On the Tee Box....where do you set up and why

Usually right next to the right tee marker because I tend to slice (though it is getting much better recently). My buddies joke about me trying to hit the tee marker instead of the ball.

Also: Sometimes on par 3s, I will move the ball back two club lengths and club up.

It depends on the shape of the hole, wind, and the shot i am wanting to hit.

If not a "perfect spot" is found, then i try to go one club behind the line, and more towards the left side as i hook the ball

Can sometimes depend on a lot of factors, hole layout, shot shape, trouble, etc. Most of the time though, it is wherever you can a flat spot to stand.

It depends on the shape of the hole, wind, and the shot i am wanting to hit.
ditto
Can sometimes depend on a lot of factors, hole layout, shot shape, trouble, etc. Most of the time though, it is wherever you can a flat spot to stand.
ditto
but if that doesn't work out and I'm hitting 3 from the tee I dissolve and forget and could end up hitting 5

You pick your driving angle based on the layout of the hole and how the shot will be shaped.

Kevin

Ditto.

I play a natural draw, miss is a hook, rarely a push/block. I there is no trouble and the hole is straighforward I setup on the left, play up the right side and hit my natural draw, leaving room on the left if it hooks a little. If there is trouble on the right to avoid I may setup more to the middle or right and start my shot so that a draw or hook keeps it well out of play. Just depends on the hole.

Right side most of the time when using a driver....chances are it's gonna be a slice or push.

I totally go off visual feel. What ever makes me most comfortable looking down the fairway. I never go off weather I'm gonna draw or fade the ball. Just my own idiosyncrasy. For me feeling comfortable is priority number one even if it technically doesn't make sense to set up on the right and play a draw.

Whatever side gives me the best angles to avoid trouble

9 times out 10 on the right side and I am middle left.

Right side 80% of the time when using my driver. I have to play my slice. It also depends on the angle of the hole.

On a straight hole without much trouble on either side, I set up on the right half of the tee box because if I'm going to miss the fairway, it's usually because of a slice or push, so I'll aim at the left side of the fairway. On a hole with a lot of trouble on one side (water, deep bunkers, OB), I'll set up on that side of the tee box and aim away from the trouble.

For me it entirely depends on how I'm swinging that day, and the hole. If I am having a bad day with my shots falling off right, I will push to the left to give more fairway to work with. Otherwise I tend to just go somewhere inthe middle or where ever best takes me off line with hazards.

In the flattest part of the tee box and if I have too, will go a club length back! Tee it up right in the center because that's where my ball goes :)

Depends on the hole layout and what shot I'm trying to hit. If I need to hit a cut then I will typically tee it up on the right side of the tee box and set up on the left for a draw. There is one hole at my home course that I set up on the left side of the tee box and hit a cut due to the tee box being lined up with right hand side of the fairway. A 5 yard cut would run through the fairway on that hole.

Back