WGC Accenture Match Play Championship [Spoilers]

Well, I'm 8-2 so far. Lefty and Rickie will be a great one to watch so chances are GC won't show it, if todays coverage is anything to go by.

You mean the tournament he shot 75 on Sunday and choked away a lead? Seems to be right in line with what he is doing still.

I meant being in contention for the win, but you had to get another jab in on Tiger. Good job.

Anyways, on to the second round....matches I'm interested in seeing, in no particular order: Mickelson-Fowler, Mahan-Karlsson, Kaymer-Rose, Westwood-Watney, Fisher-McDowell.

Tiger IS BACK....home.

What a great first day though. Tiger did really do his best to throw the game away after Bjorn started wobbling a little, but of course I'm pleased to see another Euro make it through. Really surprised at Poulter giving it up, but you just can't give Cink a chance like he did and get away with it.

How many guys out there had a really bad day? Kaymer could have played every second hole and still halved the game!

There's always upsets in this event. The coverage was terrible. I saw Lee Westwood tweet something along the lines of:

Well, in case you were wondering I won my match 3/2. Thanks Golf Channel.

And before anyone wants to jump on poor old Lee, Paul Azinger was giving the Golf Channel hell yesterday.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

There's always upsets in this event. The coverage was terrible. I saw Lee Westwood tweet something along the lines of:

Well, in case you were wondering I won my match 3/2. Thanks Golf Channel.

And before anyone wants to jump on poor old Lee, Paul Azinger was giving the Golf Channel hell yesterday.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

We got a bit of that over here too. Our commentators were saying 'Although we've seen only one shot, we can confirm that the world number 1 is in fact still on the course'

I'm getting sick of Tiger cam.

Well, it's certainly a catch 22 for the networks I'm sure. It is Tiger Woods, even if it's the Sean O'Hair version of Tiger Woods.

Watching the Golf Channel this morning, these guys are breaking Tiger down!

People should really let the Golf Channel know their coverage just sucks. I did yesterday. "Contact Us" on their website. I ask them if they had any clue who the top golfers in the world were and then answered for them saying NO because they werent showing them on the coverage.

Sometimes I think the GC needs an enema when it comes to their personalities and people making the decisions on who/what to follow (producers, etc)

Hopefully there's no frost this morning...in the desert....and play can start on time for once

People should really let the Golf Channel know their coverage just sucks. I did yesterday. "Contact Us" on their website. I ask them if they had any clue who the top golfers in the world were and then answered for them saying NO because they werent showing them on the coverage.

Well, it's certainly a catch 22 for the networks I'm sure. It is Tiger Woods, even if it's the Sean O'Hair version of Tiger Woods.

Watching the Golf Channel this morning, these guys are breaking Tiger down!

True TC, but it doesn't explain the crap coverage in the morning BEFORE TW was even scheduled to tee off. Didn't see McDowell until they interviewed him after his win, didn't show any of Watsons match, It was like Poulter was the only golfer on the course in the morning and TW was the only one in the afternoon.

True TC, but it doesn't explain the crap coverage in the morning BEFORE TW was even scheduled to tee off. Didn't see McDowell until they interviewed him after his win, didn't show any of Watsons match, It was like Poulter was the only golfer on the course in the morning and TW was the only one in the afternoon.

Yeah, I agree. Not sure why it is that way either. Hopefully we can see Kaymer, Westwood, and Phil today.

I can understand to a degree the way the channel cover this....but does having Tiger on the screen all the time encourage extra viewership? Do people change channel when they cover someone else for a minute?

I can understand to a degree the way the channel cover this....but does having Tiger on the screen all the time encourage extra viewership? Do people change channel when they cover someone else for a minute?

I agree 1000%. But have you met his die hard fans? A little touchy on some topics, so if they do miss a shot, you just never know. :D

I agree 1000%. But have you met his die hard fans? A little touchy on some topics, so if they do miss a shot, you just never know. :D

A shot maybe, but they cut to TW at least 3 times just to show him pacing while he was waiting to tee off. Someone at GC really needs to pull their head out of their bum

Tiger has fans? I've never noticed before. I thought every group got allocated a drunken lout shouting 'geiiinnahooooe' after every practice swing.

I noticed last night that when we did get to see shots from other groups, it was like a montage! Just wheel through them as quickly as possible, or even show them twice!

I'm getting sick of Tiger cam.

Been that way for 15 years.
But because the casual fan only watches golf when he is playing, that is who they cater to. Real golf fans know that there are better players out there, but the networks can't get past that. He WAS their bread and butter for so long it's hard to not show every move he makes.

Meh, I only smacked the old guy off the eliptical next to me yesterday because I missed Tiger's practice walk up to the tee box. I know I didn't have to trip the girl on the treadmill either but I will not miss a minute of his 20 min "read a putt" routine. Don't even get me started on the poor kid who lost an eye because Tiger couldn't close out #16.

Golf Channel's coverage has been going down the tubes and I'm picturing CBS like coverage soon. But it is with every broadcast not just Tiger tourney's. Even when Tiger has been Foley Stacked, the man gets coverage. I have a feeling a lot of what you see is dictated by sponsors and ratings (just an opinion). I could be wrong.

Westwood should just carry an Iphone4 then stream his round. Better yet, #12 can be his caddy and #12 can do commentary. I think he is a good player but he doesn't get much press for being #1. I think it's starting to bother him. Maybe #12 is rubbing off on him.

Azinger? Paul?

Paul Casey should be getting more time. So should Phil.

Been that way for 15 years.
But because the casual fan only watches golf when he is playing, that is who they cater to. Real golf fans know that there are better players out there, but the networks can't get past that. He WAS their bread and butter for so long it's hard to not show every move he makes.

I agree

I agree yoccos. Tw means ratings, always has. Westwood does not right now, maybe that will change if he played more events here, but he doesn't. And if you watch coverage of his home tour, he is covered constantly.

I agree yoccos. Tw means ratings, always has. Westwood does not right now, maybe that will change if he played more events here, but he doesn't. And if you watch coverage of his home tour, he is covered constantly.

its only because in most European countries he is seen as having nice teeth. they also get free dental work done there. Still want a government health care system?

I like the Euro coverage but I'm still pretty new to it. I guess in a way coverage = respect. Westy probably isn't feeling the love in the US. I agree with what you said, if he wants the coverage out in the US... maybe he should play in the US more.

its only because in most European countries he is seen as having nice teeth. they also get free dental work done there. Still want a government health care system?

Hey! I'm still here man, that hurts. :wink:

Bahahahahahaha. Hilarious. That made me lol.

This is my favorite event of the year. I probably say that at least a few times throughout the year because of the excitement of some tourneys, but this is my true #1.

What about the putt TW made? They showed it four times...four times! I couldn't believe it. I was saying to myself, "C'mon fellas..."

Back