Need New Wedges - Help

wedge technology is pretty maxed out and any brand name wedge + other makers like scratch, edelson, etc... are all good. Almost every wedge produces a similar trajectory and spin so your best bet is to go with what you feel comfortable with. The real customization comes with shaft and bounce options (obviously get fitted incase your not standard length or lie).

I have been playing the wedges that came with my Callaway X-22 for over 2 years and I think it is time for some replacements as I am not getting the same performance. I have a PW (45), AW (51) and SW (56).

I did purchase a Titleist Vokey LW (60) last year but have not loved it and it is currently in the trunk of my car.

My current index is 11.7, which is the lowest it has ever been for me. I tend to pick the ball clean with little to no divot.

Suggestions? Currently considering the Callaway Jaws, Cleveland CG16 and Nike VR but open to other suggestions.

Im a big fan of the Mizuno MP T-11s. Ive owned various Mizuno wedges (MP-T, MP-R, MP T-10 and currently MP T-11) and they have great feel and the T-11s with the DG Spinner shaft give great spin even when you dont hit the center of the clubface or when hitting out of the rough.

I play 3 different types of wedges because I went by feel back before I knew anything about golf brands. My 52 is a Vokey because I love their feel and consistency on full shots, my 54 is a Taylormade Rac Black because it was heavy and makes sand shots a breeze, and my 60 is a CG10 because I like the shape of the head as well as its stopping power. I have to say buying new wedges is harder then buying a car lol...I am in the same boat as you because of the new groove rules (and because I cant re-groove these things anymore then I have lol) but I cant make up my mind with all the different wedges out there.

In terms of the ones you are looking for the callaways have really surprised me as well as the nikes. Try out each club if you can with different shots you may be like me and actually like the feel of different wedges for different shots.

I play 3 different types of wedges because I went by feel back before I knew anything about golf brands. My 52 is a Vokey because I love their feel and consistency on full shots, my 54 is a Taylormade Rac Black because it was heavy and makes sand shots a breeze, and my 60 is a CG10 because I like the shape of the head as well as its stopping power. I have to say buying new wedges is harder then buying a car lol...I am in the same boat as you because of the new groove rules (and because I cant re-groove these things anymore then I have lol) but I cant make up my mind with all the different wedges out there.

In terms of the ones you are looking for the callaways have really surprised me as well as the nikes. Try out each club if you can with different shots you may be like me and actually like the feel of different wedges for different shots.

If you dont have a preference all the options can be overwelming. Another instance where brand loyalty and fanboyism isnt exactly a bad thing. :laughing:

www.scorgolf.com,

They have something exciting going on with their 4161 series.

Also have a chat with blind9golf, they are an official partner to this community, I´m sure they can help you out.

I'm in the same boat, I really like the callaway x series jaws, pre cc..

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

I have been playing the wedges that came with my Callaway X-22 for over 2 years and I think it is time for some replacements as I am not getting the same performance. I have a PW (45), AW (51) and SW (56).

I did purchase a Titleist Vokey LW (60) last year but have not loved it and it is currently in the trunk of my car.

My current index is 11.7, which is the lowest it has ever been for me. I tend to pick the ball clean with little to no divot.

Suggestions? Currently considering the Callaway Jaws, Cleveland CG16 and Nike VR but open to other suggestions.

What kind of shaft do you like in your wedges? If you prefer a heavy (Dynamic gold) type shaft, then you might want to look at the Wilson TW9 wedge. Rockbottomgolf has them for $30 each in various lofts and colors. I just picked up the 54* and 58*, and really like them alot. I find the sole is great for chipping, the head is heavy enough that it is easy to sense throughout the swing, and the trajectory is easy to vary. And for $30 each - it is a great deal. You will probably want to replace the grip though - it is pretty Bleh...

Back