Cleveland Releases New 588 Wedges

I'm in the should have kept the back of the club with the classic logo, just like the pros are playing today. Classic. I know I will love the wedges, but they could have kept all the "stuff" off the back.

So some say they look like vokey wedges, that I can see a little. However I do not get the whole "they look busy" Ive not been playing long, and I kinda suck but when do you ever look at the back of a wedge at address? I must've been doing this all wrong if that's the case.

--
tapatalk

Correct, you don't see the back of the club at address, but you do see the back constantly prior to address. It is just cosmetics, sure, but you don't see the fancy wheels you put on your car when you are driving either.

Looks like Cleveland is about to announce the next product shortly:

Via Twitter:
ClevelandGolf Cleveland Golf
The next group of products to be introduced has been set up. What could it be? yfrog.com/keegohej
8 minutes ago

Great news!

I know what it is :D

I may have to replace the ping 60 with one of the sweet 588's. I have been thinking of moving to a 58 deg anyways.

Since I took a chunk out of my 52 yesterday and dented the toe of it due to a hidden rock underground I may have to look at getting one of these to replace it.

Since I took a chunk out of my 52 yesterday and dented the toe of it due to a hidden rock underground I may have to look at getting one of these to replace it.

Haha it'll take a lot to get a CG wedge out of my bag
a6cd0b0c-4c3c-cb29.jpg

Wow these are hot! Look a lot like vokeys for sure

umm, they look like Vokey's. Not that that's a bad thing, just the first thing I thought of.

They do...which is a good thing for this guy. My non-set wedges are used and are on the upgrade list. Vokey just got some competition. Some stylishly stamped "Joshzilla" 588's may be on the horizon!

The 588's were introduced 20 years ago, and I don't know the timeline of when the Vokey's came out but it could be that the Vokey's have always looked a lot like the 588's. I could be wrong on this.

The 588's were introduced 20 years ago, and I don't know the timeline of when the Vokey's came out but it could be that the Vokey's have always looked a lot like the 588's. I could be wrong on this.

thats exactly what i said earlier in this thread lol, i was pretty sure the vokeys looked like the 588's since they were out before them.

thats exactly what i said earlier in this thread lol, i was pretty sure the vokeys looked like the 588's since they were out before them.

LOL Epic Skim on my part. That's what I thought too that the 588's came out first so technically the vokey's look like them not the other way around.

LOL Epic Skim on my part. That's what I thought too that the 588's came out first so technically the vokey's look like them not the other way around.

lol, from what i remember and heard the 588 set the standard for looks/performance and everybody tried to copy it.

lol, from what i remember and heard the 588 set the standard for looks/performance and everybody tried to copy it.

That was my understanding too. Again I may be wrong but I believe that when the 588s came out they were the most popular wedges on tour and that's why 20 years later you still see the pros playing them.

I'm sure that is the case, but in that 20 years Vokeys have become VOKEYS, if you get my meaning. Vokey introduced a new style (SM4) this year, so options abound. As long as the weighting is right, the face is textured and it has KBS Hi-Rev's...it's on my radar.

I'm sure that is the case, but in that 20 years Vokeys have become VOKEYS, if you get my meaning. Vokey introduced a new style (SM4) this year, so options abound. As long as the weighting is right, the face is textured and it has KBS Hi-Rev's...it's on my radar.

It's all about the marketing. It's like a heel shafted putter, people call it a Napa, but realistically it should be called an 8802 because that came out first. It's all about the marketing and I totally know what you mean. I find it funny that everyone says it looks like Vokey's when it is really the other way around. I have always been fascinated by that, and not just with golf but in all different industries. Look at Google, when we search something we 'google' it but yahoo search was out before them. I am so fascinated by that.

Wow...those look tasty !

My CG15's aren't looking so good anymore

It's all about the marketing. It's like a heel shafted putter, people call it a Napa, but realistically it should be called an 8802 because that came out first. It's all about the marketing and I totally know what you mean. I find it funny that everyone says it looks like Vokey's when it is really the other way around. I have always been fascinated by that, and not just with golf but in all different industries. Look at Google, when we search something we 'google' it but yahoo search was out before them. I am so fascinated by that.

Absolutely! Here in Tennessee...people don't have a soda...they have a "Coke". Marketing is so powerful and a lot of the time we don't even realize how much we fall for it.

Absolutely! Here in Tennessee...people don't have a soda...they have a "Coke". Marketing is so powerful and a lot of the time we don't even realize how much we fall for it.

Vol fan?

Marketing is amazing though...Vokeys are the most overrated wedge on the market and 75% of people that play them should be using other wedges.

Are these heavy? I love heavy wedges.

+1. I have a CG11 that is very heavy and I love it. Hoping these are similar.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Vol fan?

Marketing is amazing though...Vokeys are the most overrated wedge on the market and 75% of people that play them should be using other wedges.

Not really, I don't follow football or basketball.

Not sure about the 75% thing, but I know what you're saying.

Nice too see Cleveland going in the way of using a little "tradition". A new generation 588 can't be a bad thing for business.

Alex

Back