A little different way to push the tee it forward program

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
I played a course about an hour away a few weeks ago and I turned in the scorecard to my home course for handicap Sunday and I noticed something unusual on the card...I didn't notice it when I was playing that day

Here is a pic of the scorecard from their website

SWscorecardfront.jpg

Look at the far left side...right by the tee box listing...each one is broken down by recommended handicap...first time I have ever seen that.

Not the first time for me. Here we have a course that does that. The tips are 0-5 and honestly it's not much different from the blacks and the blues. But outside of that course I haven't seen it at all.

Pretty good idea. The colors are a little odd to me though. I've only seen blue, white, and red, in order from longest to shortest.

Pretty good idea. The colors are a little odd to me though. I've only seen blue, white, and red, in order from longest to shortest.

Yeah I thought the colors were odd too

Those par 5's are very appealing to me from the Green tee's! Seems like they should have +1 set of tees. 6-24 is quite a large span. Also, anyone else think it a little sexist to lump the ladies tee into the 25-36 group? I know scorecard space is limited but still....

Those par 5's are very appealing to me from the Green tee's! Seems like they should have +1 set of tees. 6-24 is quite a large span. Also, anyone else think it a little sexist to lump the ladies tee into the 25-36 group? I know scorecard space is limited but still....

They have a womens rating and slope on the Gold tees rated 6-24 HC...that's the set we played and yes all the par 5's were reachable in 2. This is a VERY tight course with alot of water though.....the course has houses built on at least one side of the fairway on almost every hole...if you are 5 yards out of the fairway you are OOB and in somebody's backyard. It's also quite hilly with a number of blind tee shots.

I agree. I would be kicking myself if I wasn't hitting those in two

I have to be honest even from the tips I am Able to reach those par 5s in two. But that is of course just looking at a scorecard and not the actual course.

I like this thought process though it seems like its an odd color setup... maybe to mentally challenge those who would normally play "black tees" into thinking they're doing something cool?

There are two courses in colorado that I can think of that mention handicaps when playing the tips, but they certainly don't have it on the scorecard as such.

After looking at the card a little more, that is an odd course all around, though I've seen stranger. The par 5's are fairly short from the tips, but the par 3's are really long by comparison.

Good idea. While I'm a little confused by the colors and hdcp numbers they use, this is a good thing. Makes it a little easier to ask a guy why he's tripling every hole and slowing the rest of the course down.

After looking at the card a little more, that is an odd course all around, though I've seen stranger. The par 5's are fairly short from the tips, but the par 3's are really long by comparison.

Yeah a couple of those par 3's are brutal...the one listed at 249 is almost all carry over water:shock:

They have a womens rating and slope on the Gold tees rated 6-24 HC...that's the set we played and yes all the par 5's were reachable in 2. This is a VERY tight course with alot of water though.....the course has houses built on at least one side of the fairway on almost every hole...if you are 5 yards out of the fairway you are OOB and in somebody's backyard. It's also quite hilly with a number of blind tee shots.

Sounds like my kind of course.:curl-lip: I guess it just surprised me to see the Hdcp range right there, which I wholeheartedly support. I'm very impressed with the 6900 yds. My home course just recently finished some new tee boxes and was re-rated by NCGA with 7009 yds from Golds. Very tight, thick tree lined on every hole, very undulating. but not much water in play, and no on-course houses. Sounds like yours takes a lot of thinking and accuracy. +1

I agree. I would be kicking myself if I wasn't hitting those in two

Absolutely, which takes the accuracy to keep it in play.

Yeah a couple of those par 3's are brutal...the one listed at 249 is almost all carry over water:shock:

After actually looking at the yardages for ALL the holes :doh: That looks tough! Wait wait, were you at AAC this past weekend?

I've seen different courses use different tee colors. That's not that strange. I've only seen one course though use hcs as a measurement for what tees to play. Would love to see every course do that though, with some loose type of enforcement. Too many people around here think they can still drive the ball 250+ every time.

I've seen different courses use different tee colors. That's not that strange. I've only seen one course though use hcs as a measurement for what tees to play. Would love to see every course do that though, with some loose type of enforcement. Too many people around here think they can still drive the ball 250+ every time.

There is no color standard when it comes to tee's from course to course. Many use the blue, white, red etc common colors, but not all.

I often play at Purgatory GC in Noblesville, IN and they have recommended what tees to play for years based on handicap.

http://www.purgatorygolf.com/pages/Questions.html#What tees would you recommend

BTW, tees at my home course are black, silver, gold......

Back