PGA Flexes muscles over bib

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
The PGA Tour told Stevie Williams that he must wear his caddie bib until he is the scoring area. he had been in the habit of taking it off on the 18th green and exposing the Valvolin logo on his chest. This went on during his last job. BUt the tour has now said 'keep it on'.

I do believe looping for TW has it's perks, not any more. Now he is one of the rank and file. I wondering if the tour will take away the shorts that Stevie started wearing during one of the made for TV events they had in the 2000s. That was a big deal at the time and now caddies can wear shorts. Let's see what else the tour will do.

I think he's a little more than that...regardelss of whether he's on TW's bag or not........sure he owes his 'brand' to Tiger but it's not like he's Joe Caddy

The PGA Tour told Stevie Williams that he must wear his caddie bib until he is the scoring area. he had been in the habit of taking it off on the 18th green and exposing the Valvolin logo on his chest. This went on during his last job. BUt the tour has now said 'keep it on'.

I do believe looping for TW has it's perks, not any more. Now he is one of the rank and file. I wondering if the tour will take away the shorts that Stevie started wearing during one of the made for TV events they had in the 2000s. That was a big deal at the time and now caddies can wear shorts. Let's see what else the tour will do.

His shirts usually have Valvoline logo on his sleeve I guess he wanted to show it off even more. I hope they make him zip up coveralls like at The Masters too. I know those are hotter than Hades but isn't a good look being half zipped.

I hate to say it, but this makes me think that the Tour was swinging off of Tigers...you know. The timing is pretty suspect. I wonder if they would have said anything had he still been on Tiger's bag.

I pick things up, I put them down.

I pick things up, I put them down.

Love it, love it, love it! My wife says this to me when I say or do stupid things (which can be far too often!)!!!

I love how the PGA Tour got it's muscles and went after Adam Scotts caddie. I'm guessing Tiger Woods caddy can still do as he chooses.

I love how the PGA Tour got it's muscles and went after Adam Scotts caddie. I'm guessing Tiger Woods caddy can still do as he chooses.

Zing!!!

Sent from my iPhone, so please ignore my horrid spelling mistakes.

Stevie is going 2 take Scott 2 a victory

"He's not a member Grandma, he's just a caddie"

I hate to say it, but this makes me think that the Tour was swinging off of Tigers...you know. The timing is pretty suspect. I wonder if they would have said anything had he still been on Tiger's bag.

Based on the coverage Tiger gets when he is playing, this is clearly his show. And when you eff with the Tiger, you are going to get bit.

Stupid rule, stupid timing, stupid variation, but the speculation is entirely logical.

You don't necesssarily have to be the 800 lb. gorilla, sometimes its enough to be his buddy!

You don't necesssarily have to be the 800 lb. gorilla, sometimes its enough to be his buddy!

Or not in this case.

I think Caddies should have to wear full suits with ties and for majors Tuxedo's. That should cover any problems of unprofessionalism. :D

Lol. Assuming innocence and bad timing on the PGA's part, they need to hire a 'director of good timing' to not make such decisions at such bad times.

Rank has its privileges and getting busted in rank takes some of them away.

And so it goes...

Rank has its privileges and getting busted in rank takes some of them away.

And so it goes...

Stevie will now be re-introduced to the 3 basic rules of caddying......Show up. Keep up. Shut up.

What Scott goes double-digit in the majors win column, with Stevie on the bag, he can start taking the bib off again.

The guy has proved his mettle with Tiger, but now he needs to prove it with another guy. Rules are rules, regardless even if you are carrying the bag of that 800lb gorilla in the room.

Rules are rules, regardless even if you are carrying the bag of that 800lb gorilla in the room.

Well except when they are not enforced.
Timing is suspect is the reason this is interesting.

Lol. Assuming innocence and bad timing on the PGA's part, they need to hire a 'director of good timing' to not make such decisions at such bad times.

But when to hire one? Now? Or maybe wait? Who could decide?

Looks like Scott is tearing it up with Williams on the bag. I wonder how Williams will appear now that he is looping for Scott? Will he still be labeled a thug?

SW looked like a gitty little boy on the bag yesterday. I hope he can drag the world class golfer out of Adam, he really is a talent.

Looks like Scott is tearing it up with Williams on the bag. I wonder how Williams will appear now that he is looping for Scott? Will he still be labeled a thug?

Will he still be labeled a thug?

I think it depends on how he is asked to respond. If he is asked to handle things the same way as before, then yes, I still think he gets that label.

SW looked like a gitty little boy on the bag yesterday. I hope he can drag the world class golfer out of Adam, he really is a talent.

It would be nice if he could.

But if someone has to have that "dragged out of them", perhaps it really isn't there to begin with.

Back