2012 Allen Edmonds Honors Collection

I have a few pairs of their dress shoes. They're pricey but well worth it.

Golf shoes, however, I can't justify the cost. They look really, really nice though.

Some very nice, classic golf shoes. A bit out of my price range though. I hated paying $170 for my eccos. They have held up very well for the past 18 months so I guess getting what you pay for is the most important part of it! I'd game the AE's if I could justify/spend the money without feeling very guilty.

Very nice shoes, but just not worth the $$

Im curious here because the consensus is that these are not worth the money. Why do people feel that a driver at $400 is worth the money when it seems to get replaced so often and shoes that last a decade or so are not? Honest question.

Im curious here because the consensus is that these are not worth the money. Why do people feel that a driver at $400 is worth the money when it seems to get replaced so often and shoes that last a decade or so are not? Honest question.

These shoes are for aesthetics. They aren't going to perform any better than a nice FJ or Nike. A new driver has the potential for serious game improvement.

These shoes are for aesthetics. They aren't going to perform any better than a nice FJ or Nike. A new driver has the potential for serious game improvement.

Are you sure? Isnt comfort and durability a huge part of the game of golf? While I am all for new equipment, can someone honestly say that they are getting significantly better with their new driver every year?

Big fan of the "First Cut". These might just make it to my shoe rack....

B/c shoes aren't as sexy as drivers. You don't show your shoes off, you don't pound balls down the range with shoes. You don't get jealous glances on the range b/c of your shoes.

Are you sure? Isnt comfort and durability a huge part of the game of golf? While I am all for new equipment, can someone honestly say that they are getting significantly better with their new driver every year?

Like I mentioned before - I have 3 pairs of their dress shoes, and they are REALLY comfortable - for DRESS shoes. They don't compare to an athletic shoe for comfort. I'm pretty confident you'll be able to find a more comfortable golf shoe for much less.

If durability is a huge concern, I can imagine having a high end pair of shoes would appeal to someone. I don't know how durable an AE athletic shoe is going to last. Their dress shoes really don't have much padding that can wear down - you just replace the soles, etc. How do we know these things will last $xxx more than any other shoe?

B/c shoes aren't as sexy as drivers. You don't show your shoes off, you don't pound balls down the range with shoes. You don't get jealous glances on the range b/c of your shoes.

that is true. However I do always check out the shoes of people I am teeing off with.

Like I mentioned before - I have 3 pairs of their dress shoes, and they are REALLY comfortable - for DRESS shoes. They don't compare to an athletic shoe for comfort. I'm pretty confident you'll be able to find a more comfortable golf shoe for much less.

If durability is a huge concern, I can imagine having a high end pair of shoes would appeal to someone. I don't know how durable an AE athletic shoe is going to last. Their dress shoes really don't have much padding that can wear down - you just replace the soles, etc. How do we know these things will last $xxx more than any other shoe?

Some might say I have a few pairs of golf shoes and I am not sure I agree with the bolded part at all.

This I agree with. Its about social credit and like a wise man once said in an interview here at THP, golf is very much about that when it comes to equipment. Ironically apparently not as much when it comes to attire and shoes. You would think it would be the opposite and I am sure it is in some circles.

Let me add by saying that my reason for like these shoes is NOT because they are expensive or a 'status' symbol. My regular group of guys that I golf with would have no idea if these cost $350 or $35 and I would probably never tell them how much they cost. I like these because they look classy/formal/dressy to me and I have 6 or 8 pairs of Allen Edmonds dress shoes and I am impressed with their look and quality. I guess in a way I am just being brand loyal.

Was thinking the same thing....

Not sure either how you can judge a product's worth without experience.

Was thinking the same thing....

Not sure either how you can judge a product's worth without experience.

Agreed. I'm just making a call based on assumptions. Maybe these shoes are absolutely amazing and comfortable as hell, but all we have is marketing information/pictures and prices.

Agreed. I'm just making a call based on assumptions. Maybe these shoes are absolutely amazing and comfortable as hell, but all we have is marketing information/pictures and prices.

Check out the home page review of the 2011 line.

Nothing like a nice affordable golf shoe to hit the market :bulgy-eyes:

I just don't see where there's a market for these shoes today. Especially with so many other options.

I was thinking the same exact thing. They may have just priced themselves right out of the market.

Check out the home page review of the 2011 line.

Those additional pictures help - but I'm not arguing that they're high quality and are well-built - just that I can't imagine a $345 golf shoe being $145 more comfortable than a $200 golf shoe.

However, if I had the funds to drop on shoes like this, I would. I'm definitely an AE fan.

Those additional pictures help - but I'm not arguing that they're high quality and are well-built - just that I can't imagine a $345 golf shoe being $145 more comfortable than a $200 golf shoe.

However, if I had the funds to drop on shoes like this, I would. I'm definitely an AE fan.

You may be right. Kind of like $300 putters compared to $50 putters. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

While AE makes some great shoes, and I am sure these are more than worth the price tag. To me I'd rather pick up a pair of $100 shoes and spend the extra $245 on rounds & golf balls.

I understand what they are trying to do here, and more power to them, but as beautiful as they are, I could never pony up that kinda cash for a pair of shoes.

I understand what they are trying to do here, and more power to them, but as beautiful as they are, I could never pony up that kinda cash for a pair of shoes.

I bet they would solve your bad socks problem:alien:

No, they wouldn't, because they don't solve my wide feet problem.
I bet they would solve your bad socks problem:alien:

I think those croc shoes are pretty sweet. I don't think I would ever buy those, but I would be happy to take them as a gift.

Esox... tell one of your cheesehead buddies to hook a brother up.

Also, I wouldn't mind paying a pretty penny for some awesome golf shoes if I was confident that they would 1) perform and 2) last a while.

Back