Anyone know of a drill to help roll wrists through impact?

packerfan

Reaction score
Handicap
Lately I seem to be opening my clubface at impact on my drives. Just curious if anyone has a descent drill to use to help me square my clubface at impact.

9 to 3 drill can help with that. Start with your arms horizontal to the ground in the backswing (9 o'clock position for someone looking at you face on) and swing through to the 3 o'clock position, all while concentrating on rolling the wrists.

Simple drill, I call it thumbs up, thumbs down thumps up. Grip the club with you thumbs pointed down. Take it way so the thumbs ate pointed up about hip high on the back swing. At impact your thumbs will be pointed down again and on the follow through they should be pointed up toward the sky again. Thumbs up to thumbs up.

---
- Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Simple drill, I call it thumbs up, thumbs down thumps up. Grip the club with you thumbs pointed down. Take it way so the thumbs ate pointed up about hip high on the back swing. At impact your thumbs will be pointed down again and on the follow through they should be pointed up toward the sky again. Thumbs up to thumbs up.

---
- Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Same drill I had at a lesson, it was toe up halfback and toe up through impact. You can see the club a little easier so imagining it toe up?

Idk thumbs sounds good too lol

If you have a strong grip maybe you can turn the right hand to the left (V pointing at chin to inbetween right shoulder) some and that might help increase your ability to roll your wrists. (for a righty that is)

Here is a drill I have used that I found on another website.

Use the split grip drill, by splitting your hands, you’re forced to rotate them properly as you swing. Just grab any club, split your hands on the grip by a few inches and start swinging, you’ll feel the proper wrist release motion immediately.

I have also found that hitting full shots with my feet together encourages good tempo, contact and full release.

First off you want I be careful about rolling the hands. You want to roll your forearms over for proper release through the hitting zone.
I good drill is called thumbs up to thumbs up. If you are right handed grab the thumb of your left hand. This is done without a club. Now place your hands in the address position in front of you. The key is to have the thumbs facing the sky on the take away, down at impact and up upon follow through. This will help you to properly roll your forearms through the zone.

Back