My new Adams CB2s

I've had a chance to play these 4 times and hit the range 4 times.

My comfort with these has increased significantly. To me they seem to be a bit more forgiving side to side compared to my AP2s and a couple yards longer per club. They seem to loose a little more distance on mishits but overall I like them and they've earned a spot in the bag. I definately experience the harsher feel on mishits noted by others, but honestly love the feel on well hit shots and I personally like the difference as it's a clear indicator of a good shot.

I'm also very surprised how easy to hit the long irons are for a players type iron. The 4 and 5 seem easier to hit than my AP2s. That may have to do with the KBS shafts as they have a livelier feel and get the ball up quicker for me than the PXs from my AP2s. I have a very quick tempo and like how I can feel the KBS shaft load and unload. I've done alot of side by side testing with both irons and am not completely confident with my change.

As a plus, today I shot -2, 70 and hit 15 greens. Granted, I was swinging decent, but nothing phenominal, so they are more accurate for my game and I'm excited for the new golf season to start.

Another update, on Thursday I had one of my best ever range sessions. I focused on hitting different shots with each club, High draw, low draw, high cut, low cut etc, and with the CB2s, it was just awesome. I don't think I can credit it all to the irons, as I was swinging well, but I have a ton of confidence with the new clubs. I'll still acknowledge the harshness of the misshits, but I don't get any harshness on a flush shot.

Today, I played a skins match with some buddies and on holes 17 and 18, it hit two beautiful high cuts(a difficult shot for me) and hit them to 10-12 ft on both. I ended up with 10 skins and had a great day. More to come as I go...

As a side note, I went to GolfSmith today to get a Bushnell 1600 Rangefinder(which I cant wait to use with my new irons), and I have to say, the CB2s are in my top 3 irons in terms of looks, period. They are sweet looking, and I'm super happy with my choice.

Glad you are liking the irons. You will fell the same way with the 1600. I love mine and it is an awesome piece of equipment.

Nice to hear they are working for you AZ...I hope you have continued success! :)

Two more range sessions and another good round(+1, 72) in with these. I have to reiterate the same basic things for me. They hook a lot less for me than the AP2s and I can hit a cut much easier. They seem to be much straighter on misshits, but they do loose a little more distance. I'm totally good with this tradeoff as my typical miss is long and left, so being shorter/straighter on the misshits is ok. AND they are a little longer to boot.

I'm still enamored with these irons and they will be in my bag for a while.

Two more range sessions and another good round(+1, 72) in with these. I have to reiterate the same basic things for me. They hook a lot less for me than the AP2s and I can hit a cut much easier. They seem to be much straighter on misshits, but they do loose a little more distance. I'm totally good with this tradeoff as my typical miss is long and left, so being shorter/straighter on the misshits is ok. AND they are a little longer to boot.

I'm still enamored with these irons and they will be in my bag for a while.
Really glad you are liking the irons. I've had a chance to hit these a couple of times and I really liked them. I've never been much of an Adams fan, but these changed my mind. Thanks for putting up your thoughts on them.

Really glad you are liking the irons. I've had a chance to hit these a couple of times and I really liked them. I've never been much of an Adams fan, but these changed my mind. Thanks for putting up your thoughts on them.

I totally agree on the prior thoughts about Adams clubs. My only thought prior to this year was of my father-in-laws "old man" set. They are definately on my radar now. I got the A7 hybrids early in the year, obviously got the CB2 irons a few weeks ago and I just added a 9064LS driver this past Sunday. I've never been super brand loyal with any clubs as I want to play what I feel works best, but they definately weren't what I thought I'd be going with.

I'll probably put a few more posts on my progress with the irons to give some final thoughts after I feel 100% comfortable. I'm close but still a few more rounds to get to 100%...

My wife bought me a set of Adams A4 Tech forged earlier this year and I have been very pleased with them. I ended up dropping the 4 hybrid and purchasing a CB2 4 iron to replace it. The CB2 is a great stick and I can't be more pleased with the set now.

Excited that you like them. Have hit them twice and was stunned with how well the ball came off and felt. These are the leaders for my next set this spring. Waiting for the TM CB forged, but they will have to be incredible to keep the Adams from being in the bag. Will pick up a few pro hybrids for sure.

I was like others where the Adams irons weren't even in my mind as an option. i was messin around in my buddy's golf shop and jut grabbed a CB2 5 iron and started crushing the ball. i was all ready to get the Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity backs but once i hit the CB2's, it was all over. i prefer a heavier shaft than the KBS Tour 90's that come standard, so i had my buddy custom make shims so he could fit the KBS Black Nickel shafts in...Cost more since i got the black nickel shafts, but it was worth it to have better weighting and feel for me and also to have the ALL black look for the irons!hehe. My whole bag is pretty much black as well. Titliest 910 D2 driver with RIP shaft, Titliest 910 f 3 and 5 woods with RIP shafts, the Adams CB2's with black nickel shafts, Cleveland CG15 CC wedges with black nickel wedge shafts.lol. i am sure other people have had the black nickel shafts custom fit into the CB2 heads at this point as well, but i like to think that i was the first! Only irons i think i would trade these for would be my buddy's Adams A4 Tour irons. He got a set from the Adams rep in the black finish that are so damn hard to find in the non forged Tour model. already told him i wanna buy them from him once he gets sick of them.lol

Very nice writeup on the CB2s. They are some beautiful clubs.

Can anyone comment on the forgiveness of the CB2's vs. the new Callaway Razr-X forged or the TaylorMade MC's? I'm in the market for new clubs, however, being a lefty, I'm limited on what I can walk into a store and hit.

Thanks in advance,
Doug

I had a set of CB2's in the KBS 90 steel, swapped to the Javln Graphite, man are they smooth. Very happy with these clubs.

Can anyone comment on the forgiveness of the CB2's vs. the new Callaway Razr-X forged or the TaylorMade MC's? I'm in the market for new clubs, however, being a lefty, I'm limited on what I can walk into a store and hit.

Thanks in advance,
Doug
Can't speak for everyone here, but I have been trying every iron on the market over the last few months, and I am always going back to the Adams CB2's. I haven't hit the MC's yet, they are the only other possibilty for me, but after March 15th, one or the other will be in my bag.

I had a set of CB2's in the KBS 90 steel, swapped to the Javln Graphite, man are they smooth. Very happy with these clubs.

Can't speak for everyone here, but I have been trying every iron on the market over the last few months, and I am always going back to the Adams CB2's. I haven't hit the MC's yet, they are the only other possibilty for me, but after March 15th, one or the other will be in my bag.

Thanks for the info. I hope to hit the CB2's tomorrow. Being a lefty my local shop had to get a set from the Adams rep.

I'm in the market for new clubs, however, being a lefty, I'm limited on what I can walk into a store and hit.

Thanks in advance,
Doug

I feel your pain brother.

I had a chance to hit the CB 2's today. They felt very very smooth and I like the lighter shaft. Still hope to hit the MC's and Razr-X forged for comparison...

Back