ourdiscountgolf.com sells counterfeit clubs

mjklaw

Reaction score
Handicap
I recently ordered supposed Taylormade R11 Fairway Woods from OURDISCOUNTGOLF.COM. Since the clubs looked slightly off I compared them to real clubs at our local store. 1) The club head sizes were too large; 2) the head covers were made of plastic not leather; 3) the shaft lengths were too long for a 3 & 5 wood; 4) the shaft graphics were slightly off; 5) the grips were colored when they should have been simple black; 6) the club weights were too heavy; 7) the shafts should have been Fujikura Blur 70 not 60 (the driver's shaft); and 8)they used a cheap ill-fitting gasket under the face plate which sets the face angle. Even the torque wrench was a phony--since it didn't have a torque setting. I also checked the serial numbers with Taylormade---they are counterfeit.

I have now turned the matter over to US Customs for their investigation.

UPDATE: VISA has cancelled the charge because I sent them the email trail and photos showing the counterfeits compared to the real clubs . I also filed a claim with US Customs. It's very important to notify Customs if this happens to you. Since the clubs are clearly counterfeit, Customs can seize them.

Last edited:
I recently ordered supposed Taylormade R11 Fairway Woods from OURDISCOUNTGOLF.COM. Since the clubs looked slightly off I compared them to real clubs at our local store. 1) The club head sizes were too large; 2) the head covers were made of plastic not leather; 3) the shaft lengths were too long for a 3 & 5 wood; 4) the shaft graphics were slightly off; 5) the grips were colored when they should have been simple black; 6) the club weights were too heavy; 7) the shafts should have been Fujikura Blur 70 not 60 (the driver's shaft); and 8)they used a cheap ill-fitting gasket under the face plate which sets the face angle. Even the torque wrench was a phony--since it didn't have a torque setting. I also checked the serial numbers with Taylormade---they are counterfeit.

I have now turned the matter over to US Customs for their investigation.

Sorry for the unfortunate situation. Hate that for ya man.

Man that really sucks. Glad we have THP so people can share these experiences and save other golfers from having the same problem!

Hopefully you can get some kind of re-enforcement through your credit card company? Have you contacted them?

That sucks. With a name like that I would have been suspicious

No Bueno man that sux. Sorry to hear this... good luck with Customs man. I think if you paid with the credit card route you might have a better chance? Not sure dude.

Sorry for that problem man. Thanks for the heads up for everyone else though. Really hope they can get that fixed for ya.

Sorry for that problem man. Thanks for the heads up for everyone else though. Really hope they can get that fixed for ya.

Agree with this. I hope this works out for you

Tap tap taparoo

That sucks. With a name like that I would have been suspicious

X10, I will stick with reputable companies. I don't care how good the deal is, if you think how can this be this price than its probably bad.

Do they claim to be auterized retailers of brand name items. If so im sure the companies they are claiming to sell there stuff would love to here about these shady people

Sorry to hear about this. You need the right thing getting these people turned in. If you used a credit card, I would hope you could get some help from them. This is a problem that will not go away anytime soon. One really has to use lots of caution when buying from these fly by night websites. Not sure how much more the OEM's can do. They all have warnings on their sites, and this topic has been discussed for several years now. There are few bargains in life.

Agree with all saying that the credit card company is your biggest ally right now, good luck.

that sucks.. best of luck getting it worked out. its a shame that this kind of stuff goes on.

If you haven't, you might want to duplicate this post in the Counterfeit thread. Maybe it will help someone else later.

If it sounds too good to be true...

sucks, hope you can at least get some of your money back

I don't know why, but a big part of me has very little or no sympathy for the people being burnt by these sites. All the OEM's have had warnings on their websites for a couple of years, the topic has come up over and over on many of the golf forums and there have been several magazine articles over the past couple of years warning us all about the flood of not just counterfeit golf equipment, but counterfiet everything.

You just can't say it enough. Buy only from certified dealers.

before buying from an online seller always check if they have a brick and mortar address in the US. A lot of them just has a 24/7 person you can chat with. I also send an email to customer service of the brand of the product I am buying and include the web address and name of company to see if they are an authorized dealer of their product. They are very aware of the problem and will be glad to check it out for you. Better be safe than sorry. If you see the price 1/3 of the original price you can almost bet they are fake. I can't even get myself to buy from ebay because you don't know if the used clubs you are buying are fake too, and the seller wants to unload them on to you. If you do try to get a receipt and see if they were bought from a proper retailer.

Customs and your CC co. should save you

Customs and your CC co. should save you

Hopefully it works out. Always got to do your homework on these sites. Better to ask for some help from people on here prior, then to be the person to tell us about it later.

Damn that sucks.Good luck!

I don't know why, but a big part of me has very little or no sympathy for the people being burnt by these sites. All the OEM's have had warnings on their websites for a couple of years, the topic has come up over and over on many of the golf forums and there have been several magazine articles over the past couple of years warning us all about the flood of not just counterfeit golf equipment, but counterfiet everything.

You just can't say it enough. Buy only from certified dealers.

True enough, but I dont want to kick a guy when he is down. We all make mistakes.

Here is a tip for everyone thinking of buying any kind of clubs from the internet....
Go to www.networksolutions.com and do a whois search on the website name that you are considering.
It will show you the owner info on the website. If it comes back as a foreign country like china, thailand, etc...etc...
Do not buy from there.

Here is the info I got on the ourdiscountgolf.com website....

Domain Name : ourdiscountgolf.com
PunnyCode : OURDISCOUNTGOLF.COM
Creation Date : 2010-12-17 14:53:59
Updated Date : 2010-12-17 14:53:59
Expiration Date : 2011-12-17 14:53:59

Registrant:
Organization : king luo
Name : King Smith
Address : jiulong
City : hongkong
Province/State : Hongkong
Postal Code : 10000

Administrative Contact:
Name : king luo
Phone Number : 86-085-42974781
Fax : 86-085-65323077
Email : payforyouritems@gmail.com

Technical Contact:

Billing Contact:

The email address they use should be a huge red flag for you if the location isn't enough.
No legitimate company is going to use an email address like that.

i feel sorry for you , but i just brought new drivers and 3 wood and i actually come across this sight and i first thought wow cheap price, so i researched the web sight with key words sell fake,problems , and i come across stories telling me they are a fake sight, i would never buy a golf club without looking into it as these days there are so many fakes,well hope you get your money but i dont think it will happen,

I am sorry you got burnt. Call your credit card company and file a dispute also call Taylormade and give them a heads up on the website.

Like you I was also recently burnt and bought some fake clubs. I will only buy from my local retailer or a reputable site from now on.

Back