TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

I hit a few balls with the 3 Rescue TP today and this thing is a BEAST. The feel off the face is incredible and I love the RIP shaft. I am considering getting the 16 degree and not even keeping a wood in my bag.

Good lord!!! You like it that much to replace a wood? Do you find the face hot? Would be interested in hearing more details re hitting the rescue.. what was ball flight like etc...

Good lord!!! You like it that much to replace a wood? Do you find the face hot? Would be interested in hearing more details re hitting the rescue.. what was ball flight like etc...

I only had a chance to hit a few balls at work before we opened but I loved it immediately. The best way I can describe the feel is "solid". It also seemed to be quite forgiving. I was hitting the 18 degree TP and getting in the neighborhood of 235 yards. I typically hit my 4 wood 245 off the deck. So all that being said I am going to take my 4 wood with me to work and compare it with the 16 degree TP.

So is there a difference between the regular Rescue 11 and the TP other than shaft properties?

So is there a difference between the regular Rescue 11 and the TP other than shaft properties?

Only difference is shaft weight. I think the standard is a 65 gram and the TP is a 85 gram.

I did notice that the TP head appeared to be slightly smaller than the regular head.

I did notice that the TP head appeared to be slightly smaller than the regular head.

I know the heads get smaller as the lofts decrease but I wasn't aware the TP heads were smaller still.

Only difference is shaft weight. I think the standard is a 65 gram and the TP is a 85 gram.

Nice thanks for the specs bro.

Just took my 3H 18* rescue out and this thing is sick. I'm typing this on my phone so it won't be formatted perfectly. I'm just going to type my first thoughts.

Feel- It feels amazing hitting balls. The feel is very solid with more of a deep compressing feel than a pingy (new word) feel. I think this comes from the weighting. The clubhead is a perfect weight. I don't like them really light, because I feel a little more weight helps you feel what the club head is doing during the swing. I was able to feel exactly where and what the club head was doing in all phases of the swing. I messed around with this for a little bit and it was super easy to either somewhat hood the clubface to produce a draw that runs out or fan it open to get a fade that lands softly. I'm talking about hooding and fanning it open on a safe 70%ish swing. These shots go about 190-210 with this it seems. I like to use these type of shots sometimes because they're just so easy to hit. All I can say is it feels phenomenal. My Hibore XLS hybrids seem clicky and pretty gross compared to this.

Performance- I didn't take the time today to mess with the adjustable aspect, but just sticking with it on standard loft it was easy to control trajectory and shot shape. This is a relief because with my other hybrids I had a tendency to over rotate my hands and hit a high 20-30 yard hook, which is not something you're going to score well with. Distance wise it seems long. I'm not really sure yet though because it seemed they had the hitting area moved up a bit. There were three guys on the range who were striking their balls solidly and I was putting the Rescue past their drives. I would guess 230ish. I'll measure them tomorrow on the course.

Whiteness- Whenever I saw the white clubs on TV and whatnot I thought it would be a little distracting to me, but to be completely honest I was comfortable with it instantly. I actually like it. It really helps if your a person that picks a spot on your target line 5 feet in front of you. It seemed much easier to visualize a line from the club to that target spot. I'm not sure if this will make sense, but the white seems to help make you be more precise with everything in your setup.

Once again this is just a quick jumble of thoughts that are running around my dome right now. I'm playing tomorrow, range and probably 18 Monday also. I'll have my laptop and I'll be able to express my thoughts in a much clearer manner. Another thought I had was that the Rescue made the same range balls that felt hard off the Hibore feel like a nice soft players ball. Any questions please feel free to ask. I prefer some questions are asked to make sure the way I'm explaining my thoughts make sense to others.

adabaddc-e516-febf.jpg

adabaddc-e528-5df1.jpg

adabaddc-e540-d82e.jpg

adabaddc-e554-6f0a.jpg

adabaddc-e569-9c36.jpg

adabaddc-e585-1175.jpg

adabaddc-e5a4-5295.jpg

adabaddc-e5b6-8acb.jpg

adabaddc-e5cd-a363.jpg

I know white tile is ugly too. Sorry about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to throw in another big thank you to THP and Taylormade for the opportunity to test this out for you. Also, a big thanks to GolferGal for all the receiving of items, boxing items up, filling out and printing labels for shipping, and everything else she does. Thanks again. You guys are great.

Forgot to throw in another big thank you to THP and Taulormade for the opportunity to test this out for you. Also, a big thanks to GolferGal for all the receiving of items, boxing items up, filling out and printing labels for shipping, and everything else she does. Thanks again. You guys are great.

Nice, im excited to get mine

Hi folks,
Just completed my first round with my 3 + 4 Rescue 11 TP hybrids and was more than happy with them for my first round. I started off at the driving range and I hit my 4 hybrid of the grass and the first few went ok but low. After a few swings I was hitting the ball dead straight or a baby draw with a high penetrating ball flight. After some turf hits, I put a few swings on a tee and was very happy and achieving the same results which was nice and straight or a baby draw. I could not tell how far it was going but the feel was very solid and the ball had a nice trampoline effect. Hits in the center were great and some heel shots still went out there. I then repeated the process with the 3 hybrid and let me tell you, JRamz was right, oh absolutely right! The 3 hybrid is a beast and so very solid. This club is so effortless to get the ball airborne and is very powerful off the face. Hitting off a tee was great and this club will be a huge go to club for me on tight driving holes.
I would like to point out a couple of things here before I get to my round of play. If you are looking down the club at address, I noticed something weird. The shaft goes from silver below the grip then the shaft color is solid black. About 1 foot away from the club head the shaft changes where you could see the fiber weave of the graphite and it was shiney and somewhat distracting. At first I thought the shafts were damaged but both clubs were the same and I called the store and they verified that that is suppose to be the way the shaft was designed. Not a deal breaker and I am not complaining but I noticed it at first and after a while, I did not notice it. I just wish they had kept the shaft color solid black all the way to the club head. Another thing we need to get used to if you had the 09 rescues is that the terminology on the shaft tip has changed on the 11 rescues. The 09 had R – L – N. On the rescue 11 it says std loft – higher – lower. I wish they had stuck with the R –L-N as the 09 because if someone who buys an 11 rescue and hits it low and they move the shaft to higher, they are moving the clubface to a closed position and might not know it. Just something to watch out for when making adjustments.
As for my round, I hit the 3 hybrid on the first 2 holes and hit a baby draw on the first hole and straight down the middle on the second hole. The only other time that called for a hybrid shot was on the last hole. I hit my 2nd shot which was a par 5 using my 3 Hybrid and hit it dead center into a 20 mph head wind and still hit it just over 200 yrds. I did not get a chance to hit the 4 hybrid during play but I am playing tomorrow and hopefully will have a chance to hit it. I loved my 09 rescues but these new 11 rescues for me are much easier to hit and the ball gets airborne with no effort. I am very happy after my first round. I will report back tomorrow on my 2nd round with the Rescue 11’s. I can’t wait for my 5 Hybrid to come in.

Last edited:
Just took my 3H 18* rescue out and this thing is sick. I'm typing this on my phone so it won't be formatted perfectly. I'm just going to type my first thoughts.

Feel- It feels amazing hitting balls. The feel is very solid with more of a deep compressing feel than a pingy (new word) feel. I think this comes from the weighting. The clubhead is a perfect weight. I don't like them really light, because I feel a little more weight helps you feel what the club head is doing during the swing. I was able to feel exactly where and what the club head was doing in all phases of the swing. I messed around with this for a little bit and it was super easy to either somewhat hood the clubface to produce a draw that runs out or fan it open to get a fade that lands softly. I'm talking about hooding and fanning it open on a safe 70%ish swing. These shots go about 190-210 with this it seems. I like to use these type of shots sometimes because they're just so easy to hit. All I can say is it feels phenomenal. My Hibore XLS hybrids seem clicky and pretty gross compared to this.

Performance- I didn't take the time today to mess with the adjustable aspect, but just sticking with it on standard loft it was easy to control trajectory and shot shape. This is a relief because with my other hybrids I had a tendency to over rotate my hands and hit a high 20-30 yard hook, which is not something you're going to score well with. Distance wise it seems long. I'm not really sure yet though because it seemed they had the hitting area moved up a bit. There were three guys on the range who were striking their balls solidly and I was putting the Rescue past their drives. I would guess 230ish. I'll measure them tomorrow on the course.

Whiteness- Whenever I saw the white clubs on TV and whatnot I thought it would be a little distracting to me, but to be completely honest I was comfortable with it instantly. I actually like it. It really helps if your a person that picks a spot on your target line 5 feet in front of you. It seemed much easier to visualize a line from the club to that target spot. I'm not sure if this will make sense, but the white seems to help make you be more precise with everything in your setup.

Once again this is just a quick jumble of thoughts that are running around my dome right now. I'm playing tomorrow, range and probably 18 Monday also. I'll have my laptop and I'll be able to express my thoughts in a much clearer manner. Another thought I had was that the Rescue made the same range balls that felt hard off the Hibore feel like a nice soft players ball. Any questions please feel free to ask. I prefer some questions are asked to make sure the way I'm explaining my thoughts make sense to others.

adabaddc-e516-febf.jpg

adabaddc-e528-5df1.jpg

adabaddc-e540-d82e.jpg

adabaddc-e554-6f0a.jpg

adabaddc-e569-9c36.jpg

adabaddc-e585-1175.jpg

adabaddc-e5a4-5295.jpg

adabaddc-e5b6-8acb.jpg

adabaddc-e5cd-a363.jpg

I know white tile is ugly too. Sorry about that.

I like how your Titleist hat is conveniently placed behind your club in all of your pictures. You a titleist guy? lol just an observation, may have been unintentional

Nice write up F2G. Its refreshing to hear about the ease of use of this club and the fact that it can make a range ball feel soft is always a plus. All in all nice initial thoughts and feeback.

uhhh, last i checked mine was in TN and i just checked the tracking number again but now it says only the shipping info has been received and it will update once ups takes possesion of the package, doesnt sound good lol, hope some golf nut UPS worker didnt decide to test this instead of me.
It also said it was sitting at the TN hub since 4:12am this morning last update before all the info went bye bye.

uhhh, last i checked mine was in TN and i just checked the tracking number again but now it says only the shipping info has been received and it will update once ups takes possesion of the package, doesnt sound good lol, hope some golf nut UPS worker didnt decide to test this instead of me.
It also said it was sitting at the TN hub since 4:12am this morning last update before all the info went bye bye.

Yeah that sounds a little odd, don't be freaking me out like this bro. Now Im off to check mine cause you got my mind racing haha.

Yeah that sounds a little odd, don't be freaking me out like this bro. Now Im off to check mine cause you got my mind racing haha.

its real odd, i was wondering why it never departed TN since its been there since 4:12am this morning, now it has no info and says only a label has been created and UPS doesnt have possesion of it

its back up now, still showing its sitting in TN. thats weird
edit: Now its not showing a expected delivery date or anything, AHHHH UPS your killing me

edit: Now its not showing a expected delivery date or anything, AHHHH UPS your killing me

My club is still in MO...As far as I know UPS dosent move anything on Sat/Sun in my experience with them. So I wouldnt get too worried yet.

My club is still in MO...As far as I know UPS dosent move anything on Sat/Sun in my experience with them. So I wouldnt get too worried yet.

It moved today, from one TN hub to another lol. Just had me worried when the tracking info went missing, its back up so im ALLOT less worried now

I like how your Titleist hat is conveniently placed behind your club in all of your pictures. You a titleist guy? lol just an observation, may have been unintentional

Haha. That was completely unintentional. I'm definitely not a Titleist guy. The only Titleist things I have are that hat and some balls.

Mine is still sitting in TN too, scheduled to be delivered by Tuesday. I'm too anxious I'm thinking maybe I should just go meet it half way...

Mine is still sitting in TN too, scheduled to be delivered by Tuesday. I'm too anxious I'm thinking maybe I should just go meet it half way...

haha lets do it

Yeah we can split the gas and just go pick them up from the UPS shipment center lol

Yeah we can split the gas and just go pick them up from the UPS shipment center lol

ill get the hummer gassed and ready to go, just in case they arent open and we need to bust down some doors lol. I really cant wait to get this on tuesday, i just hope its not a long day at work so i can hit the range as soon as i get home

I was wondering if any you have played or hit the taylormade raylor, and how does this hybrid compare to the rescue 11. I picked up the game last spring (at that time I had no idea how to swing a club) and bought a 19 & 22 degree in a regular flex. Well now my swing is much better along with my swing speed and I feel the shafts that I have are too weak. Looking into upgrading the shafts or possibly buying new hybrids

Back