The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Haha!!! Good ol' smallies playin the catch up game again. Here comes 6 posts by the only man who is allowed to skip the multiquote button.

From the iPhone.

No, that's all I got.

No, that's all I got.

Dang. Well smalls you do bring the heat when you do play the catchup game! It's always fun and the lack of multiquoteness makes me laugh so hard everytime! Especially since it's only avoided when you are catching up lol.

From the iPhone.

I know i was one of the ones that jumped on the "this is legit" bandwagon by my posts, but after further reading, let's remember that these are still rumors. Nobody has officially confirmed anything, and as far as the tabloids are concerned she's just been on his boat (no pun intended). So while i agree that it's probably true that tiger is putting for her birdie, is it not a little premature to go around calling this an image setback, another weave in a web of lies and another mark against tiger's reputation when all we're going on is hollywood gossip?

Am I missing some information that makes this more than just a bunch of outsider (as in the tabloids reporting it) gossip? i just did a quick google search and the most reputable source is the huffington post which is mearly paraphasing the daily mail (which one could argue since they're a reputable source, if they're reporting it then facts must have been checked and verified. to which i'll refer to the balloon boy fiasco). what in the the blue waters of the caribbean is the daily mail? that's the source? really? am i crazy?

Last edited:
I agree with Flooder to an extent. Not that this is what stunned me, I mean his lack of morals, ethics and disgusting behavior stunned me. But this is just one more thing in the long line of items that he said he was "working on" during his big presser that turned out to be nothing more than a lie.

I dont care who the guy dates frankly, but if you go out of your way to talk about the changes in your life and the changes in your values, and then repeatedly go back on everything you had said, it shows your character. Just come out and say "Im a freaking rich guy that is kind of a pig that likes young blondes. My wife got too old and tired after two kids, so I wanted younger." Then you move on. Dont give the world this song and dance of addiction, wrong doings, changes in your life as you meditate, and all the while not mean ANY OF IT!

I'll preface this reply with my fandom of Tiger. I always find myself defending him and I know its because of my fandom but acceptance is what... step 4 of 12?

I agree that this is not good timing for this to come out, but why is this anything to burn him at the stake for? I think I've seen or heard where he said he was doing better or whatever, but whats wrong with a single guy having fun now? If Elin is taking care of the kids and we know he plays better when he's "satisfied" off the course whats he doing wrong again? Because he said he's not into committing adultery and he always stressed how his private life is exactly that, why can't he have a hot young friend with benefits? He didn't choose someone more classy or upstanding or a better public figure because this is his private life.

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I couldn't realistically read 86+ pages before posting but we began following him because of his golf game. Did he sell some product because he seemed to be a decent person off the course? Sure, but if you bought those because of that well thats your own deal. Its not false advertising because he never introduced his "private" life to us because again, it is private.

Alright, I'm sure I'll get flamed for defending Tiger but hey, I made my bed!

I quoted my first post here because I think I summed up why it is bothering a few. Because the guy stepped up to the plate after months of hiding and gave the world a speech. It turns out that nothing in that entire speech was true.

Finding religion, on course behavior, changing his life, etc etc etc. He fed the world a PR script and it was clear as day from the minute it happened. Nothing has changed and nothing will change. Now his interviews all consist of the same PR scripts just folded into the children side of things. It really is PR 101 with everything he is saying. Some say for a decade it is clear now that as fans we were fed lie after lie and he built an empire on not only great play, but lie after lie. Then when he got caught, he made amends like all fans want and was given a second chance, but his second chance was built on lies as well. But alas, TW knows he cannot make endorsement money by standing up and talking about the truth when he got caught, and rather went with PR speeches.

I quoted my first post here because I think I summed up why it is bothering a few. Because the guy stepped up to the plate after months of hiding and gave the world a speech. It turns out that nothing in that entire speech was true.

Finding religion, on course behavior, changing his life, etc etc etc. He fed the world a PR script and it was clear as day from the minute it happened. Nothing has changed and nothing will change. Now his interviews all consist of the same PR scripts just folded into the children side of things. It really is PR 101 with everything he is saying. Some say for a decade it is clear now that as fans we were fed lie after lie and he built an empire on not only great play, but lie after lie. Then when he got caught, he made amends like all fans want and was given a second chance, but his second chance was built on lies as well. But alas, TW knows he cannot make endorsement money by standing up and talking about the truth when he got caught, and rather went with PR speeches.

I agree (I say that a lot starting posts!) JB, but it is his private life is it not? The fact that we know it does make it public information about HIS private life. I'm sure its been mentioned before, Tiger has more cameras on him on and off the course so it would seem he is the only a-hole on the course or is almost portrayed that way but in reality its just because the camera is on him more. I saw Woodland slam his club on sunday, the announcers didn't even say "he didn't like that shot" they just said he pushed it right. If it was Tiger everyone would've said, "well there he goes again, Tiger is not happy and slamming his clubs" am I right?

Hearing "the script" (a great analogy by the way both literal and figurative!) and listening to it or taking it to heart are 2 different things. I almost bypass it because my fandom is about him as a golfer. I've never bought anything because he endorsed it as a father or a husband, I bought his golf gear because I thought I'd play better or look cooler wearing it. He is a golfer, not a role model (thanks eminem) and or a golfing role model (Did I just contradict myself?). If I follow him on TV or buy Nike TW gear its because of his golf game. Not his private life. Sure he might continue to stand up a lie but he's not lying about golf.

I won't flame you. Everyone has the right to his opinion. In my case I've never been a fan. I never liked his on course demeanor: arrogant, petulant, childish, and what not.

+2. I was never a fan of his and after he was exposed as to who he really is, I don't pay any attention to him at all. I'm even surprised I'm even reading this thread or replying to it.

But alas, TW knows he cannot make endorsement money by standing up and talking about the truth when he got caught, and rather went with PR speeches.

When its all said and done, he'll write a book, and then make a boatload of more money.

I agree (I say that a lot starting posts!) JB, but it is his private life is it not? The fact that we know it does make it public information about HIS private life. I'm sure its been mentioned before, Tiger has more cameras on him on and off the course so it would seem he is the only a-hole on the course or is almost portrayed that way but in reality its just because the camera is on him more. I saw Woodland slam his club on sunday, the announcers didn't even say "he didn't like that shot" they just said he pushed it right. If it was Tiger everyone would've said, "well there he goes again, Tiger is not happy and slamming his clubs" am I right?

Hearing "the script" (a great analogy by the way both literal and figurative!) and listening to it or taking it to heart are 2 different things. I almost bypass it because my fandom is about him as a golfer. I've never bought anything because he endorsed it as a father or a husband, I bought his golf gear because I thought I'd play better or look cooler wearing it. He is a golfer, not a role model (thanks eminem) and or a golfing role model (Did I just contradict myself?). If I follow him on TV or buy Nike TW gear its because of his golf game. Not his private life. Sure he might continue to stand up a lie but he's not lying about golf.

Of course its his private life...That he chose to make public by profiting off of before, and then again when HE chose to stand up and say everything he said when he read his script.

As for the slamming of clubs, its equally bad, but lets face it, Gary Woodland is not TW, and Gary Woodland did not say on national TV that he wanted to fix that because it shows a lack of respect for the game. Sure its equally bad (and I call EVERYBODY out for that [see Christie Kerr rants), but at a different level.

However the part of being his fan because of his golf game is fine, but that goes back to my theory of different thresholds and what people expect out of humans. Everybody has a different threshold for what they tolerate. If TW had murdered someone or molested a child, would you still say "I follow him because of his golf game"? Of course not, you would say you think he should rot in a cell. For some, the constant lies are their threshold, while for others, they are fine with his private life in terms of saying it does not bother them and they are still a fan. It all comes down to different thresholds for different people.

So Tiger has a chick and everyone is all upset, what did you all expect? Who gives a rip...she's cute btw. Cute blonde who likes to party....sweet!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Of course its his private life...That he chose to make public by profiting off of before, and then again when HE chose to stand up and say everything he said when he read his script. .

See this I don't agree with. I don't know when or where Tiger's image became mr. family man, are there specific commercials or endorsement's that i'm not aware of/can't remember where he specifically used the "family man" image to profit? He was robo golfer who kept everybody out and married the sweedish bombshell. when i think of a golfer who profit's off of his image as a family man, i think of a guy like phil, not tiger.

He needs a couple more and maybe his game will come back. If I was as determined as he is to win 19 majors, I think I would go back to doing what got me there, for him it appeared to be banging a lot of chicks. :) Damage is done to his reputation, live his life like he wants from this point forward, can't close that door anymore.

Reactions: JB
Tigers and rumours

Tigers and rumours

Just got to work- headline: Tiger rumoured to be dating 22-year old....

Help his game this week? I say:
He's baaaaaack!

Tapping and talking since 2010.

I kinda like cheering for the underdog and if Tiger keeps playing like he has been I may become a fan. LOL

Not sure what to say.......or if I care......

I guess I just don't think that way, I saw nothing to indicate they had a relationship that carried back to over 4 years ago.

I guess I just don't think that way, I saw nothing to indicate they had a relationship that carried back to over 4 years ago.

Just what I was thinking.

I must have opened the original 3/23/11 "looks really creepy" thread just as JB was moving it and did not realize that at that point the 89 pages of postings was really the Tiger Issues thread started awhile back. So for all I knew all 89 pages had been burned in a couple days! For a moment I thought to myself "Oh my God this must be some horrible story".

Ok, you have a guy that has shown he will stick his thing in anything without worrying about consequence...Now you have him dating a girl that is 10+ years his junior. Then you find out the girl lived next door to him when he was doing his tour de force of adultry . Durring said period she was a young teenager and would write him good luck notes before tournaments.

Yeah, who would ever suspect anything might have happened? NOT ME!

I don't know if anything happened when she was underaged, but I do think it is a odd. Not so much the age difference, but him dating her in general. I guess he is sticking close to home or something.

It is a little creepy to say the least. Arnold Palmer once said we should be careful about honoring the living. In the end they could very well be on the strange side.......
However, my wife is 50 and I would love to trade her in for two twenty five year olds! :D

The latest post round interview and fall out is an indication to me that Tiger and the media should just avoid each other from now on. Tiger should stop doing post round interviews, just do the formal press conferences and everybody go their seperate ways. The relationship is just too dysfunctional to ever be fixed between the two parties.

Tiger has brought a lot of it on himself by generally treating the media like crap for most of his career, much like barry bonds. When Tiger had is fall from grace, much like barry bonds, there were a lot of guys licking their chops to kick him, which only made tiger dislike the whole process even more; There is a lot of passive aggressive tension and spite on both ends in interactions between tiger and reporters (i don't know why cbs continues to have macatee interview tiger, they could not be more uncomfortable talking with each other. Everytime those two have a postround interview macatee gets nervous and uncomfortable, asks some bad questions while tiger stares a hole through him and gives even worse answers. every single time, why cbs thinks it's a good idea to continue to have them interact i don't know). Tiger said he wanted to improve and make more of an effort, it's not working, he's failing horribly, a clean split is in everybody's best interests.

Rory gave a shining example of how to handle the media, his interview made tiger look like a complete fool. Granted people like Rory, but Tiger brought that on himself when he was younger by high handing everyone. Now the media doesn't like him, he hates them, they shouldn't be interacting with each other.

I think the media should ask Tiger intelligent questions.. He seems to get more annoyed with weak questions... Kinda like Phil Jackson..

Anyone got a link to tiger's Post round interview? I can't seem to find it.

Back