Shot shapes of the Pros

No_Three_Jacks

Amateur around scratch
Reaction score
Handicap
It seems like pros are hitting more cuts then they did 2 or 3 years ago? Am I just imagining this?

I think the fade has been preferred for a long time. Hogan, Nicklaus and many others have used the left to right shot. Distance is not usually a big factor for pros relative to the ability to control the ball after it lands and the fade tends to roll less.

I think the fade has been preferred for a long time. Hogan, Nicklaus and many others have used the left to right shot. Distance is not usually a big factor for pros relative to the ability to control the ball after it lands and the fade tends to roll less.

Roger that.

The better players you play with, the more fades you see.

"you can talk to a fade but a hook won't listen"

I love my natural fade (as long as there aren't trees right off the tee)

"you can talk to a fade but a hook won't listen"

I love my natural fade (as long as there aren't trees right off the tee)

+1....a nice fade is a beautiful sight.

I always knew I was a better player. This is awesome!

I always knew I was a better player. This is awesome!

I must suck cause I only cut it if I have to. Usually its a slight draw or a rope hook lol

Approach shot = fade most of the time. Not so important off the tee with a driver.

Yeah, if you listen to a lot of the golf commentators they always talk about how the fade is the preferred shot since it is more predictable. Also as mentioned before, with a fade there isnt much of a roll out on shots into the green or fairways. I know when I hit a fade off the tee, it is usually within 5 feet of where it landed, I don't get much roll.

Yeah, if you listen to a lot of the golf commentators they always talk about how the fade is the preferred shot since it is more predictable. Also as mentioned before, with a fade there isnt much of a roll out on shots into the green or fairways. I know when I hit a fade off the tee, it is usually within 5 feet of where it landed, I don't get much roll.
I've noticed that too. I have been trying to incorporate a fade into my game with irons. It is much easier to control IMO.

Back