2012 Allen Edmonds Honors Collection

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Allen Edmonds Shoe Corporation, the leading American-based manufacturer of premium men's footwear and accessories, is introducing its new Spring 2012 Honors Collection™ of golf shoes.

The new line embodies Allen Edmonds dedication to Made in USA quality, service and performance. Each shoe is handcrafted in Allen Edmonds' proprietary 212-step process featuring the finest premium leathers, full 360° Goodyear-welt construction for stability and flexibility and a layer of soft cork within the insole that creates an almost orthotic-like custom fit for added comfort.

The newest shoes in the Honors Collection focus on the elegant styling of a golf shoe featuring wingtip patterns, croc leathers and a style based on their top selling Rough Collection of dress shoes. All of these new styles incorporate performance features like the traditional 11-spike configuration, Rubber Tap Water-lock outer sole and Goodyear welting for a very stable and flexible swing platform.

"The Honors Collection shoes are demonstrably different than the golf shoes most companies sell. They represent a return to classic, elegant shoes that reflect a refined gentleman's approach to golf," says Colin Hall, CMO for Allen Edmonds. "Other golf shoe brands have abandoned manufacturing Goodyear-welted shoes in the USA for cheaper, off-shore production methods. Allen Edmonds has been successful handcrafting our classic styles in heartland Wisconsin."

The 2012 Spring Honors Collection

The news Honors Collection shoes will feature four new styles specific to golf, each suited to distinct performance and styling:

• Medalist -- a traditional wingtip style with brogue details and a traditional 11-spike system. For the golfer who wants to shoot the lowest score and look good doing it, the Medalist is the shoe of choice. It features six-eyelet balmoral with perfing and pinking detail, full-leather Mocha-Milled linings, Rubber Tap Waterlock sole and 360º Goodyear-welt construction. Available in Black Calf / White KaraGrain and Brown Calf / White KaraGrain. Price: $345.

• Legend - crocodile-print leather on the saddle and a short wingtip style. The Legend honors highly fashionable golf legends like Bobby Jones, Ben Hogan and Sam Snead. It takes 11-spike golf shoe to the next level of sophistication and is the ideal shoe for the man who appreciates golf history and wants to show that proudly on the course. It features: five-eyelet balmoral with pinking detail, full-leather Mocha-Milled linings, RubberTap Waterlock sole and 360º Goodyear-welt construction. Available in Black Calf, White KaraGrain, White KaraGrain / Black Shiny Croc, White KaraGrain / Brown Shiny Croc. Price: $345.

• First Cut -- a classic, plain-toe, saddle golf shoe married with the rugged, distressed leather characteristic of the new Allen Edmonds' Rough Collection of casual shoes. First Cut is a fitting moniker for this new model, which combines the man-made designs with the beautiful works of nature that make golf courses so alluring. It features: five-eyelet balmoral with pinking detail, full-leather Mocha-Milled linings, Rubber Tap Waterlock sole and 360º Goodyear-welt construction. Available in Tan Dublin. Price: $345.

• Haskell - a cleated blucher shoe outfitted with dazzling croc-embossed leather. Named after Coburn Haskell, a fellow Midwesterner and a father of the modern golf ball, the Haskell provides the same style of the custom alligator models worn by the top Tour pros but at a fraction of their cost. It is the perfect shoe for the serious player whose on-the-course fashion has to be on par with his game. It features: three-eyelet blucher, full-leather Mocha- Milled linings, Rubber-Tap Waterlock sole and 360º Goodyear welt construction, Available in Shiny Black Croc and Shiny Brown Croc. Price: $345.

Those new shoes complement the Redan, Mullen, One-Up, Double Eagle and Links golf shoes of the Honors Collection introduced in January 2011.

2045551.jpg

Beautiful shoe no doubt but out of mine, and most peoples I would assume, price range.

Nothing like a nice affordable golf shoe to hit the market :bulgy-eyes:

I just don't see where there's a market for these shoes today. Especially with so many other options.

Nothing like a nice affordable golf shoe to hit the market :bulgy-eyes:

I just don't see where there's a market for these shoes today. Especially with so many other options.

Couldn't agree more. These could be the most comfortable shoes in the world but paying 345$ for Croc Golf Shoes is just insane to me. I'm just a dumb corn fed Iowan with no sense of style though.

Great! looking ,Wish I could afford to wear them....Because I would.

Couldn't agree more. These could be the most comfortable shoes in the world but paying 345$ for Croc Golf Shoes is just insane to me. I'm just a dumb corn fed Iowan with no sense of style though.

Haha, see, it's not the $345, it's just the fact I only get one pair of shoes for that. I could snag up 2 or 3 pair of really nice golf shoes for that.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I would guess that they will get some brand loyal customers to buy the shoes, but I don't a normal everyday converting to them. I would just get the Adipures if I am going to spend that much.

nice looking shoes but can't see these being any more of a niche shoe for a high income golfer

• Admin
I think people look at some of the larger price tags wrong in terms of marketing. Are they for you? Maybe not. However you are probably not buying their regular line of shoes either and yet they sell tons and tons each year.

As for golf, would it be easier to enter the market and be "the same" as the biggest shoe brands in the world like Nike, adidas, and Foot Joy and try to compete with that or would it be easier to come with something truly unique and go after a different client?

I was pretty impressed with the video of the refinishing process that was posted earlier in the year. The white ones look sweet, but they are probably a bit out of my price range. They do look like they would be a pair of shoes a person would have for a very long time.

I was pretty impressed with the video of the refinishing process that was posted earlier in the year. The white ones look sweet, but they are probably a bit out of my price range. They do look like they would be a pair of shoes a person would have for a very long time.

Yeah, I thought that was the big selling point behind these, they vertually last forever. Good looking shoe, but I'm not ready to pony up.

I am huge fan of Allen Edmond Dress shoes, But laying out 345 dollars for golf shoes is insane, You can purchase at least 3 really good pairs for that price

Great looking shoe, but I doubt they would help my game. Now if we're talking style points...

Last edited:
Beautiful shoe no doubt but out of mine, and most peoples I would assume, price range.

With you 100% here

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

They have a target audience and for the most part I do not think many forum members of THP are part of that. Tons of guys with money that will pick these up...another status symbol. Not saying they are not a good shoe - just saying that the people buying them are not buying them based on performance, but rather the classy "I have money" look.

They have a target audience and for the most part I do not think many forum members of THP are part of that. Tons of guys with money that will pick these up...another status symbol. Not saying they are not a good shoe - just saying that the people buying them are not buying them based on performance, but rather the classy "I have money" look.

I don't know if that's necessarily true. Some people enjoy handcrafted, made in the USA, products. It doesn't have to be a 'I'm better than you' thing. Many people here love their handcrafted putters for example.

I don't know if that's necessarily true. Some people enjoy handcrafted, made in the USA, products. It doesn't have to be a 'I'm better than you' thing. Many people here love their handcrafted putters for example.

That's fair...perhaps it's just my perspective. In the same light as I see some luxury cars and other things. Some people purchase to flaunt that they have the money and some do it because it is different.

Maybe I am just jealous because I will never be able to afford them!! LOL

I like these designs much better than last year's. They are a bit pricey, but a pair of AE shoes last a long time if you take care of them. I would love to have a really dressy pair of golf shoes.

Kevin

I like these designs much better than last year's. They are a bit pricey, but a pair of AE shoes last a long time if you take care of them. I would love to have a really dressy pair of golf shoes.

Kevin

That brings up a good point when you mention lasting a long time. Are these one of the brands that can be resoled for like $50 or $100? I know that some of the higher ends brands do that with dress shoes but not sure about golf shoes.

I have several pairs of Allen Edmonds and love the quality. I have a two pairs of cap toe dress shoes that have already been recrafted and still look great going on 10 years of wear. For me, buying AE shoes is more about getting a quality product that lasts and less about showing off.

A friend of mine has a pair of the Honors and says they are VERY comfortable.

That brings up a good point when you mention lasting a long time. Are these one of the brands that can be resoled for like $50 or $100? I know that some of the higher ends brands do that with dress shoes but not sure about golf shoes.

Yes, there's a video on the site in the thread from the PGA show I think, that shows how they rebuild them for about $40 or $50. I'm biased because they are based here in Cheeseland. They were a family owned company until the last couple years, but are still run the same way.

Kevin

For $90 they come back looking brand new!

I think theyd be too stiff as a golf shoe anyways...

They are not at all. Quite the opposite actually. We reviewed the first line on the home page.

Back