The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clearing that up!!!

Okay, I am not going to lie here, I am getting really nervous for Tuesday. Not about any issues coming up or anything like that, but just for the fact that the Morgan Cup will be set. Im nervous thinking about how nervous everybody else is. Im nervous thinking that we cannot please everybody and some will miss out. Im nervous that people will get a little upset if they dont make it.

Most of all, Im nervously excited for the opportunity that some THPers have in this event.

And like I said before, if you are not one of the lucky 14 that get in on Tuesday, the Morgan Cup is still for you. Contests, Prizes, great times, THP Dinner, and some exciting golf and media going on around you. Good luck everybody.

Okay, I am not going to lie here, I am getting really nervous for Tuesday. Not about any issues coming up or anything like that, but just for the fact that the Morgan Cup will be set. Im nervous thinking about how nervous everybody else is. Im nervous thinking that we cannot please everybody and some will miss out. Im nervous that people will get a little upset if they dont make it.

Most of all, Im nervously excited for the opportunity that some THPers have in this event.

And like I said before, if you are not one of the lucky 14 that get in on Tuesday, the Morgan Cup is still for you. Contests, Prizes, great times, THP Dinner, and some exciting golf and media going on around you. Good luck everybody.

yea there are certainly going to be some upset people that dont make it in the lucky 14 :(

Its such an amazing event - but that is life. Cant always get what you want :banghead:

Im sure its still going to be a great time for the people not playing - but it might take awhile to get over that hah.

PS: there is a lot of radio shows to listen too lol. this could get interesting

You are nervous JB? Lol. I am going to spend the next 2 days memorizing the articles and all the radio shows.

I don't want to have to search for answers I just want to know them already. :)

This is still a great thing and 14 people will be very happy and hundreds of others will be disappointed but happy for our friends here that do get to participate. Thanks again THP for taking the time and effort needed to pull an event this magnitude off.

Tappin to the oldies

PS: there is a lot of radio shows to listen too lol. this could get interesting

I guess that is an advantage for those that check out the home page once in a while and listen to the shows that go up.

I guess in some ways, I thought most of our THPers took the time to read our articles and listen to the shows that go up. I never thought it was something that had to be forced upon them to get into an event. Its something that we take pride in and put a lot of work in. Of course its not necessary or a rule or anything, but we kind of thought most would want to. I guess we were wrong.

It just shows you have a good heart JB.

The track record of fairness you and GG have speaks for itself. This will be fun for everyone!

I guess that is an advantage for those that check out the home page once in a while and listen to the shows that go up.

I guess in some ways, I thought most of our THPers took the time to read our articles and listen to the shows that go up. I never thought it was something that had to be forced upon them to get into an event. Its something that we take pride in and put a lot of work in. Of course its not necessary or a rule or anything, but we kind of thought most would want to. I guess we were wrong.

ive listened to just about all of them - but i certainly dont have them memorized - i dont want to have to search so im re listening to them to brush up. i didnt mean it like i never heard in the rough or something

I think most everyone has read everything and listened to everything as it comes up, I know I have. But when there are questions coming up about the shows, a re-listen and a re-read is a must. I know I am getting nervous and of course like everyone hope to get it, but I hope no one is mad if they don't get in, dissapointed for sure, but with some many people wanting in and only 14 spots the numbers are against us. Just to have the opportunity is incredible and if I don't make it, thats ok, I'll be a little sad but, I will be cheering for everyone who does come august!

I don't think you're wrong JB. Perhaps people mean they need to review what they've already read/listened to since there is so much information? I think one of the things that gives THP it's caché is it's home page. It's very professionally done and IMHO the best one out there as it relates to golf.

ive listened to just about all of them - but i certainly dont have them memorized - i dont want to have to search so im re listening to them to brush up. i didnt mean it like i never heard in the rough or something

If someone has listened to them, they wont have many issues. They are not going to be real technical questions, but certainly things that were said only on the radio show. And not all questions are radio show specific, they could be about articles.

I think most everyone has read everything and listened to everything as it comes up.

I wish you were right...:act-up:

I know in my personal case, some things appeal to me, and somethings don't. Ive never been a super strong reader, so articles are not something I look to for most of my THP satisfaction. I'd much rather read the banter and conversation in the threads, but that's just me and I'm sure there are plenty who like the opposite things I do. Some things I just don't read or listen to because they are on topics that just dont interest me(that paired with shorty speakers over the past little while). I do like the up and down shows though.

From the iPhone.

Reactions: JB
I know in my personal case, some things appeal to me, and somethings don't. Ive never been a super strong reader, so articles are not something I look to for most of my THP satisfaction. I'd much rather read the banter and conversation in the threads, but that's just me and I'm sure there are plenty who like the opposite things I do. Some things I just don't read or listen to because they are on topics that just dont interest me(that paired with shorty speakers over the past little while). I do like the up and down shows though.

From the iPhone.

And nobody would ever say someone has to listen to them. However with the amount of work that goes into them (shows and articles), we feel as though the people who do view THP in its entirety deserve an edge so to speak. Im surprised that a lot of it does not interest you though, I would think that most of it would, but thats just me. Id really like to hear more about the stuff that does not interest you in our shows. We never want to put things out that people dont want to hear and/or read.

I think I've read most of the stuff that's gone up on the main page article wise. I do miss the old main page, where the newest stuff was always front and center without other things taking up space nearby them, but I understand that it needed a new look and the new look does work.

But when it comes to the THP Radio shows, I'm notoriously bad at taking the time out of my day to watch a tv episode I missed online, or listen to a podcast. So I've only caught a handful of the THP Radio episodes. Guess I'll be playing catchup on Tuesday before the contest kicks off. :confused2:

I think I've read most of the stuff that's gone up on the main page article wise. I do miss the old main page, where the newest stuff was always front and center without other things taking up space nearby them

You can always just click Headlines & News from the forum to see the latest stuff each day.

I think most everyone has read everything and listened to everything as it comes up, I know I have. But when there are questions coming up about the shows, a re-listen and a re-read is a must. I know I am getting nervous and of course like everyone hope to get it, but I hope no one is mad if they don't get in, dissapointed for sure, but with some many people wanting in and only 14 spots the numbers are against us. Just to have the opportunity is incredible and if I don't make it, thats ok, I'll be a little sad but, I will be cheering for everyone who does come august!

yea id hate to not know a question bc i hadnt listened to the show from early january or i forgot sometihng! sorry little hungover today - brains still absorbing caffeine - thgouhts didnt come out right on paper.

You can always just click Headlines & News from the forum to see the latest stuff each day.

Sweet jesus! :dohanim: I've been staring at that link for ages and never clicked it...

And nobody would ever say someone has to listen to them. However with the amount of work that goes into them (shows and articles), we feel as though the people who do view THP in its entirety deserve an edge so to speak. Im surprised that a lot of it does not interest you though, I would think that most of it would, but thats just me. Id really like to hear more about the stuff that does not interest you in our shows. We never want to put things out that people dont want to hear and/or read.

I wouldn't say a lot of stuff doesn't interest me, because a lot of it does. And I agree, people who view THP in it's entirety not only deserve an edge, but should get one. I'm sure everything gets heard/read and appreciated.

From the iPhone.

JB is right. I'm nervous too. I had a much smaller role in planning this event and even now, I'm nervous about things as well. I love the excitement and I like that folks will be tuning into the radio shows, but there's a reason why we haven't had more installments of "Up & Down" and the simple fact is, there just aren't enough people listening. It bums me out a bit, so hopefully more folks tune in in the future. Who knows, perhaps getting prepped for Tuesday wouldn't be so nerve wracking for some.

At any rate, I'm glad that Tuesday is around the corner. I'm ready to find out who is going to be involved and on my team. We have work to do.

JB is right. I'm nervous too. I had a much smaller role in planning this event and even now, I'm nervous about things as well. I love the excitement and I like that folks will be tuning into the radio shows, but there's a reason why we haven't had more installments of "Up & Down" and the simple fact is, there just aren't enough people listening. It bums me out a bit, so hopefully more folks tune in in the future. Who knows, perhaps getting prepped for Tuesday wouldn't be so nerve wracking for some.

At any rate, I'm glad that Tuesday is around the corner. I'm ready to find out who is going to be involved and on my team. We have work to do.

yea its both nerve racking and exciting at the same time - i sure hope to be a part of it - would love nothing more than to spend the next 5 months preparing for an adventure of this magnitude!

So how many people are close to getting to that 500 post mark and are going to be able to get there they think? Kudos to you. This is getting exciting.

So how many people are close to getting to that 500 post mark and are going to be able to get there they think? Kudos to you. This is getting exciting.

I know! I wasn't sure if I could make it or not. Good thing I like golf :)

I'm here posting, biggsy's playing at Reunion. That's a sad fact!

I'm trying not to be nervous about making a team, I just remind myself I have the luck of the Irish.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Keep this one about the Cup guys. The trash talk should be int he Sound Off thread only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back