How often do you actually hit the sweet spot?

With the 7, 8, 9 and wedges it seems to be close to every time, same with the driver.
Other than that, it's a crapshoot.

Depends on the club. Irons a little more often, Driver 1 out of 5, 3 wood 1 out of 10 times maybe.

Im not sure how many times. maybe 60%

I mean, Ben Hogan said that he'd be lucky if he hit one or two shots per round exactly the way he wanted to so I'd have to say i'm lucky to hit it the way I want once a round.

i hit the sweet spot the majority of the time. i just put it in the worst spots :banghead:

maybe 60% but its hard to tell if you have GIP irons. Thats why I play them. so I cant tell. :act-up:

For me, the sweet spot seems to be more about the day than the tries. If I'm relaxed and swinging with good rhythm and control, the sweet spot is an 85% possibility. If I'm quick at the top and feeling off, the sweet spot is a pipe dream.

Also, my taylormade r9 TP's make quite a few shots that I'm pretty sure are not dead on feel like they've been pured, so who knows.

Darn I wish I took a picture of my old set of irons. The sweetspot was worn pretty badly so I'd say I hit it regularly. This is one thing I work on everytime I am at the range. I work really hard on my ball striking ... I place 2 tees roughly the width of the club head and then a impact board approx 5 inches behind the ball. My goal is to hit down on the ball without hitting the impact board and right between the tees. Master this drill and you will be hitting the sweetspot regularly.

Darn I wish I took a picture of my old set of irons. The sweetspot was worn pretty badly so I'd say I hit it regularly. This is one thing I work on everytime I am at the range. I work really hard on my ball striking ... I place 2 tees roughly the width of the club head and then a impact board approx 5 inches behind the ball. My goal is to hit down on the ball without hitting the impact board and right between the tees. Master this drill and you will be hitting the sweetspot regularly.

That's a good tip. Certianly worked for Rush Limbaugh.

I hit the sweet spot with my driver probably 1 out of 5 times. 3w and 5w are a little better. Irons are usually right around the sweet spot.

That's a good tip. Certianly worked for Rush Limbaugh.

Yes exactly... I use the same drill. It works wonders. I used to have a problem with hitting my irons more off the toe as well and my local pro showed me this drill a few years ago and I have practiced it until I mastered it. It is amazing what a couple of golf tees can do for ya ...lolol

I'm going to try this the next couple days. Had a case of the shanks and this may be the trick. Thanks Mojo!

Yes exactly... I use the same drill. It works wonders. I used to have a problem with hitting my irons more off the toe as well and my local pro showed me this drill a few years ago and I have practiced it until I mastered it. It is amazing what a couple of golf tees can do for ya ...lolol

I know what I am doing tuesday evening now...

I'm going to try this the next couple days. Had a case of the shanks and this may be the trick. Thanks Mojo!

I know what I am doing tuesday evening now...

Good luck guys!!! If you stick to it it will surely help you. Just don't get discouraged at the begining ... it gets easier with time.... after a while you will just start feeling the ball mashed off the club face it is a wonderful thing!!!!

Cheers!!!

MOJO - the ball is placed between the two tees in this drill?

I place 2 tees roughly the width of the club head and then a impact board approx 5 inches behind the ball. My goal is to hit down on the ball without hitting the impact board and right between the tees.

Nice tip Mojo; I'll be practicing that tip this week.

2 - 3% of the time on a good day

Not sure, but I take a shower every Saturday night.

Not sure, but I take a shower every Saturday night.

that should up your chances .......

Back