Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
I pay for my hobbies with side work; whether it be golf, hunting, wheelin' whatever.

I just noticed that I have enough to pick up a new club this afternoon, but what should I get?

I need:

• 4 Wood
  • 24* Hybrid
  • Putter

I pay for my hobbies with side work; whether it be golf, hunting, wheelin' whatever.

I just noticed that I have enough to pick up a new club this afternoon, but what should I get?

I need:

• 4 Wood
  • 24* Hybrid
  • Putter

I would look at what you are going to get the most use out of, and what is your greatest need. To me a putter is only as good as it's operator, but I bet you want to round out that PING bag, hehe. The 4 wood is a good option for you if you are struggling with the driver, and good to have for shorter par 4's. The hybrid would fill the long iron spot, but I am not a hybrid user so personally I shy away from them. Let us know what u get!!

You had your eye on that Ping Putter, so I would say that one.

Well...

I had the money burning a hole in my pocket, and I spent a couple hours each at 2 different golf stores trying out everything I could lay hands on.

I started with the iWi putter, and it is a smooth operator. Then I tried a Yes! Callie, it feels good. I mistakenly picked up a Yes! Tracy, and it felt amazing. I tried another PING Redwood, a Cleveland (don't know which model), several Odyssey (including the new White Hots), a Never Compromise (which felt like a damn fine putter), a couple of Taylors, a Bettinardi (they're out of my price range, but fun to dream about) and a couple of others.

I came home with the Tracy, and a 24* PING G10 hybrid. I won't say that I can't miss with the new putter, but it sure is a big improvement over the miscellaneous bin putter that I've been using for the last few years. I'm excited about it, and tomorrow morning at 9:15, I'll find out just how much of an improvement it really is (playing Glen Garden)

LOL. You sound like me. I might go into a golf store for one thing but I never leave with just one thing. Just can't contrl myself.

Funny how that works, you go in to buy one thing and walk out with two. Hope they work out, give us the score tomorrow.

Congrats on a great score you made there. Enjoy them.

A little of subject but, I love a comment I heard on the Golf Channel last week. Michael said that most of us buy more putters in a year then we take golf lessons. I think it was something like we buy an average of 4 putters per year and only take 2 golf lessons and probably not one of them is on putting.

Anyway get the hybrid.

Good luck,,gummie.

Sounds like you did well. The G10 hybrids are great. Good luck with the new clubs!

How did this thread come back up? He must have bought those clubs three years ago!

lol?????
If the average person buys 4 putters a year I would be astonished. Maybe 1 a year but 4!

Last edited:
sigh. Yet again, someone else points out that I'm below average.

Putter for sure!!!

Sounds like me at the Golf Mart on President's Day. I went in to see the Mashie, and couldn't talk myself out of walking out of there with one. I got the M4 and so far I love it. Goodbye 4 iron.

How did this thread come back up? He must have bought those clubs three years ago!

It's going on a lot lately cb! Maybe people trying to get to 500 posts for the event?

It's going on a lot lately cb! Maybe people trying to get to 500 posts for the event?

I see that too man. Its funny I saw this pop up and thought who is gummi bear and how old is this thread?

I see that too man. Its funny I saw this pop up and thought who is gummi bear and how old is this thread?

He's one of the originals. Doesn't come around here as much as he used to, which is too bad. Nice guy.

Back