SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

I have a question for One-T or any other long term Eidolon users. How is the ware on the V-Sole over time? Perhaps a slightly off topic question as we are not testing Eidolon wedges. But with so much interest in the V-Sole tech. I tough it appropriate to ask. I've seen plenty of used wedges in the trade in pile where the sole is obviously worn. Plainly they are very old, well used clubs. But with the V-Sole having that ridge for the bounce transition, I'm curious about the ware.

I have a question for One-T or any other long term Eidolon users. How is the ware on the V-Sole over time? Perhaps a slightly off topic question as we are not testing Eidolon wedges. But with so much interest in the V-Sole tech. I tough it appropriate to ask. I've seen plenty of used wedges in the trade in pile where the sole is obviously worn. Plainly they are very old, well used clubs. But with the V-Sole having that ridge for the bounce transition, I'm curious about the ware.

I havent noticed any ware on it. I think its a non issue because the groves will wear out before anything else. I have used my Eidelon 60* for quite a few rounds and it plays just as good today as it did when I got it....obviously the groves are worn a bit..but you get my drift.

In short: The v sole adjusts the bounce to the lie your in. This means each wedge can be multipurposed. No more grabbing the sand wedge because you need 16 bounce to get out of the trap and then having to make a touchy shot with your 52 because the 56 sand wedge has too much bounce to function from a tight lie.

The V sole lets picker's pick (without coming in thin) and diggers dig (without getting stuck) with the same wedge which frankly is straight up amazing to me. I know as a picker of the ball what I want in the hybrid, iron or wedge set is very different then what some diggers want. That limited the brands I can buy and to some extent the shots I can make. SCOR takes care of that problem nicely.

Very well said SuperTuna. The multiple bounces on the V-Sole really help that one club to have the functionality of several. It's also a great solution to me because I don't consistently play at one course, so I see a variety of tightness/softness/hardness conditions on a round-by-round basis.

That really was a great explanation. You all have been doing wonderfully in here.

I've had my Eidolons for 2 years, and play all year round (mild, wet winters on the West Coast). The finish on the bottom of the 60 has worn, not unexpected as this the wedge that usually has the task of getting me out a bunker (and has played lots of bunker shots when practicing. Of all the wedges, my 52 is the one that has the most play. Other than a couple of small nicks in the face, no serious signs of wear. I have not noticed any decrease in performance in any of my wedges, very pleased with how they have aged. No need to replace any of them at this time.

I havent noticed any ware on it. I think its a non issue because the groves will wear out before anything else. I have used my Eidelon 60* for quite a few rounds and it plays just as good today as it did when I got it....obviously the groves are worn a bit..but you get my drift.

How cool would it be to tape the area of the v-sole on a few shots just to see exactly how the technology works on different shots from a picture standpoint? Not sure the pictures would show it much, but curious how the contact works as the club opens more and more.

Questions for the reviewers:

What has been your favorite feature/quality of the SCOR system so far?

What has been the most challenging thing about them at this point?

Great questions. Should get some interesting answers

tapatalk addict....

Thats a great answer One-T. I am pondering soem Eidelon wedges as they make those in LH.

To date, my favorite thing is the V-Sole, and the versatility that it provides to me. With a close second (and perhaps related) is the forgiveness of the clubs. One of my most recent videos was of me attempting and producing a nominally good flop shot. That is something that was unheard of with any other wedge I had ever used, prior to Eidolon & SCOR.

So far the most challenging thing for me has to be dialing in "known" distances. My swing varies enough from outing to outing, and often even from 9 to 9 that knowing I can hit the 45* X-distance is my biggest challenge. I still come up short to often as I big-eye my distances. Obviously this is not the club's fault but the user's.

My favorite feature is probably the V-Sole and how easy it handles whatever shot I'm trying to hit with it. I also really like the grip design and how they intentionally marked the choke-down positions.

The most challenging thing is getting used to the smaller size of the 45 deg compared to the R11 PW it is replacing...the club is still really easy to hit, but it just visually stands out unlike the other three.

I have eidolon 48, 52, 56, and 60. All are holding up very well. Have had them for over a year. I have the primes so they are looking great and while the face lasering is starting to wear down the grooves still have plenty of zipping power.

A few pics:
62c0d386-740a-3f6f.jpg
62c0d386-7443-12af.jpg
62c0d386-746a-1a50.jpg
62c0d386-74ac-42a5.jpg

I'm still really happy with these and love the versatility even after being broken in.

iOS using Tapatalk

I have eidolon 48, 52, 56, and 60. All are holding up very well. Have had them for over a year. I have the primes so they are looking great and while the face lasering is starting to wear down the grooves still have plenty of zipping power.

A few pics:
62c0d386-740a-3f6f.jpg
62c0d386-7443-12af.jpg
62c0d386-746a-1a50.jpg
62c0d386-74ac-42a5.jpg

I'm still really happy with these and love the versatility even after being broken in.

iOS using Tapatalk

Love the way the prime finish ages...Wish they made in LH. Thanks for the pics.

Do you have to manipulate the club to utilize more bounce or less bounce with the V-sole?

I think everyone received the PW in the set. A couple of us did not receive the 9 iron replacement. I have given some limited thought to getting one, but it would throw the gaps off a tad. My current set, with the SCOR's in the mix increase by 5* for each club. Trying to throw a 41* in to replace my 9 would leave a 6* gap from 8 iron to 9 iron. In short I'm not sure.

Gotcha, I thought some did not get a PW. Good to know, so it seems the 4 wedge system would be the way to go. Being that your scoring clubs are all the same. May have a go at the 46,50,54 and 58.

How cool would it be to tape the area of the v-sole on a few shots just to see exactly how the technology works on different shots from a picture standpoint? Not sure the pictures would show it much, but curious how the contact works as the club opens more and more.

I will see what I can do to find some painters tape or something. I doubt that its going to really show much.

I dont want to narrow it down to just one thing sir Hawk. Of course I will echo what the others have said and go with the V-Sole. Thats a great feature but I dont want everyone to think its the only good thing these wedges have going for them. To me, the grips are nice, but I will be 100% honest and say that I dont look down and use the markings to determine how far to grip down on the club. I use "feel" from other shots. I think the fact that they are forged is a nice touch, I am not gonna say they are buttery smooth but I will say that they do feel great. A shot off the sweat spot feels wonderful, as it should. When missed, you kind of get a clicky sound and feeling but good ball flight and very acceptable results.

I think my favorite part is that it seems to me that they have made the face a little thicker (see topline pics) to add a little more forgiveness than you see from a lot of wedges. I am not one who hits the money spot every time, so forgiveness is pretty imprtant to me. I really love how the clubs do not have a hard time cutting through the turf so it allows me to swing with confidence.

the most challenging thing in my opinion is my 41*. I dont think its as forgiving as my RXT 9, but I also think I could be wrong. I truely need to get some time with both clubs before I make a false statement. Other than that, these clubs are very easy to put in play right out of the box.

I dont want to narrow it down to just one thing sir Hawk. Of course I will echo what the others have said and go with the V-Sole. Thats a great feature but I dont want everyone to think its the only good thing these wedges have going for them. To me, the grips are nice, but I will be 100% honest and say that I dont look down and use the markings to determine how far to grip down on the club. I use "feel" from other shots. I think the fact that they are forged is a nice touch, I am not gonna say they are buttery smooth but I will say that they do feel great. A shot off the sweat spot feels wonderful, as it should. When missed, you kind of get a clicky sound and feeling but good ball flight and very acceptable results.

I think my favorite part is that it seems to me that they have made the face a little thicker (see topline pics) to add a little more forgiveness than you see from a lot of wedges. I am not one who hits the money spot every time, so forgiveness is pretty imprtant to me. I really love how the clubs do not have a hard time cutting through the turf so it allows me to swing with confidence.

the most challenging thing in my opinion is my 41*. I dont think its as forgiving as my RXT 9, but I also think I could be wrong. I truely need to get some time with both clubs before I make a false statement. Other than that, these clubs are very easy to put in play right out of the box.

Nicely put good sir. Can't believe you didn't go with buttery though....HAH!

How would you classify the accuracy between the 2 clubs? Would you give one an edge over the other, or like the forgiveness factor do you still need to spend some more time with them to make a determination?

Great answers, guys.

So, One-T: You would say that these are more forgiving than a typical 'blade' wedge, but not as forgiving as your RAZR X Tour irons? It sounds to me that they are somewhere in the middle?

Great answers, guys.

So, One-T: You would say that these are more forgiving than a typical 'blade' wedge, but not as forgiving as your RAZR X Tour irons? It sounds to me that they are somewhere in the middle?

Great question... Just pondering that myself.

Really great job on the reviews guys.

How would you classify the accuracy between the 2 clubs? Would you give one an edge over the other, or like the forgiveness factor do you still need to spend some more time with them to make a determination?

Great answers, guys.

hey guys, this is difficult for me to answer this early. The 41* (9 iron) is the only spot that I have felt I would like some more forgiveness from the SCORs, but...its hard for me to knock the 41* out just yet. I will be putting the 41 and my 9 iron in testing against one another.

that being said, I have hit my 45*(PW replacement) quite a bit and I love it. Its plenty forgiving. I actually cant recall a bad shot with it yet.

I am leaning towards the fact they may be a bit more forgiving than the typical blade wedge.

Great answers, guys.

I know that I'm not the man, the legend, One-T, but I'll throw a thought out there anyway. From what I've seen so far, these appear to be more forgiving than a 'blade' wedge for sure. I don't notice a big forgiveness difference either way between the R11s and the SCORs, but the hitting area on the 41-45 deg scores seems to be smaller than on irons like the R11s or the RAZR X Tours. Therefore, you have less room to be off center before you reach toe or hosel, so in that sense I find the need to be more precise than normal, but as long as you keep it in the hitting area, the distance and directional forgiveness seems to be in line with the other sets.

I'm playing in a nine hole scramble this evening weather dependant, so I should have some additional testing thoughts tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the honest answer, dude :)

Really enjoying this thread!

Just to quickly answer your question hawk, my favorite characteristics are the sole and the consistent trajectory I am seeing. Trajectory is leading to reliable distances.

Challenge would be adjusting my game to the SCORs. 100 yards in I have always been very feelsy and taking full swings takes some getting used to.

Back