think they may be the best shirts i own currently! and i have a ton of shirts

So I purchased my first Sligo shirt two weeks ago to wear on my vacation. I bought it at a Dick's up in Indianapolis. I didn't even get a full round of golf in before I had a popped stitch in the sleeve. I read on here that the quality of Sligo was great. I paid $65 for this shirt, and I am disappointed with the quality. I should of just went and bought two Nike or Adidas shirts on clearance than this? Is this just a fluke, or has anyone seen this before?

Just to be clear, I have over 50 other golf shirts, varying brands, never have had a popped stitch yet.

50???? Wow, man.

50 golf shirts and never a popped stitch is darn impressive. I would go back to Dick's and let them know and they will exchange it I am sure. I really have not had any quality issues with the Sligo gear this year.

50 golf shirts and never a popped stitch is darn impressive. I would go back to Dick's and let them know and they will exchange it I am sure. I really have not had any quality issues with the Sligo gear this year.

I'll try that JB. The only problem is that the only Dick's in my area that sells Sligo is two hours away. I wouldn't be too upset, but it popped over two inches long. I had this big hole in my shirt at a very nice golf club.

Yep, take it back to Dick's and exchange it. I have several shirts and shorts and have not had any issues with any of them.

Just dumb luck for you, but don't give up on the brand.

I'll try that JB. The only problem is that the only Dick's in my area that sells Sligo is two hours away. I wouldn't be too upset, but it popped over two inches long. I had this big hole in my shirt at a very nice golf club.

Unfortunately that is the problem with buying from places not local. I know it stinks, and one of the reasons that I use places like Fairwaystyles.

A lot of companies will go through mail exchange as well. Try emailing Dicks, they may just tell you to mail it in and they'll send back a new one.

Wow, I wear my Sligo stuff to death and I have yet to have a problem with any of them. That sucks man and I imagine that it is a fluke.

Has to be a fluke...I haven't had a problem with Sligo stuff ever

I have 4 or 5 Sligo shirts and haven't had any issues with their quality.

Must be a fluke... I currently have 70 Sligo shirts (some others have come and gone) and haven't had an issue with stitching. I have come across other issues in previous years... but nothing ever related to stictching.

Thanks for the feedback fellas. I think I am going to have my wife fix it. She is a very good seamstress.

Must be a fluke... I currently have 70 Sligo shirts (some others have come and gone) and haven't had an issue with stitching. I have come across other issues in previous years... but nothing ever related to stictching.

Holy expensive shirts Batman! I am very jealous of your collection!

I have a couple, and have had no issues so far

I love my Sligo. Stinks your so far away from Dicks.

I've never heard of a quality issue with Sligo. It happens though and I'm sure you can work out something with Dicks, even if it means mailing the article back to them. They've always been really good with me on returns.

Sligo makes great stuff - shirts, shorts, belts, etc. I like them as they are a little more form-fitting and not the blousy, 1998 Hal Sutton-type shirts that so many manufacturers throw at us nowadays.

Back