Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homework when there's football on.

I had a guy who cheated on the last hole of our match today. I had a birdie putt from three foot straight uphill to win two quarters which would have made the skin count even with myself and two other golfers. I was fuming so much over his crap that I pulled the putt and ended up with a par which tied the cheater. Gawd I dislike folks who have miscounts on purpose. I should have called him out but decided to heck with it as it was only a couple of quarters.

I had a guy who cheated on the last hole of our match today. I had a birdie putt from three foot straight uphill to win two quarters which would have made the skin count even with myself and two other golfers. I was fuming so much over his crap that I pulled the putt and ended up with a par which tied the cheater. Gawd I dislike folks who have miscounts on purpose. I should have called him out but decided to heck with it as it was only a couple of quarters.
I don't care what people say they get. But I don't bet. If there was any amount of money on it I think you should have called him on it.

It's not about the quarters, its about the principal. You should have just asked, "What was the count again?"

Cheaters are stupid.

It's not about the quarters, its about the principal. You should have just asked, "What was the count again?"

Cheaters are stupid.

True. The amount of money was not the ticket. I even gave him twice the amount owed and said keep the change. I hope he GOT the message.. It's a done deal now and on to the next day out.

True. The amount of money was not the ticket. I even gave him twice the amount owed and said keep the change. I hope he GOT the message.. It's a done deal now and on to the next day out.

Way to be the bigger man OG. Cheaters suck, and it drives me crazy, but sometimes just realizing that's how some people are wired is the best thing and moving on. I know how you feel though.

OG, I don't know if you were keeping this guy's score, but in high school golf they teach the kids to say to their playing partners, "You had a 5 there?", instead of saying, "What did you have on that hole?" Of course, the presupposes you had a count of the guy's score.

Kevin

Class starts back tomorrow. Boo. Should be graduating this May, but since I switched majors I have another year. :banghead:

when i fix one thing in my game 3 other things stop working

I hate when that sh!t happens! I get upset too but I would have called him on it

I hate when that sh!t happens! I get upset too but I would have called him on it
Exactly. If you're going to play for money (any amount) you better be honest.

Exactly. If you're going to play for money (any amount) you better be honest.

It kills me when folks think they are getting over when you know they are cheating.

I figured out how to do the editing I wanted after I submitted my video. Oh well, it'll be better next time.

OG, I don't know if you were keeping this guy's score, but in high school golf they teach the kids to say to their playing partners, "You had a 5 there?", instead of saying, "What did you have on that hole?" Of course, the presupposes you had a count of the guy's score.

Kevin

Kevin -- I knew he had hit the par five green in three and his fouth putt was left like five feet short. He missed that putt which led to six strokes. Him and another guy who was in the game said ok you need this birdie for the win and to square the match. I was so fuming inside that my focus was off and I pulled the short birdie putt to "tie" him. Next time I will recount the hole with him and embarrass the guy in front of his friends. I let him slide on this occasion.

Kevin -- I knew he had hit the par five green in three and his fouth putt was left like five feet short. He missed that putt which led to six strokes. Him and another guy who was in the game said ok you need this birdie for the win and to square the match. I was so fuming inside that my focus was off and I pulled the short birdie putt to "tie" him. Next time I will recount the hole with him and embarrass the guy in front of his friends. I let him slide on this occasion.

That's so frustrating. This game is supposed to be about honor and honesty, right?

That's so frustrating. This game is supposed to be about honor and honesty, right?

Heck it's only a game but we do play by our integrity and honor.

Its not just Game gray, it's a lifestyle. People's habits, good and bad all present themselves on a golf course. People show their true self on the golf course.

Its not just Game gray, it's a lifestyle. People's habits, good and bad all present themselves on a golf course. People show their true self on the golf course.

This is so true!

Whomever invented lunges is the devil.

Parking on campus drives me insane. And it's only the first day back of the semester, fml.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back