If you could golf with only ONE person the rest of your life

BeanieTX

Reaction score
Handicap
Who would it be?

I was thinking about this last night as I lay in bed, restless and not falling asleep until after midnight. Would it be my Dad? The one who introduced me to the game, the one who I play with 98% of the time, but is almost 64yrs old. The one who taught me honesty and basic swing mechanics. The one who watched me in junior tournaments all the way thru HS. The one who ponyed up the money & time so I could have a fantastic swing coach and learn the game from a 15+ year tour professional. The one who gave me everything I needed, mentally & physically, to compete as long as I wanted to compete.

Or would it be my Son, who is just 11months old and may never take up the game? But do I risk never playing with him so I can play with my Dad until he can't play any longer? Or do I never play with my Dad again as I could play with my Son for many, many more years and finally enjoy what my Dad has enjoyed since I was 8years old...his son playing the game he loves.

It's been 11hours since this thought first popped into my head and I've been thinking about it every waking minute (I slept for 4hours).

Who would you choose and why?

My wife.

Good question... My wife would be a good choice because if I told her I could only play with one person for the rest of my life and it wasnt her, she would kick my butt. My brother is the most fun to play with, as we have about the same game and we can challenge each other. My wife is pregnant and my son is due in a couple months, he would be a great choice too. Hard one man! One of those three for me.

Since my wife doesnt play I would have to say my best friend from HS

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

good question--think it would be nice to go back and play another round with Dad----maybe some bridges could be rebuilt and questions answered! Kids will find there own path the best you can do is nurture whatever interests evolve and if he likes golf that would be a bonus!!

Anybody, golf is not a social event for me so I don't care who I play with.

My wife does not play, nor does my father any more, so it would definitely be my brother.

Anybody, golf is not a social event for me so I don't care who I play with.

OK, then you can play with that guy who has no etiquette, plays very slow and smells really bad every time you play golf from now on! haha

A good friend of mine thats on the golf team with me. he's belbs long and hilarious.

HANK HANIEY I could be his life long project think what he could do for your game????

OK, then you can play with that guy who has no etiquette, plays very slow and smells really bad every time you play golf from now on! haha

I can just leave him thrashing around in the woods looking for his ball and head for the next hole.

My dad. He taught me the game and is the only reason I ever started playing. I play with him every week and it is always awesome.

Good question, my dad has passed away, I have no sons only a daughter who does not play, my wife won't even go to the course and ride in the cart with me. I would say my buddy who I have played most of my rounds with in my 13 years of golf, he and I enjoy the game and each others company.

Great thread guys.

For me it would be my daughter, I just love the time we have together out there, she enjoys the game, and it just kind of slows things down for awhile.

Reading this going in I thought I would pick my best friend. He and I took up the game together after high school. He lives in Boston now and I only get to see him maybe every year, but it has been 2 since last we played a round together. The reason I thought of him was because I have 2 brothers and I wouldn't want to pick between the 2 of them, and my dad doesn't play. Then I remembered that my 7 year old son LOVES the game, and it was an easy choice for me. My boy.

My wife,
A miracle has happened where she's interested in the game, going to the range, etc... never thought she would!

Sandra Gal :bananadance:

I'm waiting for people to come in and say Eldrick.

i have no idea...probably one of my friends, deffinitely not my wife...LOL

After some thought Natalie Gulbis..:banana::banana::banana:

After some thought Natalie Gulbis..:banana::banana::banana:

I was thinking that too....and she has to wear one of those bikinis from the photo shoots:blowkiss:

Back