Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised if young Thainer doesn't hit this thread up when he gets home. I seriously think he's pondering the Taylormade TP CB's after hitting them some today. He hit A LOT of golf shots with them.

Had to be done!

Sean, I used this unit (I think it's the same one JB has) while visiting THP HQ a couple of weeks ago and it's awesome! The GPS gives you all the information you might need but having a Rangefinder built in is way too cool to me.

It's a great unit, I'd highly recommend it.
Thanks TC. Yardages have always been a guessing game for me and I know it's costing me at least a few stroke a round.

JB recommended the same unit. Over the past few days I've reviewed a lot of these units and downloaded a number of manuals and frankly I'm a bit intimidated. They look more than a bit complicated to use. Also, as far as the range finder goes I don't have the steadiest hand and am not sure how that would affect using the unit. In any case I'll have to figure out which way to go. XGC+ or the hybrid route.

Last edited:
I agree... Well Done!

I'm still trying to figure out that slot in my bag too, Edward. It's been one of toughest, if not the toughest, to fill.

I corrected my original post, looking at the new R11 4wood.

Still pondering drivers. Fltc says the R11 must be good. But what about the RAZR Hawk. SuperTri anyone?

Still pondering drivers. Fltc says the R11 must be good. But what about the RAZR Hawk. SuperTri anyone?

The R11 has intrigued me from the start. I love my R9 so I think pondering the 11 is juast natural progression. The Razr Hawk just blew me away and it's more than likely going to be had but that R11 deserves a good look from this guy.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

The R11 has intrigued me from the start. I love my R9 so I think pondering the 11 is juast natural progression. The Razr Hawk just blew me away and it's more than likely going to be had but that R11 deserves a good look from this guy.

Plus if you were to try the R11 you could plug your Kusala into it. BOOM

You are a wise man OEM.

thats the truth right there!! Then he could have the R11 shaft vibranted with pink!

I've been pondering the driver slot as well. I'm really thinking of biting the bullet and going with some more loft. I always tell people to use what works and not be concerned with the stigma of a HT driver, but it's still a bit tough to go there for some reason. I really think one could help my game. I'm not planning on getting rid of the Kusala though. I'm thinking SuperTri 11.5 might be the ticket, though the 10.5 seemed to work well for me too.

Did they make a 11.5 SuperTri? I was not aware. Only got the two we had to try and the 10.5 worked well for me.

I have a feeling you need a DSO to find the one for you...hehe On a monitor with 5-6 options.

I've been pondering the driver slot as well. I'm really thinking of biting the bullet and going with some more loft. I always tell people to use what works and not be concerned with the stigma of a HT driver, but it's still a bit tough to go there for some reason. I really think one could help my game. I'm not planning on getting rid of the Kusala though. I'm thinking SuperTri 11.5 might be the ticket, though the 10.5 seemed to work well for me too.

You can adjust the 10.5 up to 11*

I checked the TM page and they had a 11.5 ST. You are right that I need a DSO.

Dude, get the 10.5 then close the face a degree or two and add some playable loft. Then you can take care of your stigma issue and get the desired loft.

Or

Wait til the outing and we'll get you sorted out on the launch monitor.

I'm not doing anything until I get some monitor time and some options :)

clicgear 3.0 or sunmountain speed cart v1?

I checked the TM page and they had a 11.5 ST. You are right that I need a DSO.

That might have to be arranged....hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back