Srixon Z-Star Irons

I have decided I am taking these out tomorrow morning to see if I am in love with them as I think I am.

Awesome...can't wait to hear feedback. I was doing some digging and I found this on Golf.com about these irons. Some of the testers really seemed to dig this set.

Look like forged Machspeeds in a way. Which isn't a bad thing. The Machspeeds are the only game improvement clubs I ever hit that I actually thought improved my game.

Wow, those irons look sick! Interested to see what you think about them tomorrow after your session JB.

JB, I'm not sure, but pretty sure you have played with the older Z-tx forged.....
How do they compare? I was a big fan of the Z-tx, but they weren't the most forgiving iron. So I got rid of them.
Now these new Z-stars come out and I'm loving the way they look!! What to do what to do......

I have decided I am taking these out tomorrow morning to see if I am in love with them as I think I am.

Yes!!! Peer pressure and sparkly new weapons are too much for anyone to resist. I'll post my thoughts after I hit them on Saturday too.

Last, my jealousy over your 3D Masters viewing is embarrasing. I WILL be doing that next year.

Great looking irons with a very nice shaft. Would love to hit these...of course I would. :)

Sweet!!!

I can't wait to hear what you think of these. I have a feeling your signature will change sometime in the next week or so...

JB can't wait to hear your thoughts. I have to admit these pictures have me in full on ponder mode. Would love to hear if you like the shafts or not.

Those are some sick looking irons.

Now that is a nice looking set of sticks. I wonder if they will have it for Cleveland/Srixon demo tomorrow in our area.

JB, I'm not sure, but pretty sure you have played with the older Z-tx forged.....
How do they compare? I was a big fan of the Z-tx, but they weren't the most forgiving iron. So I got rid of them.
Now these new Z-stars come out and I'm loving the way they look!! What to do what to do......

There is a full review of the Z-TX irons on the home page. Very different irons. The Z-TX are very thin and not super forgiving. I would compare them to the Mizuno MX-300 in my opinion with the way they have the extra mass at the toe and heel. These are far more forgiving in just my few early swings. Launch the ball higher as well. They are also 10 yards further at a minimum per iron. Of course that is lofts talking...And I am listening, because I like it.

JB can't wait to hear your thoughts. I have to admit these pictures have me in full on ponder mode. Would love to hear if you like the shafts or not.

I like the shafts already (played them in my Williams FW32). They launch a little higher than my TT protos I have now, but that works for me.

Good luck with these this am JB.

I do have to vent/ask questions though: I know why these aren't available in LH, and it does make some sense to me, but why wouldn't there be at least an option to order them in LH or something? To be completely honest, it makes me feel segregated. If SRI can make Clevelands products in LH, why wouldn't they make Srixons? Again, I'm pretty sure I know the reason, but sometimes vocalizing my disappointment makes it feel a bit better.

Good luck with these this am JB.

I do have to vent/ask questions though: I know why these aren't available in LH, and it does make some sense to me, but why wouldn't there be at least an option to order them in LH or something? To be completely honest, it makes me feel segregated. If SRI can make Clevelands products in LH, why wouldn't they make Srixons? Again, I'm pretty sure I know the reason, but sometimes vocalizing my disappointment makes it feel a bit better.

The ordering thing would be impossible. They cannot go and make a run of a one off iron head for a person. The two biggest Japanese club makers dont have LH equipment. The percentage of players is small where they are marketed and the cost vs profit is just not there for them. In exchange they offer the Cleveland line that is pretty LH friendly.

The ordering thing would be impossible. They cannot go and make a run of a one off iron head for a person. The two biggest Japanese club makers dont have LH equipment. The percentage of players is small where they are marketed and the cost vs profit is just not there for them. In exchange they offer the Cleveland line that is pretty LH friendly.

I figured that was the answer. I'm sure they have their reasons and I'm sure they make much more financial sense than I could ever imagine. I guess I just feel better when I ask. Thanks for answering.

The reason they don't offer left handed clubs, is because Japanese people are not left handed. Have you ever met a left hand Japanese person? HEHE

The reason they don't offer left handed clubs, is because Japanese people are not left handed. Have you ever met a left hand Japanese person? HEHE

I've never thought to ask any of them to be honest. I had what was called a "language barrier" when I was in Japan.

It's ok, there's tons of other companies that make LH equipment.

I've never thought to ask any of them to be honest. I had what was called a "language barrier" when I was in Japan.

It's ok, there's tons of other companies that make LH equipment.

I think it is because chop sticks only come in RH versions.

I think it is because chop sticks only come in RH versions.

Good possibility. Either way, it saddens me, b/c I think that Srixon has done something wonderful with these irons. IMO, they might blow irons like the CB's out of the water for a few reasons. They are 100% forged, they offer forgiveness via a full cavity, I know they are longer, and you have to imagine they trump each other in the looks department.

Good possibility. Either way, it saddens me, b/c I think that Srixon has done something wonderful with these irons. IMO, they might blow irons like the CB's out of the water for a few reasons. They are 100% forged, they offer forgiveness via a full cavity, I know they are longer, and you have to imagine they trump each other in the looks department.

Yeah all that sounds awesome! I am sorry for you. I hope these are going to be a the demo day. I guess when Srixon makes it in the US market more they will start to offer some LH versions.

Yeah all that sounds awesome! I am sorry for you. I hope these are going to be a the demo day. I guess when Srixon makes it in the US market more they will start to offer some LH versions.

One would think.

I'm glad you guys will all have the chance to hit them in a little over a MONTH! woo hoo! I'll be sure to make many of you, who are pondering the CB's, to give these a nice test run.

Yeah these look incredible and offer the lofts I have now come to love. I am in full on ponder. Sorry TC

I now pronounce you man and irons. You may undress the bride.

On an unrelated note, who knew you could organize a bag without a 14 way divider. :bulgy-eyes:

1244225004_68GNf-L.jpg

1244225634_A6n36-L.jpg

1244225168_5Rqgp-L.jpg

1244225330_MbZg7-L.jpg

1244225499_pEXBv-L.jpg

Time to consumate the new relationship!

Damn JB, that just looks sick!!! when you put those clubs in the vulvo its gonna have workability.

Yeah, my clubs 14 way divided looks better.

Back