Adams 9064 and F11

Kimeran

Play for fun, not anger
Reaction score
Handicap
~15-17
anyone hit these? I have always had an interest in Adams but at the same time I never think of them when looking at drivers...but on the other hand from what I have read the 9064 in particular gets some very high marks

I spent time with the 9064. Its a decent driver. I was not sold on it compared to a few others we have tried. But its a good driver.

I like the 9064 more than the F11. Go find them in a store and hit them. Who knows, you may end up buying one.

The F11 wasn't for me. I applaud Adams for trying something in the stale fariway market but that slot wasn't it.

I liked the 9064LS more then JB did. Pretty good performance which I think could work for most people but there were/are two downsides that annoyed me. First, I don't like the lack of an alignment aid on an all black club. I'm just not that serious.
Secondly the sound is out of this world. When people talking about strolling up with the R11 and feeling like they need to perfectly bomb it, well the 9064 is like that in reverse. It doesn't look like much but the sound is about the loudest ting I've heard out of anything. If people weren't watching you to start, they certainly will be after you make contact.

The plus side to it is that the Alpha or Gamma RIP shafts in there are very good.

How would you compare the tingy sound to the fast 10? I tried that one last year and it was ear-bleeding loud....however, I seemed to hit the ball very well with it.

About the same for the glued hosel and a bit louder for the DFS model

that is what I feared. I think it will go on the "to try" list but we shall see if anything comes of it. I have always hated the tingy, "oh my god my brain is going to explode" sound from so many drivers on the market.

Gamed a 9064 last year and loved it. I don't think the sound is anywhere near as annoying as the Cleveland hibore xls and monster xls. I was at the range a few days ago, it was me, him and a couple guys hitting, pretty peaceful, all the sudden he breaks out the monster, and cracks one, he was behind me so I wasn't prepared, and I literally ducked because it sounded like a gun shot, he laughed and commented how loud the damn thing was. I told him it was awesome, but really annoying.

If you think the 9064LS is loud, I'd guess you haven't hit too many drivers in the last 4 years.

I had the 9064, didn't hit one ball straight with it! Needless to say our relationship didn't last

I spent time with the 9064. Its a decent driver. I was not sold on it compared to a few others we have tried. But its a good driver.

Thats about what I would say. I didnt find it too loud, and I found it to easy to draw yet forgiving, but it was a solid club that with possibly a different shaft it could have worked better for me. I would recommend it to try if you are looking for a new driver.

You will never know unless you try it for yourself!

And I still may try it, but the main problem rises that it is hard to find someone that has different shaft offerings here other than in titleist, callaway, and the other big name brands....heck, even the some places that are listed as dealers on websites dont even keep any of their stuff in stock so I get the "we can order it for you"....so I run into the same problem I would even if I ordered it online myself and I dont have to pay a restocking fee if it doesnt work for me....

We have both the 9064LS and the F11 drivers in stock.

If you get the F11 (driver and/or fairway) from us, we have a playability guarantee for 30 days. You can send it back - w/in 30 days (the only hitch is you have to pay for shipping back). Note that it's only for the F11 line.

We love Adams - the 9064LS and the F11 are both good drivers. Many of our customers who are looking at the F11 compare it to the R11. B/c of the ghosting, honestly many people like the R11, even though they actually hit the F11 20 yards farther (goofy right??). I would also recommend getting out to try them.

Let me know if you have questions about either of these drivers.

Back